EU+US Gear Scaling Index

Save all previous scaling as they might revert in the future, given a possibility.

I have a weird gut feeling that this is just a temporary scaling phase, once Blizzard works out the kinks the scaling will be similar to how it was before.

I don't think blizzard intends for players to go to lower level zones and go out of their way to farm weaker mobs and get weaker low level gear with high enchants but a low Item level so it scales well.

The scaling system was meant to make the lower lvls of the bracket keep up with the higher lvls, since the battleground brackets are wider.

I have a weird gut feeling that this is just a temporary scaling phase, once Blizzard works out the kinks the scaling will be similar to how it was before.

I don't think blizzard intends for players to go to lower level zones and go out of their way to farm weaker mobs and get weaker low level gear with high enchants but a low Item level so it scales well.

The scaling system was meant to make the lower lvls of the bracket keep up with the higher lvls, since the battleground brackets are wider.

If it doesn't change. RIP twinking.

I know you're not collecting information right now but I happened to have the opportunity to capture the stats for several low level items, so I'm posting it.

Cobrahn's Boots (blue)
iLevel 34 (21)
11 Armor
6 AGI
9 STA
6 Crit

Gnollbreaker's Boots
iLevel 34 (10)
11 Armor
10 STA

Boiled Boots
iLevel 34 (12)
11 Armor
7 AGI
7 STA

Patched Pants
iLevel 34 (10)
14 Armor
13 STA

Spothide Leggings
iLevel 34 (14)
14 Armor
7 AGI
10 STA

Belt of the Fang (blue)
iLevel 34 (21)
9 Armor
7 AGI
10 STA

Chewed Belt
iLevel 34 (13)
9 Armor
10 STA

Fine Leather Sash
iLevel 34 (10)
9 Armor
10 STA

Footman Tunic
iLevel 34 (13)
16 Armor
4 AGI
9 STA

Worn Defias Bracers
iLevel 34 (14)
7 Armor
7 Crit

Frontier Bracer
iLevel 34 (10)
7 Armor
7 AGI

Troublesome Gloves
iLevel 34 (14)
10 Armor
7 AGI
6 STA

McCree's Sparring Gloves
iLevel 34 (10)
10 Armor
7 AGI
10 STA

Equicide Cloak
iLevel 34 (11)
5 Armor
7 AGI

Cookie's Table Cloth (blue)
iLevel 34 (17)
5 Armor
7 AGI
7 STA

Shadowfang Spaulders (blue)
12 Armor
6 AGI
9 STA
6 Crit

Parker's Yardstick
iLevel 34 (15)
Two-Hand Staff
32-49 Damage (12.27 DPS)
7 AGI
10 STA

Aspirant's Staff of Grace (blue)
iLevel 34 (20)
Two-Hand Staff
40-61 Damage (15.30 DPS)
8 AGI
11 STA
8 Crit

House Wrynn Halberd (blue)
Two-Hand Polearm
iLevel 34 (15)
32-60 Damage (15.33 DPS)
9 AGI
9 STA
9 Crit

some more lower lvl blues that scale quite differently now:

feyscale cloak 7in 7sta 5arm
gloaming band 7int 6sta
cookie's table cloth 7agi 7sta 5arm
mutineers cloak 7str 7sta 5arm
bracers of the ancien grove 5agi 8sta 7arm
silver embossed boots: 7agi 7sta 7crit
citizen wilkes, ring: 5agi 5sta
gorewalker treads: 6str 9sta 6crit 15arm

edit: added some more items, new bis candidates (for balanced sets) citizen wilkes ring and both above cloaks, gorewalker seem good alternative to boots fo hero

can someone check the remaining items from the Disturbing Connections quest?, looking at how silver embossed boots scale these could also be interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
If it doesn't change. RIP twinking.

How so? It may change the gearing meta.. but certainly doesn't kill twinking, particularly with f2p.

As far as whether this is intended or a bug.,. Brian Holinka was on the Convert to Raid podcast, episode 158. Start listening @ about 1:04:30. It certainly seems this is intended.

Full armor of the fang is now amazing for F2P resto druids. Since both agil & int count towards attack power in cat form. And it's all ilvl 21 so + 15 ilvls of scaling.

