Help with Arcane

So I looked at everybody. This is what it seems is the absolute best possible Glass Cannon Build (barring anything not currently available to players). The highest flat damage output possible (not considering Haste, Critical Strike, or any regard for actual survival on the battlefield - other than all your opponents being dead).

Please offer notes/replacement items.
listed below by Location > Item > Notes > Enchantment on item that actually shows up in game
Head
Spellpower Goggles Xtreme Plus

Neck
Armsmaster's Sealed Locket (Mark of the Hidden Satyr)

Shoulder
Resilient Mantel (If you can get glitch enchants do it)

Back
Cloak of Rot (+3 Intellect)

Chest
Green Silk Armor (+7 Stats)

Wrist
Nightsky Wristbands (+4 Intellect)

Hands
Azure Silk Gloves (+5 spell power)

Waist
Nightsky Sash

Legs
Blue - Auxiliary Leggings of the X (you would want the highest Versatility possible) (If you can get glitch enchants do it)

Feet
Blue - Auxiliary Boots of the X (you would want the highest Versatility possible) (+3 Versatility)

Ring
Electocutioner Lagnut (+2 Versatility)

Ring
Blackwidow Band (+2 Versatility)

Trinket
Discerning Eye of the Beast

Trinket
Thousand-Year Pickled Egg

Weapon
Zealot Blade (+14 Spell Power)

Off-Hand
Durable Rod of the X (you would want the highest Versatility possible) (+6 Intellect)

I have 3notes:
1) Amplification versus Arcane Familiar. Amplification gets you an additional Bolt occasionally. Arcane Familiar shoots constantly and can trigger Mark of the Hidden Satyr... I still don't know the actual numbers.

2) Elemental Force Versus +14 Spell power. +14 spell power is just better, if you did not have an ability that just fired 5 shots all the time in a row, it would be a different story, but 70 flat damage every time you shoot just makes spell power better hands down.

3) If you can stack anything other than Versatility... any amount of Haste would be better than Critical Strike. On the Legs and Boots ideally you would find "of the Adaptable" for pure versatility, if you cant "of the Aurora" is best.

Last edited:
-familiar hits for 8-10, can proc ef
-missiles can proc ef only once(and may have no proc) so its definetely not the way to go for arcane mage
-but if u are in some kind of kite situation(say u chase efc or running away from fury war 1x1) u can swap to elemental force and spam instant cast arcane shit(wich name i forgot btw)
-aurora>adoptable

Can you give a DPS number for measurement? I want to try around a a little and need a number for orientation.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=4037/silver-thread-pants seems to be bis and https://www.wowhead.com/item=4999/azoras-will as second ring (you can even equip it twice if BWB is just not available.

Aux legs with +9 versatility or more are better than silver-thread pants. Electrocutioners lugnut is the best ring, then BWB... just look at versatility as basically 2vers = 1 intellect.

Smoldering pants sells for around 100-200k, and its +13, but resilient legs with +7 int and +14 versus is basically +14 int, and those sell for 500g, so don't always go by what the market tells you is more expensive... lots of those prices are just based off people who don't twink and guess.

Last edited:
Shouldnt you always take int over vers, since vers buffs dmg percentagewise? So higher int/spellpower makes vers better without adding vers rating? And is 1 spellpower also 1 int? I will try everything ;)

Aux legs with +9 versatility or more are better than silver-thread pants. Electrocutioners lugnut is the best ring, then BWB... just look at versatility as basically 2vers = 1 intellect.
So you're basically saying 16 vers > 10 int but 2 vers = 1 int? You should get your math sorted.

Also you can't get enchants on aux legs so they are shit.

So you're basically saying 16 vers > 10 int but 2 vers = 1 int? You should get your math sorted.

Also you can't get enchants on aux legs so they are shit.

1) You can't Read. I said BWB and Electrocutioner... Electrocutioner is better than Azurious... 16 vers = 8 int and you get the bonus of Stamina AND versatility. Please do not give people misinformation.

2) Again, get out your calculator or abacus or your fingers, and do the math on the Aux legs of the adaptable... its... real... simple. The enchant on legs at 29 is balls. Heirloom legs with +3int +2 vers = 12int... Aux legs +12 vers = 9+6 = 15 int.

