Healers in SL

Best 20s healing class in SL ?

• Total voters
It is not little bit over? Its sound like lot of overhealing for me.

That is not an exaggeration (believe it or not)... well when you are keeping one twink alive while there are 5+ guys beating his face... its well worth it.

Actual numbers:

Surging mists does 450 then 650 then 850... and each of those gets a +400 gusts of mists so after 3 seconds you are doing 1250+ every button press... + you have soothing mists going off and you have Env mist... i mean somebody is pretty much invincible unless they have multiple S tier twinks focusing them down. I just like goofy shit like that, as the meta is just a joke now anyway. Essentially with all the ticks and random Gusts/Crits going off its about 2200 in healing every second or less.... sure you run out of gas fast... but better to burn out then to fade away.

Last edited:
i can healing surge someone at 5% health and bring them to 100% in 1 cast

given how bursty this bracket is...need to be really good to pull those off consistently...

given how bursty this bracket is...need to be really good to pull those off consistently...
i would be the guy to do it, countless wargame experience this xpac on healing classes, resto shaman might not output the most overall healing, but it is the healer best for saving people

countless wargame experience this xpac on healing classes

let's not forget those good looking biceps, they must help too.

It's been said many times... Haste or instant cast healing is what really matters... basically why the MW is so bonkers. If it was not for OOM being so bad in shadowlands the MW would be the best healer by far.

Managing the global cooldown is a huge deal in SL as well... even for MWs having the gap between casting soothing and then being able to cast your first heal can make or break you from being a god or suck ass. When you are stomping a pug this does not matter... when you are in an evenly matched game and your team dies... this is usually the case... your heals did not get there fast enough.

That is the main reason I never liked resto shaman... its just big dumb slow heals... and unleash life is just a bad version of renewing mists (if you stack mastery).

It's been said many times... Haste or instant cast healing is what really matters... basically why the MW is so bonkers. If it was not for OOM being so bad in shadowlands the MW would be the best healer by far.

Managing the global cooldown is a huge deal in SL as well... even for MWs having the gap between casting soothing and then being able to cast your first heal can make or break you from being a god or suck ass. When you are stomping a pug this does not matter... when you are in an evenly matched game and your team dies... this is usually the case... your heals did not get there fast enough.

That is the main reason I never liked resto shaman... its just big dumb slow heals... and unleash life is just a bad version of renewing mists (if you stack mastery).
With this logic every other healers like shaman, priest, druid and paladin have slow heals even they can have heal less than 1,5s

With this logic every other healers like shaman, priest, druid and paladin have slow heals even they can have heal less than 1,5s

That is by far incorrect. Disco has shield and that alone is better than any thing Resto has... Druid is just ok, it's good enough for pugs... paladins heals are much better than restos... and their instants are bonkers.... plus they don't have to stack mastery at the expense of haste/versatility.

When you stack mastery one of your other stats is getting dumped on... usually its haste... which just makes you slow.

The rule for healing is again "are your heals getting there fast enough". It does not matter that you are doing 10000 per heal.. if its not a good instant or is on a 1.4 second timer your target is already dead in HunterLands. If you really were able to watch all Resto footage as an experiment you would see a huge amount of the time, a Verse/Mastery Resto targets a player... does a funky unleash life... but then the target dies before they can start healing... that is why I don't like Resto. If they are already healing sure they can just keep the train going... but its those gaps that make me not like it in SL. BFA did not have that do or die gap.

IMO Resto Sham (and druid) is better in the hybrid roll where you are trying to do as much damage as you are healing.

But, pugs are forgiving especially when you are winning, so people can get away with a lot of dog shit builds(which seems to make people butt hurt in discussions).

We can get into all of the nonsense "you are more than a healer" BS... unfortunately your first goal in shandland's twinking should be "can you out heal hunter damage either with speed or magnitude"... then worry about other shit.

Last edited:
Only MW monk and resto shaman have great bonus from mastery? why dpriest dont stack mastery? Grace dont look bad.

Edit:
How much haste is enough haste for PVP healer in this bracket? I see twink with 40% and more haste but with low other stats, so is better to max one stat or well balanced healer?

Last edited:
Only MW monk and resto shaman have great bonus from mastery? why dpriest dont stack mastery? Grace dont look bad.

Edit:
How much haste is enough haste for PVP healer in this bracket? I see twink with 40% and more haste but with low other stats, so is better to max one stat or well balanced healer?

Resto shaman just gets the most out of main stat and then haste/versatility... it makes everything you do better... again, I don't consider Resto Shaman as good a healer as a MW or a Disco (that is my personal opinion)... so speeding and buffing up your damage along with your heals with Haste/Versatility is much better than trying to jack around with Mastery... that only helps healing, and only under specific conditions... and it does not help healing as much has haste.

Resto is Damage with super off-heals.

I have nothing against any amount of Haste on a Resto... I don't think you can stack enough.

There is no such thing as effective "FistWEaving" in Shadowlands like there was in BFA... it's just not good.. so Mastery just makes your healing into Mega Mode.

Resto shaman just gets the most out of main stat and then haste/versatility... it makes everything you do better... again, I don't consider Resto Shaman as good a healer as a MW or a Disco (that is my personal opinion)... so speeding and buffing up your damage along with your heals with Haste/Versatility is much better than trying to jack around with Mastery... that only helps healing, and only under specific conditions... and it does not help healing as much has haste.

Resto is Damage with super off-heals.

I have nothing against any amount of Haste on a Resto... I don't think you can stack enough.

There is no such thing as effective "FistWEaving" in Shadowlands like there was in BFA... it's just not good.. so Mastery just makes your healing into Mega Mode.
I dont speak only about resto shaman, I mean haste in general, they max their haste to 40% and more but is really nessecery have thath high haste and others stats will be low?

I dont speak only about resto shaman, I mean haste in general, they max their haste to 40% and more but is really nessecery have thath high haste and others stats will be low?

I always say yes... because the lower you get the GCD and better timers on all your abilities the faster you can respond to crisis situations. It's just different than end game because things happen much faster at 20... because the damage is NOT balanced... and life totals are just flying everywhere.

I used to roll 204% mastery on my MW... i put on 75 points of haste instead just so the cooldown between soothing into surging mists is almost zero... best choice I ever made... went down to about 160% mastery doing that.

I'm sure you have yelled at your monitor many times "why did you not heal me"... I'm willing to bet a huge percentage of those times... the heals were just not fast enough.

But again... the opinion of somebody who Pugs versus somebody who premades versus somebody who wargames are always going to be different.

Probably for disco who main spell is PW:S and for hpala who have lot of instant is lowering GCD good choice. I like theorycrafting and want to know how to take max from each healing class in PVP scenario.

I always say yes... because the lower you get the GCD and better timers on all your abilities the faster you can respond to crisis situations. It's just different than end game because things happen much faster at 20... because the damage is NOT balanced... and life totals are just flying everywhere.

I used to roll 204% mastery on my MW... i put on 75 points of haste instead just so the cooldown between soothing into surging mists is almost zero... best choice I ever made... went down to about 160% mastery doing that.

I'm sure you have yelled at your monitor many times "why did you not heal me"... I'm willing to bet a huge percentage of those times... the heals were just not fast enough.

But again... the opinion of somebody who Pugs versus somebody who premades versus somebody who wargames are always going to be different.
Do u have a link to your MW? To compare build and stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread