Help me with my new 19 Warrior :D

[ITEM]Glyph of Hamstring[/ITEM] and [ITEM]Glyph of Charge[/ITEM] are hands down the best glyphs for a 19 warr.

Amusing you're not faction changing or have heirlooms, looks good. However I would highly recommend getting [ITEM]Spidersilk Drape[/ITEM], [ITEM]Simple Pearl Ring[/ITEM], and [ITEM]Deviate Scale Belt[/ITEM] for capping your hit in arena/if you don't have hit pots in WSG. Also, unless you really need the armor for some reason (presuming you don't cause it appears you're going for dps), [ITEM]Leggings of the Fang[/ITEM] are far superior to [ITEM]Mighty Chain Pants[/ITEM].

EDIT: also assuming you're not going for AGM or fishing hat, of course. And I would also get the PvP trinket incase you forgot, noticed it wasn't on profile.

Glacial stone? Leggings of Westfall? come on now. ;) Yeah, Coolzo has it down. Hamstring and Charge are great. BOA if you have them!

Well it seems that he is not getting Boa's / faction changing otherwise he would have those on his chardev.

dumb question, but I just rolled a new warrior, and I find that I hardly ever use the glacial stone, normally shield

anyone let me know when you would use the glacial stone? i'm told to unload rage, but I find even with my shield on I hardly have enough rage to hamstring/rend/tc

use fang chest+boots+legs fo da expertise.

use drape+ring+girdle fo da hit. (at least one of em + pot)

1h+shield with crusader or smites.

runic/smites/whatever with fiery after proc.

In my experience is the 1h+shield option more viable in arena. Assuming you can get a sf, but it looks like it's going to be a budget twink, so that's probably not an option. Fang legs, 9stam bracers. 90 hp vs 9 attackpower is not much of a discussion. You will pump out fine dps, and the survivabilty will be more appreciated for sure.

And yeah, Harmstring+Charge is the only way to go.

Edit: I've done 2v2 with a mate called Mórp(frostwhisper eu) for ages, and we have tested out ALOT of differnent types of setups for him, including a max str, str+hitcap and hitcapped in normal build(he has hat and 2agm, so he can handle loosing the hp) and nothing was viable compared to his current setup. I recommend you look his armory up, he's a really good twink. We're closing in on Diplomat for him, and he has mojo and stuff :ppp

I think that possibly [ITEM]Fortified Bracers[/ITEM] of Strength (+5) with +9 str or [ITEM]Steel-Clasped Bracers[/ITEM] with +9 strength would be better than the [ITEM]Cavedweller Bracers[/ITEM].

Just my opinion though =]

Fortified Bracers: +9 Strength- 28 AP, 0 stam

Cavedweller Bracers: +9 Strength- 24 AP, 3 Stam

Steel Clasped Bracers: +9 Strength- 18 AP, 6 Stam

It actually won't make much of a difference after I add it all up... but meh =]

i /love budget twinks!!! And before 09 I used to roll several on my offservers. Looks very solid, but what shield and 1her combo r u going for? Personally i /love for a budget twink grabbing a Butcher's w/ LS and if you're lucky like I was you can grab a shield of blocking for 10s xD

I wasnt going to go for a 1 hander / sheild combo

If I had to however, Probably the BOP shield from the rare spawn in DM or the one that most 19's use if they can't get the Deadskull one, possibly a blocking shield if I can find one (I know I seen one!) :D

As for the 1 hander, I really don't see a point in wasting x amount of gold on a shadowfang, I'm just doing this for fun, I'll probably use a CB or a Gutter Blade, I dunno, advice? :D

Orginal Idea for my 19 warrior - Get HP, A fair amount of crit, A good Amount of DPS and be happy.

Thanks for the help so far guys n gals, I mean it :3

Any other advice, aside from leveling an 80 and getting a faction change? :p

Bracers wise, Cavedweller are BiS inslot for pretty much any build other than a stam stacking FC build, even then its iffy.

Wep choice: why would you choose gutterblade over Glacial stone? its from the same quest which is ally only...

Anywho, weaponwise you can go sword and board with crusader and a prot based spec which will get you good rage generation with your board up, then you can switch to a 2H with fiery on to unload said rage. personally in your average situation this is my favorite, tho ofc different situations require different weapons.

Shieldwise: deadskull is your best stam shield followed by redbeards crest, followed by goldplated buckler. Despite goldplated buckler having more hp, there is a substantial armour, block and strength loss which isnt made up for by the 2 stam and agi.

