EU+US Frostscythe and Cloaks from Midsummer Dungeon

Edit: Talked to a GM, he said the req level is 60 :'(
In the Patch Notes for 7.2.5 Blizz did state 60 was the Requirement. I'm still hopeful that they're actually using the Legion Scaling Tech to allow lower Levels to participate also. There are many things on Wowhead that have no or very low Level requirements and end up actually requiring 110 to obtain so that could be it.

In the Patch Notes for 7.2.5 Blizz did state 60 was the Requirement. I'm still hopeful that they're actually using the Legion Scaling Tech to allow lower Levels to participate also. There are many things on Wowhead that have no or very low Level requirements and end up actually requiring 110 to obtain so that could be it.

Or we just exploit the dung thing, and may get accesse to it

Its time to find out!
Lets see how we can exploit it, anyone has ideas?

1. Get friends to make a group with all lvl 60+ with an empty spot
2. Get them to queue and accept roles (except for one player)
3. Get them to invite you
4. If it still works, you'll be prompted to select a role
5. Get queued

This was the old exploit I used to get the Hallowed title on my 49 twink back in cataclysm. Pretty sure it doesn't work. Try it out though!

Credit to @iaccidentallytwink for sharing it to twinkinfo

Alright nice, what level can this weapon be xmogged at?
I'm not sure, I think it depends on which verison you've got.

For example, the BC verison http://www.wowhead.com/item=35514/frostscythe-of-lord-ahune should be transmogable at level 70, and so on.

Unfortunately the scaled verison does not work like the previous ones - so for me it shows up as required level 100 (I got one in WoD, if I obtained it in MoP it would probably be required level 90)

edit: maybe if you get the scaled verison as your first one in the wardrobe you can transmog it at any level? and if you had it before you're stuck with whatever level requirement that has

Last edited:
Can't transmog the frostscythe on level 70 characters either. Kind of weird considering it was originally a level 70 weapon.
I think it should be if you have the original level 70 verison, so far it seems that whatever verison you have is the level required to transmog it - 70 / 80 / 85 / 90 / 100

@Arkte
Is there any way to display when and if there is maintinence on us/eu on the home page? Would be cool.

The only widgets that are available for this list either a single realm, or the entire realmlist. Obviously the former would be pointless, while the latter would be completely obnoxious.

Adding wowhead to discord chat cold be an option.

Working on that now, should be up and running soon.

At all, or for players below level 60?
I checked on a 1, 10, 19, 70, 99, 101, 110. The Event just hasn't spawned on NA yet, or as of 10:08 it hadn't. I'll check again each half hour or so.

EDIT: It seems Blizz is using super sekrit PST Time for NA Midsummer and not "Server time" even though it clearly says that on the in Game Calendar and on Wowhead, le sigh.

Last edited:
Ok it's up on NA, here's what I found:

• 1-19: Nope, doesn't even give the option to Queue for 'The Frost Lord Ahune'.
  • 63-70: Yes, but gives a different Satchel than 99+ called "Knapsack of Chilled Goods", Superior quality.
  • 99+: Yes and gives "Satchel of Chilled Goods", Epic quality.
The above Levels are all I have to test it on as I don't have anything in between what I listed.

Official path notes did say 60+.

I have ran it twice on my level 110 and level 94 on US. I will check my 20s but I am doubtful.

Edit: not in dungeon log on 20s.

Users who are viewing this thread