Guild Wars 2 F2P Character List

Salfir persuaded me to try this out. If there is no information about WoW getting better soon, I might buy it. What I don't get tho, what is the point of levels if everything gets balanced @ PVP. Do you get armor/weapons which add something more?

Well for one there is PvE progression; obviously there's advantages to being a higher level in PvE.

As for PvP, there is a mode called WvWvW (3 server massive battles) that is somewhat reminiscent of vanilla AV but on a MUCH MUCH MUCH larger scale. There, you are still auto-80 but you can only use skills you have unlocked in PvE.

Honestly, you could never touch PvE and just do their spvp (structured pvp; 8v8 games where everyone is equal) and it would still be worth the money.

Salfir persuaded me to try this out. If there is no information about WoW getting better soon, I might buy it. What I don't get tho, what is the point of levels if everything gets balanced @ PVP. Do you get armor/weapons which add something more?

To play the game to it's fullest. They really want to stress exploring the world and being able to do whatever you want without having any kind of grind. You want to pvp? Sure jump right in! You want to do professions? Sure you'll get tons of XP! You want to just explore and do whatever tickles your fancy? That's what I've done 1-30 and It was wonderful. You want to play with friends? Sure hop down into their zone well let you keep all your powers but bump you down to their level!

Here's the key and hopefully this will help others. There are 2 types of pvp, Structered and WvWvW. In structured you are bumped to max level with equal gear as everyone and access to all your abilites/traits/whatever gear you want. In WvWvW, you are still bumped to max level however your stats are based off of the current gear you have, and you can only use the abilities you've unlocked.

Like I said they really wanted to eliminate a grind, so you aren't feeling pressured to grind out a bunch of PVP gear or raid gear you can just jump right in. However those things are in the game if you do enjoy that kind of stuff. For doing structered PVP you can in turn use your rewards to buy better PVP gear for the WvWvW stuff.

That's also why the did away with the holy trinity so people didn't feel pressured to pick a certain class to get into a group.

The main thing they want you to do is PLAY THE FUCKING GAME. How you want where you want and when you want, either way you will be rewarded for what you have done. It's beautiful :"D

If your serious about considering the game ask me specific questions, I've been playing since the first public beta and I know quite a bit so far, ask me the questions and I'll explain how it works :D

There are factions etc? Just like H/A ? Guilds? How do people group?

But most importantly: Will I be able to kill you guys? Since that's 1 thing this sad panda couldn't do in WoW. :(

There are factions etc? Just like H/A ? Guilds? How do people group?

But most importantly: Will I be able to kill you guys? Since that's 1 thing this sad panda couldn't do in WoW. :(

- There's just one faction, with five different races. The WvWvW option pits you against other servers which sort of become the 'faction enemy'.
- There are Guilds in Guild Wars 2... :p (couldn't resist). but for real, we have a growing f2p and friends guild on darkhaven
- Getting in an actual group is very similar to WoW. However, you aren't vying for monster tags for exp, getting first to a mining node, tagging a world boss for loot, so on and so forth because everyone is 'grouped' in the WoW sense. It's hard to explain without experiencing, but let me tell you it is a HELL of a lot better than WoW's current system.

- If you mean "are healers ridiculously OP?", then the answer is no, as every class has 1+ healing abilities. Reasonable 1v1 fights last, at minimum, about 45 seconds, so it's very different than being globaled in WoW. That being said, you can use CC/control to your advantage to make fights longer or shorter. High. Skill. Cap.
- If you mean "CN I PLZ CAMP PURSE!?", then the answer is still no... but you can enter spvp and choose opposite teams to fight one another.

Hurry up and buy the game already Mia, you're missing out :p

@ Acai, when you update the OP could you change my race/prof to Norn Mesmer and Sylvari Ele? <3

And can a mod please move this back to the f2p section?

Thank you very much. :)

Well after a day or so of trying to figure this game out... (I never really understood GW1 and now GW2 has changed so its even more confusing)

All I can say is the PVE part of the game is very much a communal thing - the way the game has been designed encourages playing with others, whether they are random people or your friends. This is an awesome design.

I really bought this game to PVP, like how I only really play WoW for PVP..... i'm a little disappointed how your character in PVE/PVP is actually separate (which is how GW1 was).... like i wanna wear my sexy PVE mog in PVP or vice versa but i am not sure if they even allow that

really sad there's no world PVP like WOW :p i wanna camp mailu ^_^ but really keen to participate in WvW eventually

HEHEHE

Will I be able to kill you guys? Since that's 1 thing this sad panda couldn't do in WoW. :(

Unfortunately you wont be able to kill me in whatever game you play. BUUUUURRRNNNNNN.

But srsly what salfir said is right, mia just bit the bullet and get the game, it's not like there's a monthly fee you have to pour money into! :D

At the moment i'm having trouble getting into GW2 since its so different from WoW

having played WoW for 5 years - it's been the same formula, grind grind grind get to 85 then gear/vanity/whatever

i am suddenly just so confused in GW2 because its nothing like that.... my brain wants to do everything the WoW way (e.g. smash out lv80 and then get pimp ass gears/whatever) .... but i am actually feeling completely lost cuz it seems like GW2 was designed to discourage this kind of thing....

Hey guys, was away last week but im back again now, and gonna purchase the game asap. One thing, has anyone successfully run the game using wine on a mac yet?

Hey guys, was away last week but im back again now, and gonna purchase the game asap. One thing, has anyone successfully run the game using wine on a mac yet?

I really wasn't able to after a couple of different tries and needed to install it on a windows partition. However, there may have been some progress since I attempted; you should do some searches and see if anything new has come up!

Hope to see you on soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread