Hi my name is fort and i have something to say

And what do you propose people do to stop it? It's evident that posting about it on TI changes nothing.

The only effective way (that I can think of) of stopping GY farming is a complete boycott of games -- GL pulling that off.

#1 - WT is most definitely a contributing factor to the current state of 19s, seeing as to how GY farming has always been a "viable strategy" in their eyes. I've never seen you at GY personally, so I can't classify you as one of such contributors. But your guild seemingly failed to realize how negatively their "strategy" would eventually affect the bracket.

#2 - "GY Containment" is different from "GY Farming" only in the sense that it doesn't last as long. Neither should be considered viable, or acceptable.

#3 - A huge reason for this current state of 19s is the influx of fotm n00bs who have decided to begin playing at one of the worst possible times to begin doing so. I say one of the worst because Cataclysm was by far the burstiest era for twinking at this level, and one could get used to seeing 4-7 hunters a game (I was one of them, yes, but I would never sit at GY or queue without BiS).

separator.png

Graveyard farming has always been a closely intertwined activity with twinking, as its origin derives from twinking, after all. It's an inescapable fact, and a necessary evil. I have made this comparison before, and I will make it again - the 19 bracket's activity and overall quality is similar to lasseiz-faire capitalism. It has natural ups and downs, and these ups and downs will correct themselves given enough time and hope.

To summarize my opinion, I'll put it this way - it is partially WT's fault, though there were certainly groups of people who did this before their (your?) time. It is unfortunate, and it only teaches new members of the community that it is acceptable. It can't be stopped, and if it is, it will be back. It is necessary and inevitable, however conversely it has effected the bracket.

Hey, lose the gloves, Michael Jackson.

But no, seriously, it would be one thing if people were simply "containing" but it's another thing when they're actually farming and I've seen it from too many people. Most of which won't admit it but hey, what can you do? When life throws ya lemons, make lemonade.

On second thought, don't take advice from a guy who can barely tend to his own kids! Heh, just goofing.

GY Supervision we are supervising the graveyards.

Hey, lose the gloves, Michael Jackson.
#1 - I need them so that my fingerprints can't be recovered when I hide the bodies.

But no, seriously, it would be one thing if people were simply "containing" but it's another thing when they're actually farming and I've seen it from too many people. Most of which won't admit it but hey, what can you do? When life throws ya lemons, make lemonade.
#2 - You're right, but IMO, there is no difference between graveyard farming and graveyard "containment". It's just a fancy label slapped on a crappy situation to make it seem viable.

On second thought, don't take advice from a guy who can barely tend to his own kids! Heh, just goofing.
#3 - Children? Oh, you mean those things I use to feed my lions. LIONS.

And what do you propose people do to stop it? It's evident that posting about it on TI changes nothing.

The only effective way (that I can think of) of stopping GY farming is a complete boycott of games -- GL pulling that off.

Well the problem is, atleast in EU; we got enough people to keep pops going, untill some dickheads from TL ques and farm the hell out of the opposite team. This affects some people will stop queing including TL. This means; us who really wants to play a good entertainment game has to wait 40mins-1 hour for next pop. But I guess that's alright?

What Fort is trying to say is: he don't got anything to stop some people from gy farming, but he's asking people nicely to stop doing it and stop giving the bracket even more cancer than it already has. And if you don't agree with him, well you should consider playing another game/bracket, because it's not a good sportsmanship and this shouldn't belong to the best bracket in the world.

Well the problem is, atleast in EU; we got enough people to keep pops going, untill some dickheads from TL ques and farm the hell out of the opposite team. This affects some people will stop queing including TL. This means; us who really wants to play a good entertainment game has to wait 40mins-1 hour for next pop. But I guess that's alright?

What Fort is trying to say is: he don't got anything to stop some people from gy farming, but he's asking people nicely to stop doing it and stop giving the bracket even more cancer than it already has. And if you don't agree with him, well you should consider playing another game/bracket, because it's not a good sportsmanship and this shouldn't belong to the best bracket in the world.

GY farming is not happening much in Europe and when it happens, yes everyone hates and it usually stops, where in US it seems more normal.
Europe don't have hard times with GY farms.

Alternatively, if EU had rolled alliance instead of horde, it would have created an equilibrium in the bracket. Lately i've seen people from alliance migrating to horde which is not the best thing to do during the rough patch we're going through.
I myself tend to switch on and off between factions to balance out games.

As of right now it is clear that there is an abundance of horde players experimenting with Grave yard farming, or "Grave yard containment" for all you tinks in denial.

Clearly, if we can have enough people in the community (with experience) at least having the common curtesy to log off their horde when games are un-balanced and hop onto alliance it would make the games far more competitive than they've been the past few days.

I for one am sick and tired of the 30 minute wait time just to get into a game that lasts 7 minutes.
Anyways that's just my 2 cents on this topic.

*End wall of text*

Last edited by a moderator:
notice how the ones who are to daft to admit its farming are also the ones who afk when they get matched with an equal/fair comp and still talk the most shit

great post diddles!
a great example of this is when train cow destroyed waw tawent

Still holding on to that win vs. their c team I see...

I fail at quoting

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread