Help with Arcane

Rockastansky

Veteran
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/Roadwarrior

What is needed to take this guy to the final level? I do not care about survival, its just 100% glass cannon for entertainment.

1) Blackwidow Band?
2) Cloak of Rot?
3) What else can add MOARPOWA!
4) Obviously only items that I can currently get in game.

Does having say 20% Crit actually matter at all?, or should that just be abandoned for more intelligence/versatility?

Thanks!

Please offer notes/replacement items.
listed below by Location > Item > Notes > Enchantment on item that actually shows up in game
Head
Spellpower Goggles Xtreme Plus

Neck
Armsmaster's Sealed Locket (Mark of the Hidden Satyr)

Shoulder
Resilient Mantel (If you can get glitch enchants do it)

Back
Cloak of Rot (+3 Intellect)

Chest
Green Silk Armor (+7 Stats)

Wrist
Nightsky Wristbands (+4 Intellect)

Hands
Azure Silk Gloves (+5 spell power)

Waist
Nightsky Sash

Legs
Blue - Auxiliary Leggings of the X (you would want the highest Versatility possible) (If you can get glitch enchants do it)

Feet
Blue - Auxiliary Boots of the X (you would want the highest Versatility possible) (+3 Versatility)

Ring
Electocutioner Lagnut (+2 Versatility)

Ring
Blackwidow Band (+2 Versatility)

Trinket
Discerning Eye of the Beast

Trinket
Thousand-Year Pickled Egg

Weapon
Zealot Blade (+14 Spell Power)

Off-Hand
Durable Rod of the X (you would want the highest Versatility possible) (+6 Intellect)

Last edited:
I would go for vers enchants since its a flat damage increase
Crit relies a bit too much on RNG
If you wanna be an AK47 go for haste and spam arcane missiles with that clearcast talent
[doublepost=1538402332,1538402183][/doublepost]Also try to go for the bg crate blue sword and offhand since both can be enchanted for even more intellect (The spellpower enchant on main wep+ The 4int offhand)

I would go for vers enchants since its a flat damage increase
Crit relies a bit too much on RNG
If you wanna be an AK47 go for haste and spam arcane missiles with that clearcast talent
[doublepost=1538402332,1538402183][/doublepost]Also try to go for the bg crate blue sword and offhand since both can be enchanted for even more intellect (The spellpower enchant on main wep+ The 4int offhand)

1) What Neck is bis is it the Armsmasters locket?

2) What Rings are Bis? is it black widow band and the electocutioners lugnut?

3) Is it worth giving up Elemental force? that really seems to do a ton of damage over the course of a BG :(

1) What Neck is bis is it the Armsmasters locket?

2) What Rings are Bis? is it black widow band and the electocutioners lugnut?

3) Is it worth giving up Elemental force? that really seems to do a ton of damage over the course of a BG :(
I wouldn't sacrifice int anywhere, so get necks/rings with it. The neck and 1 ring from random dungeon satchel and the other ring from BG crate. Or Advisor's Ring I think it's called, from the WSG vendor has tons of int and vers. Black Widow might be fine too if you have it, otherwise I wouldn't sink tons of gold into it...

I'd probably keep EF.

Nice gear. To squeeze more int into your gear you will need to go 1h and offhand for weapons. Zealot Blade should be your choice wep. It has 28 intellect on it and get +14 spellpower enchant. Durable Rod at lvl 29 gives 16 int and get +6 int enchant. There might be an offhand with mote int I can't remember off the top of my head.

Crit scaling is doooooogshit in pvp, so unless you can get crit passively from good items (like many rogue / hunter gearing options usually just happen to have crit on them), then I wouldn't say you should go for crit specifically. Int + vers, fit in some haste if it suits your playstyle.

Durable Rod is a BOE green with haste/crit/vers combinations. Best I have seen (I've only seen a few) was +3 haste and +4 Vers (my own is +4 haste +2 Vers). With +16 int and +4 Vers I think that would be BiS. I am certain it is possible to get higher Vers stats on it too, I've just not seen higher than +4 yet.

Last edited:
Durable Rod is a BOE green with haste/crit/vers combinations. Best I have seen (I've only seen a few) was +3 haste and +4 Vers (my own is +4 haste +2 Vers). With +16 int and +4 Vers I think that would be BiS. I am certain it is possible to get higher Vers stats on it too, I've just not seen higher than +4 yet.

What item level is that durable rod, cause I'm only seeing ones with +15 intellect.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/Supertruper

something like this
you can obsly go even more glasscannon...

Well new players cant get the inferno robe so that does not really count, have to settle on the green chest that I have. I do like the widow band that would probably be BiS witih the electrocutioner's lugnut (which 100% is at 29). And the arms master pendant is better than the heirloom one you have on as far as straight math damage is concerned.

Tho I will say at this point I'm basically trading 20% critical strike for +3 damage per arcane bolt blast by stacking versatility... that just seems incorrect to me. :( that means that I have to fire 38 bolts everytime I would have gotten a critical strike... 20% is still 1 out of 5 attacks.

Is there a reason people are choosing to use the Pickled Egg trinket over other trinkets?
Well it gives 8 int and a massive haste buff (mages can't get the haste I guess)
Other non int trinkets provide utility like remove stuns and hp which isn't always needed
Plus sweg epic trink at 29

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread