GB leaves the EU!

Good decision?

• Yes

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 66.7%

• Total voters
Think its more like it isn`t really enforced in the rural areas; afair it only works in the big megapoleis (like they actually have people policing it there)

It varies by province. Some are much more strict than others. One of the penalties is being unable to work for state-owned companies, and there is a much higher concentration of these companies in the northern regions, making it more of a deterrent. There are also cultural differences. But yea, it is also definitely going to be more difficult to control in rural areas.

Ah, makes sense
I haven`t really paid that much attention to it, I just noticed that the rural people seemed to not give a fuck `bout it

[QUOTE="Snack, post: 981846,
Do you even know what the EU can? EU can set up conventions that would force UK to change their immigration laws if they wanted to stay in the EU.

Possibly, although we'll see if the EU-bosses will let them stay that long...

@Snack

No, I do not pretend to be an expert on European Union law.

Perhaps that is one of the reasons why the citizens of Great Britain decided to part ways with them. They do not like other entities making their decisions for them.

It was predicted from the very beginning that the European Union "experiment" wouldn't last. It has actually baffled many that it has lasted this long. A few have even stated after a large country leaves it will only fall like a house of cards.
Saying that it is an "Experiment", is a pretty bad statement for something that has been running since 1957 and the UK joined in 1973. It will certainly not fall like a house of cards because it has a solid foundation. It never will really.

The UK will go on like if it was in the union and the union itself wont lose much as a whole. A few countries will have some troubles with their economics just like the UK due to their import/export but will addapt in a few years.

The sad part here in general is that people do not really know what the EU means to everything around here and is shown in this voting. That the EU gets to much power should not be the reason for leaving, it is not its solution. It is better for the UK to stay but that is up to them. Hope some wise "chap" makes the wise decision.

Saying that it is an "Experiment", is a pretty bad statement for something that has been running since 1957 and the UK joined in 1973. It will certainly not fall like a house of cards because it has a solid foundation. It never will really.

The UK will go on like if it was in the union and the union itself wont lose much as a whole. A few countries will have some troubles with their economics just like the UK due to their import/export but will addapt in a few years.

The sad part here in general is that people do not really know what the EU means to everything around here and is shown in this voting. That the EU gets to much power should not be the reason for leaving, it is not its solution. It is better for the UK to stay but that is up to them. Hope some wise "chap" makes the wise decision.

Yeh well, times change and other countries are going to opt out of the EU failed outdated concept that surprisingly lasted longer than everyone thought it would.

Yeh well, times change and other countries are going to opt out of the EU failed outdated concept that surprisingly lasted longer than everyone thought it would.
Explain failed and outdated? if we still would have the EEG/EEC, yes that would be outdated nor has the whole concept failed. UK scitizens failed here not the union. Brexit is not the end of the union and not a reason for other countries to opt out too either. EU is actually a succes and the UK has always been sceptic with not accepting the euro. Doomsday thinking right here, it is not the end :)

The problem with the EU is that it is basically perfectly setup for a totalitarian any day (jk its already some fine dictatorship)

As a preface to this post, let me be clear: I do not live in the EU, so I cannot comment on the political opinions surrounding this event, nor can I comment on specific issues of violence, racism, immigration, social health, or economy.

This vote was certainly a big deal for the EU and UK. Keep in mind that a vote to leave is not necessarily going to result in the UK leaving the EU. What it does mean is that it's time for the Brexit crowd to 'put up or shut up,' in a sense. The current Prime Minister has stepped down, knowing full well that any further attempt at leaving the EU would spell disaster for the leaders who step in behind him.

The successors to David Cameron will have 2 years to decide if leaving is really going to happen - this referendum was a vote, it is not legally binding in any significant way. Tomorrow, the UK could decide to just not invoke article 50 and stay a member of the EU. So, I'm not sure what's actually going to happen, though I do know that the UK is still bound by EU laws and regulations until it officially decides to leave the union, which could take a lengthy court process and get really, really messy.

What I DO know is this: people in the UK and EU should do their best to conduct business as usual, treating each other with the dignity and respect they afforded each other before this vote, doing their best to be civil in this difficult situation. No one needs to lose their lives over this, much less their way of life. Please avoid riots, dissent, and other conspiracy nonsense, it's not worth your time!

Carry on, lads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mol
As a preface to this post, let me be clear: I do not live in the EU, so I cannot comment on the political opinions surrounding this event, nor can I comment on specific issues of violence, racism, immigration, social health, or economy.

The successors to David Cameron will have 2 years to decide if leaving is really going to happen - this referendum was a vote, it is not legally binding in any significant way. Tomorrow, the UK could decide to just not invoke article 50 and stay a member of the EU. So, I'm not sure what's actually going to happen, though I do know that the UK is still bound by EU laws and regulations until it officially decides to leave the union, which could take a lengthy court process and get really, really messy.

What I DO know is this: people in the UK and EU should do their best to conduct business as usual, treating each other with the dignity and respect they afforded each other before this vote, doing their best to be civil in this difficult situation. No one needs to lose their lives over this, much less their way of life. Please avoid riots, dissent, and other conspiracy nonsense, it's not worth your time!

Carry on, lads.

We have 2 years from activating Article 50. EU trying to deliberately hurry us up but as you pointed out, the changing of the guard is happening - need a new leader who actually has a clue where to take this. I'm worried we don't, looking at the "contenders".

People are saying this was viewed as a big stunt by Boris Johnson to become PM, not expecting the country to leave (he has a column in a national newspaper and he had prepared a piece on both outcomes!). Boris is saying there is no rush to activate article 50, he didn't expect this to happen and based on the Leave campaign's objectives, hasn't a leg to stand (EU membership fee of £350 mill a week going to NHS - actually nah...porky pie).

The last paragraph of course isn't going to happen. That Keep Calm Carry On spirit sure, but its' been only 2 working days and the pound is really up shit creek. Furthermore, all over UK there is the usual minority who have said "pack your bags, we voted you out" to non English decent. Not far from me Polish families have had leaflets dropped through their letter boxes saying "we voted you out -f off" in English and google translated Polish. Despite my Remain bias I feel the majority of leave voters have been misinformed/narrow minded, no help to the shit both leave/remain campaigns have thrown. Apologies if that upsets anyone here.

Lastly (rant coming to an end), of course I undoubtedly owe a debt to the elderly/veterans both men and women who fought in the war for our own as much as Europe's freedom and understand their rationale to leave. But this is the 21st century, Europe has been unified and we're not going to start smashing each others heads in unless football is involved. They're not saving us or the UK, they've sold us (and their grandchildren out). I will say I'm sure we'll recover in time but most leavers will be fertilising the daisies before it does.

Thanks for all the votes, opinions and discussions! So far the NO voters are ahead :p

We will see how this whole thing develop, im happy that our community can talk and think about such topics.

Have a nice day

None of that has anything to with EU's most used language "English" is endangered though. According to that Associated Press article. I shall link it for you to read again just in case you missed it.
http://m.chron.com/news/world/article/EU-s-most-widely-use-language-English-8329656.php
Have a wonderful 4th!

that article is Much Ado About Nothing. there's nothing about english being endangered in any actual sense, just political fencing over "official" languages for the EU. this has 0 impact on anything other than what language so-and-so uses to give a speech.

Users who are viewing this thread