God

I asked you a question did I not?
I even helped you with the answer.
Oh my bad, I guess your post was too poorly put together for me to understand the meaning of it.

No I do not believe extraterrestrials have recently visited earth.

How is it relevant though?

Do you "believe" that intelligent life from another planet has recently visited Earth? Some people believe that we have, yet they have never seen nor met an extraterrestrial. I guess some would call it a "leap of faith" if someone was to "believe" and if they not seen nor met one.
I'll answer this question as well. Unfortunately, with your question it is important to determine "recent" and "intelligent". If the entire history of the universe was in a calendar of a month, mankind would exist only for the last second of the last day. Intelligence is also important. Would you consider a dog intelligent or are you talking human-like. Blatantly, it would not be possible for extraterrestrial life to have visited earth. However, there is a theory that an asteroid brought down the essentials needed for life to form, and I suppose you could call that "extraterrestrial life".

There is also a huge difference between asking if extraterrestrial life has visited Earth, and wether extraterrestrial life exists. I would not consider that "some would call it a "leap of faith" if someone was to "believe" and if they not seen nor met one." as we haven't seen many things and we have the evidence and science to back it up. We don't have the evidence to back up extraterrestrial life visiting Earth, but we do have it for many other things we have not "seen or met".

Last edited:
You're probably right, althoughI think it's an interesting topic, and it can be a great discussion, if people aren't too fixated on finding the one truth.

Btw. Isn't it wierd that people who say that they think god exists, say they 'believe' in god? Like you don't believe in a chair, a chair is just a chair and its real and it exists. By using the word 'believe', you kinda insinuate that you have to have faith to believe, which wouldn't be needed if it was certain that God exists.
Idk just shower thoughts

If you're talking about Christianity for example, faith is the at the center of it. Faith, and the belief that comes from it coincide. If someone says that they "believe" in God, they are saying he's real. People who have faith tend to use the word "believe" because many others around them don't think God is real. So when a Christian says "I believe in God," they have no doubts about whether God exists, they know he does.

Your example of believing in a chair, it's not the same as religion. The whole concept of Christianity is living through Christ so that you may be raised from the dead during Christ's second return. A chair is a chair, you don't say "I believe in the chair" because it doesn't offer you what religion does, a life with Christ after death. I hope you understand what i mean, not very good at explaining myself.

If you're talking about Christianity for example, faith is the at the center of it. Faith, and the belief that comes from it coincide. If someone says that they "believe" in God, they are saying he's real. People who have faith tend to use the word "believe" because many others around them don't think God is real. So when a Christian says "I believe in God," they have no doubts about whether God exists, they know he does.

Your example of believing in a chair, it's not the same as religion. The whole concept of Christianity is living through Christ so that you may be raised from the dead during Christ's second return. A chair is a chair, you don't say "I believe in the chair" because it doesn't offer you what religion does, a life with Christ after death. I hope you understand what i mean, not very good at explaining myself.
I get what you mean and I sort if agree. It might be the same reason that really religious groups, at least in my country, doesn't use the term 'we believe in God', since they live by th assumption that they are 100% right, and that everyone believes in God pr definition. And if they don't believe, they are just people who need to be guided.
So poorly that this is a difficult question to understand?
"Do you "believe" that intelligent life from another planet has recently visited Earth?" kek...

Relevant to "faith" in the unknown my friend... It does not take too much of a stretch of an imagination to see it. I even explained it yesterday in my previous post.
I didn't understand your post cause I found your logic flawed.
Original pretty much explained it all. You compared my thought of people who believe in a supernatural being to people who believe in extraterrestrials having visited us. You can't compare the two

The egg came before the chicken because the first chicken evolved from something that wasn't a chicken.

The egg came before the chicken because the first chicken evolved from something that wasn't a chicken.

Actually...
There is scientific proof now that the chicken did in fact come before the egg. A supercomputer in Great Britain proved that in order for the formation of the egg shell to take place there first must have been a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries.

Actually...
There is scientific proof now that the chicken did in fact come before the egg. A supercomputer in Great Britain proved that in order for the formation of the egg shell to take place there first must have been a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries.
Well perhaps this protein was in the previous stage of chicken evolution as well, one that no longer exists.

Logically speaking that supercomputer is basically saying a chicken appeared out of no where.

Well perhaps this protein was in the previous stage of chicken evolution as well, one that no longer exists.

Logically speaking that supercomputer is basically saying a chicken appeared out of no where.
No, @Allybeboba is correct. The chicken evolved and one of the mutations was to have this protein, meaning our definition of an "egg" came after the chicken.

Users who are viewing this thread