EU+US Gold Farming: Which spots are you using?

yeah, US-Velen/Eonar (linked together) stormscales vary between 9g to 12g each. It's a pretty dead server though. Not many good BoEs :/

I dont want to disclose my location. Although, I found it by using Google and got a crabby response.
I know the spot ur talking about wink wink

Its the dungeon where yheres a bunch of crabs running around in groups, i dont pve so i dont know the dungeons name and aint gunna look it up cuz im lazy.

Its in azhara or azuna in whatever the fuck broken isles

Its the dungeon where yheres a bunch of crabs running around in groups, i dont pve so i dont know the dungeons name and aint gunna look it up cuz im lazy.
You mean Eye of Azshara and this is not the spot. (The clackers one is). In EoA each run takes around 5min as Havoc, maybe 6 for other classes. You can only kill 50 crabs each id aka 1500 stormscales each lockout. There are a couple of other spots which net a bit more or way more.

There is only one good thing about it. It is a dungeon, you will never have competition.

You mean Eye of Azshara and this is not the spot. (The clackers one is). In EoA each run takes around 5min as Havoc, maybe 6 for other classes. You can only kill 50 crabs each id aka 1500 stormscales each lockout. There are a couple of other spots which net a bit more or way more.

There is only one good thing about it. It is a dungeon, you will never have competition.

why did you level up to 102? o_O

Use the class trial, start a warlock. (Class trials can be played for 8h ingame time and you can create 4/h or 8 toons a week.)
Use your Hearthstone and start the pandaria quest. When you are in pandaria mount up and fly to townlong steppes and start the quest for isle of thunder. Do the 1st scenario. This will take around 20min overall.

Now you can start farming http://www.wowhead.com/item=92426/sealed-tome-of-the-lost-legion.
Map of the 10 rares which can drop the tome:
3128sjc.jpg

*döp döp döp*

bBPhpPy.png

How many tomes are you finding? The drop is fairly rare. I remember farming it on my warlock back when it first came out. Took a while.

They Are listed for around 25k to 28k each on my realm.

How many tomes are you finding? The drop is fairly rare. I remember farming it on my warlock back when it first came out. Took a while.
The droprate on wowhead is listed with 2%. Don't know if it's true or not. On my normal warlock it took me ~10 rares to get the first one which i've learned. And 5-7 rares later I got the second one. On the trial one shown on the screenshot is was the second rare kill. On my other trial one I've killed 5 rares so far, no drop. So I don't know.

They Are listed for around 25k to 28k each on my realm.
31k on stormscale and 50k on draenor atm. So it is worth it. What I'm planning to do (playing on 2 realms atm). Only farming the 3 rares in the south, after one route logging out and an hour later or so logging back in and going the same route backwards. After I've got a tome, use the toy to port to your base on the isle and send it to a different toon. (They are unique so you can only have 1 on yourself at a time.) And then I wait til I've sold it and then start farming again. This way you keep your playtime really low on the trial toon.

Previously you didn't have to be a warlock to fame this item. I imagine this hasn't changed.

Also even if it is unique, can you just mail each one to a bank toon and as as long as you don't take them from the mail box circumvent the unique issue.

Means you would need to post one at a time on the AH going back and forth from the mail box.
Would that work?

Previously you didn't have to be a warlock to fame this item. I imagine this hasn't changed.
That was never the case. From the start is has been warlock only.

Also even if it is unique, can you just mail each one to a bank toon and as as long as you don't take them from the mail box circumvent the unique issue.

Means you would need to post one at a time on the AH going back and forth from the mail box.
Would that work?
That would work. I just don't like to lock my mailbox like that. :)

Today I've started farming ghost iron on my mage. It works really good.

Things that I've used to make it more efficent:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=86566/foragers-gloves
If you don't have the gloves anymore you can use http://www.wowhead.com/item=124671/darkmoon-firewater they don't stack.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=87213/mist-piercing-goggles

http://www.wowhead.com/item=72092/ghost-iron-ore = 6g
http://www.wowhead.com/item=72096/ghost-iron-bar = 26g aka 13g / ore

You will get some trillium here and there which is even more expensive.

I know that says they are worth 250k average but do they actually sell for that and why are they worth so much?

I know that says they are worth 250k average but do they actually sell for that and why are they worth so much?
I am the only seller atm on stormscale so I put them up for 1mio gold. I know that they will sell for 300-400k kinda fast. Maybe someone is willing to pay that too. Why they are worth so much?
a) very low droprate
b) they are golden
c) they are part of the most wanted slutmog

Scarcity value for obsessive-compulsive completionists. Which explains the high price of anything which has no intrinsic value.

Selling big-ticket items has high variance around the average. So you might sell it in a day for 500K or you might sell it in a month for 100K, or indeed you may not sell it at all.

Selling big-ticket items has high variance around the average. So you might sell it in a day for 500K or you might sell it in a month for 100K, or indeed you may not sell it at all.
True. Sold the ones before for 220k because I was impatient.

Started farming them 3 days ago. Won't stop before they drop again. :p
Killed 4682 Silicate Feeder so far (5785 on this toon overall). So 115 runs since my last drop. We'll see how long it will take this time. The good thing about this farm, there will always drop something worth 1k-10, maybe 30k. So it is worth it no matter what. Just takes some time to sell that transmog.

I can't stand gathering anymore, after killing more than 20000 falcosaurs, crabs, wolfs ... and the prices for leather / scales dropped to ~4G.

So I've switched my professions to useful ones and looking for some good spots.
I know the vanilla transmog ones. Doing them here and there.

The best spot I've found so far is Heart of Fear LFR. Gives me around 14k Gold each hour (30 "IDs", no 10 lockout system because it is LFR). I get around 2k raw gold, 2k vendor / lockboxes gold (selling greens and opening the boxes as an engineer). And the reason for doing it, I get ~45 Spirit of Harmony (selling them for 220G atm).

So ... where are you farming? (Don't mention auction house flipping, sniping ... I don't like doing that. ^^)
Mythic NH BOE Farm, 175-250k Per

Just stick to farming Leather... it's better than anything you listed. (At the right spots)

Users who are viewing this thread