Grunts shield of blocking is your BiS shield for spike followed by anyother shield of blocking down to Outrunners Shield imo. After that its followed by red beards.

Some like to use Arctic Buckler with vitality for hp regen, personally i think its fine to do this cos arctic isnt BiS for anything else.

the choice between deadskull and runic darkblade depends on what you're likely to be doing most of the time. If you're in need of a high stam shield then deadskull is the way to go, tho in most situations a redbeards will suffice plenty good. However, despite runic darkblade being BiS for horde weapons, if you're changing faction glacial overtakes it. If you take darkblade, you can never be perfect.

The same sort of rules apply for the Glacial stone quest, were you to ever faction change. Glacial is the best 2h weapon for warriors out there it has the slowest speed that im aware of (i cant remember seraphs off the top of my head but its a worse wep anyway) as well as the highest dps and best proc. Gutterblade is the best inslot 1H weapon by about 1-1.5 dps if you dont include shadowfang. Here I'd recommend glacial since higher dmg is more important in a 2H situation than in a sword and board situation. Again, if you choose gutterblade you can never be perfect

Coolzo said:
[ITEM]Glyph of Hamstring[/ITEM] and [ITEM]Glyph of Charge[/ITEM] are hands down the best glyphs for a 19 warr.

Amusing you're not faction changing or have heirlooms, looks good. However I would highly recommend getting [ITEM]Deviate Scale Belt[/ITEM] for raising your hit in arena/if you don't have hit pots in WSG. Also, unless you really need the armor for some reason (presuming you don't cause it appears you're going for dps), [ITEM]Leggings of the Fang[/ITEM] are far superior to [ITEM]Mighty Chain Pants[/ITEM].

EDIT: also assuming you're not going for AGM or fishing hat, of course. And I would also get the PvP trinket incase you forgot, noticed it wasn't on profile.

All correct besides the parts I edited. IMO ofc.

ninedash said:
dumb question, but I just rolled a new warrior, and I find that I hardly ever use the glacial stone, normally shield

anyone let me know when you would use the glacial stone? i'm told to unload rage, but I find even with my shield on I hardly have enough rage to hamstring/rend/tc

Glacial stone has the highest weapon damage besides the BoA axe. Use glacial stone with crusader,+15 str, or +9 weapon damage for bigger rend ticks.

If I ever finish my warrior it will be an all out rend/hamstring warrior

PS what happens if you rend when crusader procs?

imo, file a petition with a gm to change your gutterblade to a glacial stone. Get a nice chant on it and keep a few Frost Oils in your bag for fc killing when you premade.

Bansil said:

I disagree with the spec first of all, I haven't seen a 2h warr do nearly as good as a 1h+shield warr specced for shield, and I don't think it's a coincidence. If you prefer 1v1 before anything else, then your spec might be viable vs melee classes, since you will pump out a tad more dps, but having glyphed harmstring, and being able to render the enemy immobile, you'll just have so many advantages in WSG and Arena, that a bit more dps can't possibly compete with it. This is not an oppinion, it's a hard fact.

I personally wanted to use a 2 handed weapon, becuase I've seen some pretty good 2 handed warriors that rank top in DPS, but then again, this also comes with knowing your spec, how to play and so on and so fourth.

I appologise for saying GutterBlade, my character isn't alliance, if someone would like to suggest a 1 hander w/ shield combo for me to test around with, I would be more than happy to (I've been looking for a perf block shield, can't find one yet :().

I'll try out the restoring power glyph, hamstring glyph, and then the charge minor glyph. I just wanna see what I like, while playing as a warrior. As a rogue, I love being sub, but this is gonna be a big change from "OMG LOOK AT ME, IM BEHIND YOU" to "ZOMFG IM IN YOUR FACE, LOLUMAD?" fighting style :3

Thanks again for the help, I'll go collect some fang gear later today when I get home from school (lol college sucks imho). I personally wanted to use the 2 hander from the DeadShield for my 2 hander, but maybe I'll use the two hander that drops from smite.

I also wanted to keep the "cookie cutter" spec, because I like to be on the offense, or defense, wrecking people with crits, and good damage. I see a warrior as a good class to do this with.

Again, thanks for the advice, and I'll get back asap to read XD <3 :3

butcher/cru + deadskull -> proc -> smites/fiery -> BÄM

resonating power is a big one! imo much better than a low chance to root.

BUT the prot spec is pure dmg/no tools. no instant disarm, no charge/hamstring...nothing. you need to get dmg to pump out insane numbers, but you will do it^^. it is not the ideal build to stop EFCs.

Users who are viewing this thread