Rubio
1) Spell power for Hands +5 and your main weapon +14 that is the only places it is BiS

2) I would not always take int over vers... whatever makes you do MORE damage, simple. If you are running out of mana and not dying you are already top dps and have killed many a nub anyway... eat a biscuit and get back in the fight.

Just shoot mobs in the woods and you can see that is is almost exactly 2 vers = 1 int as far as damage goes.

++++++++++

Most importantly tho, once you get past 270 int, you are not going to notice much of a difference in any BG. some people might have more or less, but if you live longer you just do more and if you are in more fights you just do more.

Last edited:
Electrocutioners lugnut is the best ring, then BWB...

1) You can't Read. I said BWB and Electrocutioner...

2) Again, get out your calculator or abacus or your fingers, and do the math on the Aux legs of the adaptable... its... real... simple. The enchant on legs at 29 is balls. Heirloom legs with +3int +2 vers = 12int... Aux legs +12 vers = 9+6 = 15 int.
You should probably learn to properly express yourself in English if you actually meant that BWB is better than lagnut before telling someone they can't read.

Let's assume your 2 int = 1 vers is correct:
Aux legs: 9 int + 12 vers = 15 int
Smoldering Pants: 13 int + 3 int + 2 vers = 17 int
Silver-Thread Pants: 11 int + 5 vers + 3 int + 2 vers = 17.5 int
Resilient Leggings: 7 int + 14 vers + 3 int + 2 vers = 18 int

Oh look, aux legs are garbage. Who would've thought.

You should probably learn to properly express yourself in English if you actually meant that BWB is better than lagnut before telling someone they can't read.

Let's assume your 2 int = 1 vers is correct:
Aux legs: 9 int + 12 vers = 15 int
Smoldering Pants: 13 int + 3 int + 2 vers = 17 int
Silver-Thread Pants: 11 int + 5 vers + 3 int + 2 vers = 17.5 int
Resilient Leggings: 7 int + 14 vers + 3 int + 2 vers = 18 int

Oh look, aux legs are garbage. Who would've thought.

I did not think you could still put the enchant on non-heirloom pants I thought that bug/hack was fixed. I stand corrected if it is. However you did read wrong before, in-fact you have read it wrong TWICE now about the BWB. Not sure how else to write that so you would understand, it's in English.

Last edited:
I did not think you could still put the enchant on non-heirloom pants I thought that was fixed. I stand corrected if it is. However you did read wrong before, in-fact you have read it wrong TWICE now about the BWB. Not sure how else to write that so you would understand, it's in English.

It requires an exploit, but leg enchants can be applied to BoE or dungeon drop pants. Up to you whether an exploit should be included in the "BiS options".

Been trying out that Haste build somebody mentioned before... 210 intellect with 30% haste (you lose a lot of int stacking haste). It's super fun, tho you go though mana like is candy. TONS of healer pressure tho with a saltwater potion. Damage is slightly less than stacking Int.

and thats why u roll troll mage
300+ int, 10% haste from gear, racial, drums, saltwater, clearcasting and berserker's buff is

You have a link to a mage with 300+ Intelligence (which I assume is them just giving up on versatility as well)?

I've got mine as stacked out as I can see and I only have around 275 (just wondering if you can only get 300 without grandfathered bullshit and/or just abandoning health/versatility). Even if I add cloak of rot and BWB I wont make 300.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mate if you need a help with arcane at this point you should just stop playing it.

You have a link to a mage with 300+ Intelligence (which I assume is them just giving up on versatility as well)?

I've got mine as stacked out as I can see and I only have around 275 (just wondering if you can only get 300 without grandfathered bullshit and/or just abandoning health/versatility). Even if I add cloak of rot and BWB I wont make 300.

Thanks!
ofc u have to give up stam, thats the whole point of being glass cannon
well i dont have gfd items nor CoR/BWB - 283 int+23sp, 10% vers, 1530 hp. I cld improve some of my gear(heirloom shoulder and pants) to get +2 int and some vers but i dont want that headache right now.

ofc u have to give up stam, thats the whole point of being glass cannon
well i dont have gfd items nor CoR/BWB - 283 int+23sp, 10% vers, 1530 hp. I cld improve some of my gear(heirloom shoulder and pants) to get +2 int and some vers but i dont want that headache right now.

Cool, Yeah that makes more sense to me then. I also have that +23 spell power I thought you just meant 300 intelligence AND also the spell power bonus from Hands/Weapon... which would be super insane. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread