Guild Wars 2 F2P Character List

omgz mindy where u at tell us ur name so i can add you alweady

Mindy will be joining us mid-way through next week. She is a baddie and does not have the means to purchase games online.

Lrn 2 paypal. =P

If you explain me the game how it works, what it looks like, how it is, if its possible to play on US as EU player, I might consider it!

I watched all of these videos and was pretty much sold. My favorites (and ones that I think are most accurately depict the actual game) are

- the MMO manifesto (all the way at the bottom)
with which they are actually true to their word. I haven't done a lick of grinding and I'm already almost level 20 on my main. Playing the game feels natural; you never are forced to do anything you don't want to do.

- the Combat overview (the middle on the second row)
The combat is genuinely very exciting and offers SUCH a high skillcap. It's almost like an MMO, ARPG, and FPS had a love-child: you have the spell choices/diversity of an MMO, the hulk-smash-explosions-booms of an APRG, and the high intensity gameplay of a FPS.

I'm positive all of the other people playing in our 'f2p guild' would give high recommendations of the game as well. Oh and the game is puuuuurty :p

As for the EU on US servers thing, I'm not the person to ask; I honestly don't know. I sure hope so, though!

Thinking about it. :)

Its exactly like twinking. Except the bracket is balanced, you don't need to gear your character, the PvE is good, and the importance of skill is extremely high.

For just one skill item:
Line of sight actually works. To use a WoW example. In WoW, If you're getting hit by arcane missles and you use los, you're still getting hit. In GW2, if you're getting hit by "arcane missles" and you use los, every projectile that hits the wall is "obstructed" and does no damage. This is important because you may not want to use your dodge resource on a channeled ability, you may want to dodge a more powerful attack later. The game is so good, so good, so good, so good, so good. It's good.

There are even jump puzzles!!! Completely up to the player if they want to do those, but it's a 'repeatable' option. The content never expires, because you get down leveled to keep the content interesting. This isn't a big deal for a lot of people, but its a huge benefit imo. The content that you love is always there, just the way you experienced it the first time :)
[GW2] Cuatl Jumps - YouTube

You can change your keybinds, right? Every video all I see is action bars 1234567890

Yes, all keybinds can be changed. I had not switched my 6-0 & F1-F4 keys out by the time I did the video.

The nice thing about this is: the changes propagate down into the "tooltips". For example, in D3 you can change binds around but some still show the old bind on various screens--such as tab for minimap. In gw2, 'f' is the normal interact button. Because I use esdf movment, 'g' is my interact button which is shown on all screens and popups that references 'interact'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless Açai requested the move, I'd like to petition for a move back, as this was intended for a bracket of people regularly playing together to stay in touch.

Unless Açai requested the move, I'd like to petition for a move back, as this was intended for a bracket of people regularly playing together to stay in touch.

This. F2P is a community and this thread was solely directed at that community. If F2P Irl photos can stay in the forum so can this thread.

Move this back...

Anyway, get the game, you won't regret it. It's a one time charge that is worth every penny. The combat is fun and balanced in pvp, the classes and changing of play styles keep the game interesting, the PVP is NOT leveling, you literally just have to play the game you will level doing almost anything. The pvp is all max level with the exact same gear for everyone. I currently have a level 3 toon that I ONLY use for pvp but have no intention of ever leveling him. Where as my PVE toon that I explore and level on is already level 28 and I didn't feel like grinding at all, I simply explored and enjoyed the game doing whatever I wanted. I could go to different zones and fight in any event that is going on and get rewarded without having to get a ridiculous quest or chain of quests.

I'm going on quite a bit, but this is truly a fun and balanced game and I'm really loving it lol. The PVP is amazing, BUY THE GAME.

WoW name: Miindyy
Display name: Mindy.6789
GW2 name: Mindyy
Race/Profession: Human elementalist

Salfir persuaded me to try this out. If there is no information about WoW getting better soon, I might buy it. What I don't get tho, what is the point of levels if everything gets balanced @ PVP. Do you get armor/weapons which add something more?

Users who are viewing this thread