God

What Original said is basically what you said, explained on a totally different way. I have read what you said, and i can go ahead and tell you the same thing. Your logic is flawed here, because for that atom, or that singularity out of our space (Like Original mentioned), there should be a point of its creation. You see, even Stephen Hawking's logic was when it came to multiverse. In fact, i as an individual am all about the physics, it is my favorite subject. But to think that we came out of nothing, is just absurd.
There are two different explanations. One is the theory of the big bang, which we have infinite proof of and we know happened. The other is a hypothesis of string theory. We are not sure if string theory exists as we have no way to prove it.
Basically: We know that the big bang happened, we just aren't sure what happened before. I'm not going to explain string theory and other stuff because of how complicated it is, but watch this video.
Also there is a misconception which comes to what happened prior to the big bang. ie atoms and dark matter. But way too complicated for me to explain well. Just know the big bang came from atoms, it's expanding, the singularity can't be a point since it created space itself, and finally we know that the big bang happened.

Last edited:
What Original said is basically what you said, explained on a totally different way. I have read what you said, and i can go ahead and tell you the same thing. Your logic is flawed here, because for that atom, or that singularity out of our space (Like Original mentioned), there should be a point of its creation. You see, even Stephen Hawking's logic was when it came to multiverse. In fact, i as an individual am all about the physics, it is my favorite subject. But to think that we came out of nothing, is just absurd.
I thought you were talking about the actual "Bang", like what made the Big Bang occur. Obviously I can't explain what happened or what existed before.

I thought you were talking about the actual "Bang", like what made the Big Bang occur. Obviously I can't explain what happened or what existed before.
Well exactly, neither atheists nor the believers CANNOT have a pure statement. No one is right, argue all the hell you want. You all are wrong, and all will speculate. Stephen hawking argues about multiverse but even that must have a point of beginning caused by something... unknown to us. All we are doing here is speculation, but there are some unknown mysteries around the globe, such as the holy books explaining one thing or another, in different terms before the science could discover it, and explain it somewhat in a similar way.

I for one do believe in a creator, to tell that it exists or not, that i am not able to do, because there is no compelling evidence to do so.

Well exactly, neither atheists nor the believers CANNOT have a pure statement. No one is right, argue all the hell you want. You all are wrong, and all will speculate. Stephen hawking argues about multiverse but even that must have a point of beginning caused by something... unknown to us. All we are doing here is speculation, but there are some unknown mysteries around the globe, such as the holy books explaining one thing or another, in different terms before the science could discover it, and explain it somewhat in a similar way.

I for one do believe in a creator, to tell that it exists or not, that i am not able to do, because there is no compelling evidence to do so.
I agree. However, I don't find it logical to explain the creation of our universe with a "creator" or a "god". Our current knowledge and technology can't explain what existed before the Big Bang, but unlike many of our ancestors, I chose to believe there is a logical explanation, that we just havn't found yet, and not that because we can't explain it, it must be something divine or supernatural.

I agree. However, I don't find it logical to explain the creation of our universe with a "creator" or a "god". Our current knowledge and technology can't explain what existed before the Big Bang, but unlike many of our ancestors, I chose to believe there is a logical explanation, that we just havn't found yet, and not that because we can't explain it, it must be something divine or supernatural.

Well, yeah, honestly, i am a very logical person when it comes to decision making in life. Focusing hard on Mathematics and Physics now on college. But, my way of thinking lends towards a creator. I think about it like this, if we found the technology to build up a computer, and a game such as World of Warcraft, we can shape its mechanics in any way. As in, we build something, that is why it exists, rather than there being nothing. From this statement i can say that for a thing to exist it should be created.

It probably may be flawed, i'd like to learn more about it's flaws so i can reflect and think more about it. But as i mentioned, there can or cannot be a creator, that thing no one knows for sure. But i think if science somehow delves into Human's mind deeper, so look for emotions, our spiritual side, we will definitely have a better understanding of what is going on, that's just my opinion, it may actually give no evidence at all haha! But its fun to speculate... at a certain extent.

Well, yeah, honestly, i am a very logical person when it comes to decision making in life. Focusing hard on Mathematics and Physics now on college. But, my way of thinking lends towards a creator. I think about it like this, if we found the technology to build up a computer, and a game such as World of Warcraft, we can shape its mechanics in any way. As in, we build something, that is why it exists, rather than there being nothing. From this statement i can say that for a thing to exist it should be created.

It probably may be flawed, i'd like to learn more about it's flaws so i can reflect and think more about it. But as i mentioned, there can or cannot be a creator, that thing no one knows for sure. But i think if science somehow delves into Human's mind deeper, so look for emotions, our spiritual side, we will definitely have a better understanding of what is going on, that's just my opinion, it may actually give no evidence at all haha! But its fun to speculate... at a certain extent.

