Games like this are not fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
soskanky said:
Can't listen to it at the moment. Is that the one with the kid and the 4/4 leather belt?

nah it's some dude and some chick arguing about a guild event with the guy recording just makes funny comments during the incident.....i want to do that so bad......i should of recorded Oknob slaying Xaxa in vent

Mongro said:
Or I just didn't feel like explaining hypocrisy to a crazy person. It's cute that you're masking your irrational hatred with pseudo-intellectualism. Refering to me as "buddy" or "friend" a day after getting banned for calling me a "cocksucker" pretty much confirms this.

Careful pal. You may get reported for that language. Some people get offended by it. As for me, what you think of me is none of my buisness champ. But be careful you're labeling me. Read the article. It explains the practice of labeling and poor self esteem.

I've turned over a new leaf during my 24 hour ban. Thanks for reporting me Willy err Mongro. Gave me time to catch up on some reading, buddy.

Lol I really didn't report you. Whoever deals with reports can confirm it, if they are allowed to or care enough to.

Zuladin said:
nah it's some dude and some chick arguing about a guild event with the guy recording just makes funny comments during the incident.....i want to do that so bad......i should of recorded Oknob slaying Xaxa in vent

Are you playing 70's on AP?

This thread has definitely taken a turn for excitement. I'm still waiting for the part where you guys actually start talking about what's good for the bracket in a non biased fashion, instead of trying to psycho analyze each other into submission.

Bonopo said:
This thread has definitely taken a turn for excitement. I'm still waiting for the part where you guys actually start talking about what's good for the bracket in a non biased fashion, instead of trying to psycho analyze each other into submission.

That would make the read far less exciting

soskanky said:
It doesn't matter to me. Reported here and Blizzard forums. Like I said, new leaf.

You shouldn't need validation. Here's a nice link for that, pal.

Low Self Esteem Symptoms |

Anything I can do to help the "community"

Because I clearly expected a mod to jump in on this important conversation on my behalf.

Why am I not surprised that you go to .com sites for information?

That would make the read far less exciting

I would tend to argue that it's probably worth it to sacrifice excitement for substance relevant to positive change. I can almost guarantee that none of the parties here are capable of unbiased and open conversation for the sake of improvement, so I would have to concede your point.

On the other hand, the process of finding out just how biased and selfish these individuals are, could prove to be more exciting than what's being discussed now.

Mongro said:
Because I clearly expected a mod to jump in on this important conversation on my behalf.

Why am I not surprised that you go to .com sites for information?

What you think of me is none of my buisness amigo. As far as the .com links, I was at work. There's alot of useful knowledge out there on the interwebz on low self esteem. I'd be glad to help a friend out in need. For the good of the "community'

Bonopo said:
I would tend to argue that it's probably worth it to sacrifice excitement for substance relevant to positive change. I can almost guarantee that none of the parties here are capable of unbiased and open conversation for the sake of improvement, so I would have to concede your point.

On the other hand, the process of finding out just how biased and selfish these individuals are, could prove to be more exciting than what's being discussed now.

Alot of this started out (on the regular forums) purely for the sake of improving things, but certain people felt the need to interject at every possible opportunity just for the sake of having a dissenting opinion.

soskanky said:
What you think of me is none of my buisness amigo. As far as the .com links, I was at work. There's alot of useful knowledge out there on the interwebz on low self esteem. I'd be glad to help a friend out in need. For the good of the "community'
Not going to lie, this new approach you're taking is also entertaining.

Alot of this started out (on the regular forums) purely for the sake of improving things, but certain people felt the need to interject at every possible opportunity just for the sake of having a dissenting opinion.

I would have to see such posts to understand the frame of reference you're speaking from, before I could conclude that anyone trying to actively discuss bracket improvement, were doing so in an unbiased manner.

At the moment in this thread, which is attempting to speak in terms of the communities best interest, I can clearly see the biased perspective the OP is speaking from.

Bonopo said:
I would have to see such posts to understand the frame of reference you're speaking from, before I could conclude that anyone trying to actively discuss bracket improvement, were doing so in an unbiased manner.

At the moment in this thread, which is attempting to speak in terms of the communities best interest, I can clearly see the biased perspective the OP is speaking from.

Who are you by the way? I feel like I should know.

Bonopo said:

Honestly? We can't begin to discuss bracket improvement because we can't even agree on the source of the issue. You can't implement a solution until there is some kind of near consensus on the problem.

Naht gonna happen. There are people denying that hunters are overpowered... still. It's been a constant since... as long as I can remember.

I miss Lloyd's posts, they were always pretty funny to read.

Bonopo said:

I would give you a link, but I don't feel like digging for one of the few threads that might have escaped deletion. How is the OP biased? I'm not trying to argue that anyone here isn't because that would be hypocritical, but I'm curious on hearing exactly how he's biased (and anyone else, myself included, if you have the time to kill).

Honestly? We can't begin to discuss bracket improvement because we can't even agree on the source of the issue. You can't implement a solution until there is some kind of near consensus on the problem.

That is a good point. I don't think it helps matters when people speak in the terms the OP has chosen to speak in. He seems convinced that hunters alone are responsible for the one sided games. I can't help but wonder if there are other major factors at work that are causing the one sided outcomes. I'd be curious to see if there are games where there aren't any hunters present, and the outcome remains the same. I'd also be interested in knowing the caliber of teamwork and coordination present on both teams.

Naht gonna happen. There are people denying that hunters are overpowered... still. It's been a constant since... as long as I can remember.

You are probably correct. People seem to think that 1v1 is the balancing point (or should be) of wow player vs player combat. This line of thinking easily blocks out the understanding that it's perfectly possible to give classes powerful and unique abilities that construe imbalance in a 1v1 setting, but are perfectly balanced in a group setting.

Edited to include a response to Mongro:

I would give you a link, but I don't feel like digging for one of the few threads that might have escaped deletion.

If a large amount of the source material was deleted, it probably isn't worth the venture anyway.

How is the OP biased? I'm not trying to argue that anyone here isn't because that would be hypocritical, but I'm curious on hearing exactly how he's biased (and anyone else, myself included, if you have the time to kill).

Just reading the text accompanied with the screen shot in the OP, I can clearly see an exceptional amount of dislike against hunters, and quite possibly against members of the opposing faction. It's clear that the OP has made up their mind about the situation and placed the blame on a factor he/she personally deems responsible. He/she proceeds to claim that the opposing team has no regard for what the OP presumes to be the best interests of everyone, and then uses that as an excuse to berate the other team in general.

Nothing was said which indicates the OP is willing to consider other factors as being responsible for the way he/she feels about the games in question. There is also the presumption that the OP's point of view is consistent with the rest of the community on this matter. I'd be interested in seeing any feedback from other players as well, bearing in mind that subjective matters are not conducive to the general best interests of the group.

the problem is the losing. if those three hunters were shitty players and horde steamrolled this thread never gets made. it's the same deal with SB before. Shitty horde rogue uses it for months and it's not a big deal. Good alliance players bust it out and it is the end of the world with all sorts of immature crap going on in games.

if i still played i honestly would just do what i want in games. who gives a ****. some whiny kid you'll never meet in real life raging in your vent channel probably provides as much entertainment or more as games themselves anyway.

So you're suggesting that people may have an aversion to losing, and are likely blaming a possible skill discrepancy between teams, on class choice?

That's interesting. Anyone agree/disagree?

soskanky said:
Are you playing 70's on AP?

i have a 70 hunter on AP(lasarkis) i havent played him in a bit tho

issue being, my hunter 9/10 gets killed by frostmages/gets killed inside a cheapshot by glaive rogues, pretty much i run half sunwell gear on him so i can actually hit modestly hard. If i get off a CS+readiness+CS i can usually two shot most pve-geared folks or beat em down low. I should play him again though *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread