Guardian Vs Prot pally

Discussion in '20s (Shadowlands)' started by Radoon, Jun 2, 2021.

Share This Page

Tags:

Funnier spec @20?

  1. Prot pally

    14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Guardian druid

    4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Feral druid?

    4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Radoon

    Radoon Member

    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Hello,

    Newcomer here, and 1st post. I'm planing on creating a twink on my abandoned vet account, and I cant choose in-between Guardian Druid (maybe even feral) or protection paladin. Any tips on which of those 2 is funnier at 20? Don't need it to be OP, just fun to solo queue with.
    Also, if I go into Zandalari race, which Loa would be better? Flat % speed, bleed dot, leech dot?

    Thanks for the answers!
     
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Gokku

    Gokku juggin n finessin

    Messages:
    1,954
    Likes Received:
    374
    Trophy Points:
    93
    guardian is meh go prot with speed loa and some speed gear run around and throw your shield at ppl
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Clant

    Clant Member

    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    11
    Trophy Points:
    8
    why not both? you're still subbed.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    Radoon

    Radoon Member

    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    3
    "Abandoned vet Account" why do u think I'm still Subbed?
     
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Greenmtnboy

    Greenmtnboy Member

    Messages:
    188
    Likes Received:
    39
    Trophy Points:
    28
    They both tank and pvp just fine.
    Shouldn’t be too worried at a few dps especially with level tens around. You won’t be top either way.
    Do what you like best. Have fun
     
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Goesid

    Goesid Twink Info Legend Fancy Pants

    Messages:
    8,838
    Likes Received:
    1,264
    Trophy Points:
    173
    Id say prot is better for solo and guardian in groups, if your group is healers.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Chey

    Chey Grandfathered

    Messages:
    376
    Likes Received:
    227
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Both viable and probably equally frustrating against the meta's, depends what you enjoy playing more.

    Prot is more tanky with better self healing
    Bear is more mobile with beter multi tasking

    *not wanting to hijack ya thread for self promotion but I did just post a new video of feral gameplay, if you check my channel there is Guardian montage I did couple weeks ago. Good luck and have fun in the bracket.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lateraldrop

    Lateraldrop Veteran

    Messages:
    359
    Likes Received:
    160
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Come join me brother. Prot pala is best. Secret prof pa la tech: walk around legion Goldsboro and never get bothered by duels bc prot pala is one of the most annoying classes to duel against.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    Radoon

    Radoon Member

    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Do u have a link to ur armory?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 2, 2021, Original Post Date: Jun 2, 2021 ---
    So both will get OS by those hunters no matter what I do? Then I'll have to go feral /rogue and avoid fighting them xD
     
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Fxv

    Fxv Veteran

    Messages:
    264
    Likes Received:
    181
    Trophy Points:
    43
    I personally say gear a Druid since how flexible they are, and when In solo q I personally find the stealth part much better since you can move freely. That’s just my personal opinion though
     
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Lateraldrop

    Lateraldrop Veteran

    Messages:
    359
    Likes Received:
    160
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Nah I don't get OS by anything.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/guldan/docadin
     
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Donovan

    Donovan Veteran

    Messages:
    49
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    8
    I haven't played much Guardian Druid but I don't think you can compare the two. I love playing Protection Paladin as it is a class that can tank like 3-4 levelers or 2 twinks no problem. The issue with it is that without Divine Steed you have no gap closers or mobility, whereas as a Druid you would be running around, stealthing as cat and so on. Paladin is an insane dueler, but plays as a sitting duck in most scenarios, while druid is very mobile, thus giving you a lot more options for outplays etc. Test both, level 20 takes a few hours :)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  13. glancealot

    glancealot Member

    Messages:
    2,661
    Likes Received:
    276
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Prot can instant heal once every 4 global CD, hpal has an instant heal every 2.5 global cd and dont take exta dmg in PvP. Hpal is the tankier spec.
     
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Lateraldrop

    Lateraldrop Veteran

    Messages:
    359
    Likes Received:
    160
    Trophy Points:
    43
    You play prot?
     
    • Like Like x 1
  15. glancealot

    glancealot Member

    Messages:
    2,661
    Likes Received:
    276
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Nope it is just so bad on paper /shrug

    I also have not ran into a single prot that has impressed me.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Surprised Surprised x 1
  16. Lateraldrop

    Lateraldrop Veteran

    Messages:
    359
    Likes Received:
    160
    Trophy Points:
    43
    idk, seems like you are speaking out ur ass. Also, pretty sure "holy" is not the answer to what should I play between prot and guardian since, you know, it isn't even part of the question.
     
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. toskosa

    toskosa Veteran

    Messages:
    597
    Likes Received:
    445
    Trophy Points:
    63
    From a pureply pvp perspective I would choose feral, feral is just really fun to play in bgs/arena. But from an overall look I choose prot paladin. I like to just pump out dungeons to relax after work on my paladin. I like having 50% block + 15% parry and 5% dodge and just watching my paladin avoid full hits all day against mobs.

    Prot in bgs can be super annoying with the pvp talent that adds a silence to your avengers shield + crusader enchant makes judgement hit hard. Pretty sure someone posted a guardian druid pvp on this site a while back if you wanna dig it up and take a look.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  18. glancealot

    glancealot Member

    Messages:
    2,661
    Likes Received:
    276
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Prot is so bad on paper, i do not think i need to try it out to know it is hot garbage.
     
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. toskosa

    toskosa Veteran

    Messages:
    597
    Likes Received:
    445
    Trophy Points:
    63

    You are no fun glance, the best part of the game is to play "bad" specs and builds and try to make them work. For someone who runs around trying niche items I didnt expect this level of closemindedness from you m8.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Lateraldrop

    Lateraldrop Veteran

    Messages:
    359
    Likes Received:
    160
    Trophy Points:
    43
    your "on paper" is just a napkin that you jotted half a sentence on.

    You can pretend that 200 more stamina is meaningless I guess. You can pretend that a full 20% avoidance in parry and dodge means nothing for survival, you can pretend that a 35% chance to absorb 45% of all spells and attacks means nothing as well. 250 more armor doesn't help with tankiness at all probably.

    Prot pala is not a top tier spec, but that does not mean it is not a fun and effective spec. It is far from garbage, and it is absolutely tankier than holy.
     
    • Funny Funny x 1

Share This Page