It's the perfect dilemma really, which is the same as the chicken or the egg question (which one came first?). Without the egg there would be no chicken, and without the chicken, there could be no egg.

Therefore, if there was such a thing as a creator, then who created the creator? And how big of a leap backwards must we take? And this all just comes back to that one little word, "faith". And that is all it is. Either you have this or that point of view, no matter the theist/atheist ideologies (if you can call it that).

In my perfect world, creation-theories, such as whether it being in a religious point of view, or a scientific point of view, should just be a matter of perspective, until one is proven. Whatever you choose to believe, man, it's your (directed at everyone) life. This is of course aimed towards that missing piece of information that goes waaaaaay back (and that is things that has yet to be discovered, and probably never will be, if I'm honest). However, people should not disregard science, and what has been unraveled by it today, and what it will in the future. Like-wise, I think that it is important, when you have a religious view, that you aren't controlled by it's dogmas. You should look at religion as a great many ways of perceiving life. Don't take it literal. Again, my personal view on religion (I'm not religious, but I think that it is important to look at both aspects in a debate), is that it is a way to communicate ethics and social moral. Today, we are perfectly clear about these things (unless you are leaning towards a psycho/sociopathic way of thinking).
So in that sense, to me, religion has now gotten the message across. We know it's wrong to steal, we know that we shouldn't really kill each other etc. Now, the only thing that is left for religion to do, is to leave an open interpretation of how it all began. And science is trying to do the same (and a lot of other things).
Dwelling in every aspect of religion, and using it as a strict, literal form of living is not healthy for you, or the society. I won't get into specifics, because the topic itself is very edgy, and can rub a lot of people the wrong way.

TL;DR: Believe what you wanna believe, as long as it doesn't mean any harm.

Again I don't want to go too in depth, but we do know about dark matter. Dark matter is the force that holds galaxies together and stops them from spinning away and destroying themselves. We know that it contains 85% of the universe and it cannot be seen by visible light. Unfortunately, we know that it is there, but we don't have any answers at the moment. If we are able to determine the laws of dark matter it will allow us to know much more about the universe and tell us more about the beginning.

Again I don't want to go too in depth, but we do know about dark matter. Dark matter is the force that holds galaxies together and stops them from spinning away and destroying themselves. We know that it contains 85% of the universe and it cannot be seen by visible light. Unfortunately, we know that it is there, but we don't have any answers at the moment. If we are able to determine the laws of dark matter it will allow us to know much more about the universe and tell us more about the beginning.

That kinda sounds like the Force to me.

I kinda agree with Best, although the "who created the creator" question is not really valid, as the potential "creator" would be a divine/supernatural being, and would probably be a by logic indescribable figure; he/she/it wasn't created but have always been present.

I live by the princip that everything has a logical explanation, and the things that can't be explained, will eventually when our knowledge expands, and our technology evolves.

I do, however, understand why people are be religious. Obviously, it used to be a sort of shelter from the unknown; you reached out for your religion when situations happened or questions were asked, that you couldn't explain.
I guess it sort of works the same way today; people tend to either become religious after shocking events, that seem ilogical or unfair, happens, like if someone they held dear, suddenly died. Or because they were raised by religious parents.
Either way they go to their relgion for answers.

Obviously there is the community aspect as well, living or being apart of a community of people with whom you share your believes, can be comforting and feel safe.

Personally I feel like religion is the 'easy solution': something unexplainable happens, you call it the act of god, instead of seeking answers through science.

I think us atheists/agnostics are wasting our time debating about God just as much as theists waste their time praising them.

I think us atheists/agnostics are wasting our time debating about God just as much as theists waste their time praising them.

I hate that guy. It's like he tries way too hard. Like who even acts infront of a greenscreen like that? It's so obvious he's trying to become a meme or something, where people can easily edit him.

PS: I heard that the legacy server petition got over 200k signatures on it now. I really hope this becomes a thing. :)

You're probably right, althoughI think it's an interesting topic, and it can be a great discussion, if people aren't too fixated on finding the one truth.

Btw. Isn't it wierd that people who say that they think god exists, say they 'believe' in god? Like you don't believe in a chair, a chair is just a chair and its real and it exists. By using the word 'believe', you kinda insinuate that you have to have faith to believe, which wouldn't be needed if it was certain that God exists.
Idk just shower thoughts

Do you "believe" that intelligent life from another planet has recently visited Earth? Some people believe that we have, yet they have never seen nor met an extraterrestrial. I guess some would call it a "leap of faith" if someone was to "believe" and if they not seen nor met one.

Reminds me of this

Do you "believe" that intelligent life from another planet has recently visited Earth? Some people believe that we have, yet they have never seen nor met an extraterrestrial. I guess some would call it a "leap of faith" if someone was to "believe" and if they not seen nor met one.
So you agree..? Not sure what your point is

Touch wenis?

Users who are viewing this thread