How so? It may change the gearing meta.. but certainly doesn't kill twinking, particularly with f2p.

As far as whether this is intended or a bug.,. Brian Holinka was on the Convert to Raid podcast, episode 158. Start listening @ about 1:04:30. It certainly seems this is intended.

Well I mean You're getting non bis gear for bis scaling in bgs. Previous bis gear would be best in world pvp, but outside of that, getting shitty gear for advantage just doesn't seem right. Of course people are welcome to make item sets for bgs/arenas and world pvp.

>Gloves of the Fang (credit to Mihej)
19 armor 10 agility 7 stamina

Though I think he has mistaken with armor, it should be ~9.

the scaled fang set looks very interesting indeed:
gloves of the fang: 10agi 7sta 10arm

impaling harpoon:
11agi 11sta 15.44dps 43-63

It would be great is someone who has excess of free time could put the info in some spreadsheet, some data are being double postet, since the previous postats are being lost in the discussion.

Robes of Arugal
10 Armor
11 Intellect
9 Stamina
6 Crit

Anacondra's Robe
10 Armor
8 Intellect
11 Stamina
8 Crit

Belt of the Hero
5 Armor
6 Intellect
9 Stamina
6 Crit

Godfrey's Britches
9 Armor
8 Intellect
11 Stamina
8 Crit

Stillwater's Signet
3 Intellect
7 Stamina
5 Crit

Serpent Gloves
6 Armor
10 Intellect
7 Stamina

Gold-Flecked Gloves
6 Armor
10 Intellect
7 Stamina

Conspirator's Slippers
7 Armor
7 Intellect
7 Stamina
7 Crit

Previous bis gear would be best in world pvp

Did you not see the thread I made this morning on this topic? I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it.

Edit: Nevermind, I checked this thread before that one, you've posted in that one.

Did you not see the thread I made this morning on this topic? I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it.

Edit: Nevermind, I checked this thread before that one, you've posted in that one.

No worries I gotcha

It's a whole new level of twinking. You thought you were done grinding? Hahaha

Hashbrowns, you should release a thread called the 'Item level scaling index (PvP scaling)' and try to get the community to post up all their promising random blues/greens. (of course the stats of the items worn/used by only level 20 players, because level 21-29 changes the stats).

And maybe a less complicated thread that shows the BiS slots for simple stated/non-scaling PvE gear.

I personally have alot I would be glad to help, I've been dungeon farming alot and getting some promising stuff, alot of it could scale well alot of it could flop, regardless ill give it all to you just so the people know.

Hate to put pressure on you though, the only reason I don't make nice threads/guides is I'm not so savvy on the forums, as far as linking and all the coding goes.

[MENTION=18568]Hashbrowns[/MENTION] Putting in my two cents along with Dom above me. If you decide to start again I've saved all the agility leather pieces I've collected from quests etc as I leveled a monk, so I can contribute a chunk of low level info. When you consider the possibility of having to check every stat-bearing piece of gear for every armor type and primary stat, this could be a loooot of work. I would suggest, should you/we/the community decide to take this on, that it be done in a new, start-fresh thread and this one be closed. It'll make it a heck of a lot easier to scan the thread for what pieces have already been submitted.

Brightscale girdle
13 armor
7 strength
7 stamina
Onyx Claymore 42-63 damage 15.44 dps
11 strength
8 stam
8 crit
Stonemason Cloak
5 armor
5 strength
8 stamina
Gorewalker treads
15 armor
6 strength
9 stamina
6 crit
Savage Trodders
15 armor
9 STrength
9 stamina
Dusk stained cloak is up to 7 strength/stam beating tumult of the bear
Sparkmetal bracers were like 7 stam now I believe but I wasn't looking too hard and the bg ended
I have a few of those other items in red on different twinks but its just a manner of sitting in these queues

EDIT Almost forgot to say Band of Argas(the strength one) wasn't scaling at all, makes some sense considering it is like ilvl 32 already, but sucks. Would like to see that reverted, hopefully it is unintentional.

Before I start chest farming for 'Feet of the Lynx', can someone tell me what it scales to? I have a feeling it's going to be BiS.

Users who are viewing this thread