Healers in SL

Best 20s healing class in SL ?

• Total voters
Also someone can link best build for resto shaman, holy paladin and dpriest :)

You are going to get 1000 different answers accompanied by an assortment of bullshit... just like I gave earlier... its all out your play style. Haste solved the issue I had with healing that's all that I can really tell you.

I would get to 200int in a BG.. . (even if that is with potion/flask)... after 200... then stack secondaries, depending on what you want to do. Mist weaver is the only class I would break that on, because Mastery is flat out better than Int... unless you want to have a failed BFA style fistweaver (which will be terrible).

Last edited:
youll find a number of different takes on gearing those classes in the armory thread. As Jadefire mentioned, a lot of it revolves around playstyle and feel, given the vast access to various secondary stats and what have you. In general primary stat > secondary stat and more sockets > fewer sockets. But thats a rule meant to be broken for various classes and specs on various pieces of gear.

I can't link you any builds but I can tell you what I did to come up with builds for myself. I went through the F2P & Vet Armory list for Resto Shaman, Holy Pally & Disc Priest. In a notepad document on my phone I wrote down what Mastery/Crit/Haste/Versatility Percentage each Toon had and how much of each rating was needed for each stat %. I then took the average % of all 4 stats from all of the toons and made that my baseline. If there was a stat for one of the specs I felt needed to be higher (Mastery for Resto Shaman for example) I would increase the amount of Mastery I wanted that toon to have. Sometimes the average % would be brought down by a toon or 2 with a very low/low (or 0%) of a stat, which then I would have to refigure out my average % after taking that toons % of that stat taken out.

If you made it through that novel and are interested, I can PM you (or link here) what I came up with for those 3 specs. I also have a bunch of dps specs as well I can give.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Wargames: Disc Priest > Resto Shaman > Holy Paladin > Mistweaver Monk > Resto Druid
Solo queue: Holy Paladin > Disc Priest > Resto Shaman > Mistweaver Monk > Resto Druid
According to this, If I always play solo que on my future twink, my best bet in-between Shamy and pally would be pally?

According to this, If I always play solo que on my future twink, my best bet in-between Shamy and pally would be pally?

Its just my personal opinion. If you solo queue in random BGs there tends to be more of a selfish "I need to survive" element to it. I don't think anything beats a Holy Paladin for survival but a Disc Priest isn't far behind - having 2 schools of magic for heals is so strong.

Resto Shaman is the strongest healer against big damage and spikey health pools. If your team mates are constantly at low health (wargames) then Resto Shaman's healing output is stronger than other classes.

Its just my personal opinion. If you solo queue in random BGs there tends to be more of a selfish "I need to survive" element to it. I don't think anything beats a Holy Paladin for survival but a Disc Priest isn't far behind - having 2 schools of magic for heals is so strong.

Resto Shaman is the strongest healer against big damage and spikey health pools. If your team mates are constantly at low health (wargames) then Resto Shaman's healing output is stronger than other classes.

I don't understand that thought process... even if you have i49s unleash life is not great... and riptide is a bad crisis management tool.. both have terrible cooldowns... Resto is the worst at dealing with spike damage (not counting Resto Druid).

Last edited:
I don't understand that thought process... even if you have i49s unleash life is not great... and riptide is a bad crisis management tool.. both have terrible cooldowns... Resto is the worst at dealing with spike damage (not counting Resto Druid).

I don't use those very often in Wargames. I spam Healing Surge otherwise you lose too much casting time. Why are they the worst? The spikier the damage, the more powerful our mastery becomes. 3k+ healing surge crits is no joke.

i'm sorry but you are wrong, clearly misinformed or a bad troll, idk which at this point, and i won't even bother trying to react to, but yeah....

RDruid is extremely good at dealing with spike damage. It's just horrible at maintaining healing output.

Ironbark, Cenarion Ward, and Swiftmend (15s cooldown Holy Word: Serenity) are all very good at dealing with a sharp rise in pressure.

550 base Regrowths, on the other hand, are quite bad at keeping things under control after that.

Do... do people just not use Rejuvenate when judging RDruid?

I know people are bothered by only having two pvp talents, but Reactive Resin is the shit.

For damage spikes you have HoT pings between GCD, Resin procs, Swiftmend, Cenarion Ward cast 20sec before engage, and Ironbark.

For sustained output, it's hard to beat Rejuvenation on a GCD basis against any players/pets attacking in melee.

RDruid isn't a good main healer, but honestly no one except DPriest is. Still an excellent support healer in BGs though.

Bias coming through, but I'd rank them as:
Arena) Priest = Paladin = Shaman > Monk > Druid
BGs) Priest = Druid > Paladin = Shaman > Monk
Overall) Priest > Paladin = Shaman > Druid > Monk

(Thanks to all guys who chimed in on resto druids, I am going to try one based on your posts. I didn't see many good resto druids and the ones I saw were kind of meh, but maybe that's because good resto druids switched to other classes temporarily. Will find out. I love playing druids at max level, all specs. It will be great if resto works at level 20. All other druid specs already do, to an extent, have their niches.)

i'm sorry but you are wrong, clearly misinformed or a bad troll, idk which at this point, and i won't even bother trying to react to, but yeah....

Yeah well, I have both... and Resto is not as good as MW... maybe I'm pressing the wrong 3 buttons... or you can go do more math work. This shit is pretty simple.

Can somebody post how much well geared dpriest have noncrit dmg and heal with mind bast, penance and shadow mend and how much PW:S absorb?

Off topic: is possible have 19 twink and 20 vet after sub expire?

Can somebody post how much well geared dpriest have noncrit dmg and heal with mind bast, penance and shadow mend and how much PW:S absorb?

Off topic: is possible have 19 twink and 20 vet after sub expire?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/moknathal/bóp

Non-instanced tooltips (without atonement)

Mind Blast damage --- 184

Mind Blast absorb --- 743

Penance healing (total) --- 930

Penance damage (total) --- 279

Shadowmend heal --- 793

Power Word: Shield absorb --- 409

3k+ healing surge crits is no joke.

How does an rshaman get 3k+ healing surge crit? I guess that means 1.5k normal healing surge. But my rshaman (pure f2p, full tbc gear, no ilvl28) currently has 220int, mastery:deep healing 24% outside BG. Still far from 1.5k healing surge.

How does an rshaman get 3k+ healing surge crit? I guess that means 1.5k normal healing surge. But my rshaman (pure f2p, full tbc gear, no ilvl28) currently has 220int, mastery:deep healing 24% outside BG. Still far from 1.5k healing surge.
get 110% mastery and heal someone with low hp.

Users who are viewing this thread