hardest mount?

probably the cata mount flying around in deepholm

SOLO MOAD

Hardest in my opinion would probably be the archaeology bug mount. Takes forever or a lot of luck to get. Not to mention it's sooo boring. Pretty sure you can get it at 70

Hardest in my opinion would probably be the archaeology bug mount. Takes forever or a lot of luck to get. Not to mention it's sooo boring. Pretty sure you can get it at 70

Nope, finished 'Professor', Not a single Tol'vir dig, checking other 70s armories none of them have credit in tol'vir for 'It's always in the last place you look".

Figured it had some 83+ Level requirement on the digs, on the Beta i had gotten several tol'vir digs, seems people leveling via archeology complained they couldn't access the higher level zones, so they kept it level appropriate.

In short, 70s can not currently obtain said bug mount.

I'd say it's a tie between 4 mounts

1)Ashes of Alar - Low chance of dropping mount from Kael'Thas Sunstrider

2)Time-Lost Proto Drake - Rare spawn in Storm Peaks. (Spawns after killing other rare spawns in Storm Peaks)

3)Aeonaxx - Hard to solo rare spawn in Deepholm.

4)Camel Mount from Mysterious Camel Figurines (Not that rare) its based on RNG. 5% it turns into a port that ports you to Feralas for you to kill mount boss, level 85 (227k hp) and is soloable on a 70. 95% turns into ashes which you vendor for 25g.

I'd say it's a tie between 4 mounts

1)Ashes of Alar - Low chance of dropping mount from Kael'Thas Sunstrider

2)Time-Lost Proto Drake - Rare spawn in Storm Peaks. (Spawns after killing other rare spawns in Storm Peaks)

3)Aeonaxx - Hard to solo rare spawn in Deepholm.

4)Camel Mount from Mysterious Camel Figurines (Not that rare) its based on RNG. 5% it turns into a port that ports you to Feralas for you to kill mount boss, level 85 (227k hp) and is soloable on a 70. 95% turns into ashes which you vendor for 25g.

2) Shares a spawn with Vyragosa and has a lesser chance to spawn then her.

3) Nope, Almost 800k HP, level 85, plus the fact he summons an increasing amount of whelps as time goes on, you'll need an 80/85 to kill this for you.

4) Dormus, I honestly cannot think of anything aside from a hunter with a lot of hit, being able to run in circles around him keeping conc up, that'd be able to kill him at 70, it's still possible to have an 85 kill it, with you ingroup, and in the other phase. Then the 85 trades it to you.

'Side from that, Yep, four of the 'rarer' mounts, TLPD Probably being the most common, Due to the fact you can just sit at that fork on the frozen lake while waiting for bg pops.

2) Shares a spawn with Vyragosa and has a lesser chance to spawn then her.

3) Nope, Almost 800k HP, level 85, plus the fact he summons an increasing amount of whelps as time goes on, you'll need an 80/85 to kill this for you.

4) Dormus, I honestly cannot think of anything aside from a hunter with a lot of hit, being able to run in circles around him keeping conc up, that'd be able to kill him at 70, it's still possible to have an 85 kill it, with you ingroup, and in the other phase. Then the 85 trades it to you.

'Side from that, Yep, four of the 'rarer' mounts, TLPD Probably being the most common, Due to the fact you can just sit at that fork on the frozen lake while waiting for bg pops.

3)Had no clue, just heard it from people
<

4)I soloed Dormus on my 70 rogue, keep recup up, cloaked/evasion when needed, synapsed gave me some extra dodge. He popped my cheat death once, I bandaged when he was casting spit. But a hunter/paladin/priest/rogue/mage/sham/lock can prob do it

3)Had no clue, just heard it from people
<

4)I soloed Dormus on my 70 rogue, keep recup up, cloaked/evasion when needed, synapsed gave me some extra dodge. He popped my cheat death once, I bandaged when he was casting spit. But a hunter/paladin/priest/rogue/mage/sham/lock can prob do it

Ah, my bad. Figured most classes, like a rogue, wouldn't be able to duke out that amount of damage before he.. womps' you.

Hm, wonder if there's a 'level 70 Solo/soloable content comparison' Thread, or something.

Anzu - Completely RNG and requires completing Heroic Sethekk Halls. Basically one chance per day if you remember to do it and have help. I've been farming it since my druid was level 70 in BC. No luck.

Ashes of Alar - Another RNG drop, except this one requires a raid group and completing TK. Only one lockout per week and it is highly sought after by just about everyone. Like Anzu, you can farm weekly for years and not see it.

Baron Rivendare - Easy to solo Stratholme, but the RNG is just as ridiculous as Anzu or Ashes. Again, another mount that you can farm for years and never see.

Any mount that comes from rep, a rare spawn, or from an achievement is considerably easier.

Ashes of Alar - Another RNG drop, except this one requires a raid group and completing TK. Only one lockout per week and it is highly sought after by just about everyone. Like Anzu, you can farm weekly for years and not see it.

Actually, Kael'thas can be 2-manned, or soloed. Have a second account setup just to run your 70(s) through mount raids/instances daily/weekly, And very true, this unlucky bastard has 139 Kael'thas kills, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Ataxus/feed, still um, Ash-less.

If you mean 70-79 bracket then prolly aeonaxx or w/e in deepholm, just because you prolly cant solo and need someones help.

Overall though, imo the hardest mounts to obtain now are Invincible and Mim's Head, because they are 1% drops in places that you cant just 3 man like TK, and ofc the once a week lockout.

If you mean 70-79 bracket then prolly aeonaxx or w/e in deepholm, just because you prolly cant solo and need someones help.

Overall though, imo the hardest mounts to obtain now are Invincible and Mim's Head, because they are 1% drops in places that you cant just 3 man like TK, and ofc the once a week lockout.

I really miss the good old days at the end of Icecrown Citadel where most guilds used to clean ulduar within a few hours and giving out a head each week / same going with the Invincible.

I'm one of the 4 from the guild i was in who never made it to gain one, wile we had 21 in the guild who either won Invi or Mimi's head.

I have most rares now, missing baron, camel and ashes (working on it).

I did find the real camel figurine (50409) at server shutdown though. Yay success
<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y9djAqVLlo

And knowing this forum like I do: don't bother looking up my paladin on the armory, my gear is terribad (I only use him to farm mounts & stuff for my 70)

You can hate on me not having any keybinds all you want, I cleared them by accident just before I started frapsing.

Yes I know I can use Shift+V to find the figurine instead of wasting 1 minute looking for it (now).

Yes I use blizzard UI.

Okay I think I said everything there is to pick on in this video now..

If you find something else to mock then you're a bitch!

For those that don't know much about camel figurines, the 50409 ID is the REAL camel figurine. The 50410 ID is the fake one which turn into dust when you click it.

Users who are viewing this thread