US FIFTY - Classic Raiding done right - We need YOU!

After days of farming the chest and spamming trade chat, I managed to get my hands on a pair of Arena Vambraces and got unexpected results...

It seems that +11 Stamina (Stalwart Bands of Stamina) is far better than +48 Bonus Armor (Arena Vambraces). The difference in effective physical health (health*(1+armor_reduction)) is nearly 300, which is HUGE. I guess I missed the memo where Stamina gives a ridiculously large amount of Health per point in WoD.

However, I have summarized the following about Bonus Armor in certain slots for Prot Warrior:

NOT BiS Bonus Armor items
- Smoking Heart of the Mountain
- Arena Vambraces
- Volcanic Leggings
- Heavy Mithril Pants

BiS Bonus Armor items
- Heavy Mithril Gauntlets
- Imperial Plate Shoulders
- Imperial Plate Belt
- Sergeant's Cape

Other Notes:
- Wall of the Dead is likely better than the BoA Draconian Deflector due to the uptime of the proc. If it's 50% or more, Wall of the Dead is objectively better.

Last edited by a moderator:
My web design skills have greatly picked up since I left this project, and I could much easier coordinate something. I also still have the domain http://fiftyraiding.com if we ever decide to get back together - I registered it for 3 years :)

I'm going to reenchant and gear for now. Please add me on RealID - Thirk#1334 - if you ALREADY have a GEARED 50 on US and would like to test some AQ10 sometime soon.

Will add to btag when I return to my mom's house. Im geared (non boa and missing that boe shield (mountain buckler i think?)), not enchanted AT ALL! will see what I can scrounge up on spinebreaker lol :p I could get full boas now that x-realm boas are a thing, but I think ima keep my oldschool non-boa swag :D who needs boas? or enchants? R1 Molten Core Hpally in the fifty project hipe :D

Messing around with Armor Set bonuses at the moment. The Postmaster set bonus is a MUST have for non-Plate tanks, especially considering it's only TWO pieces for 50 armor and one is a ring! Absolutely fantastic!

Did you test/compare Blackskull shield with wall of dead? taking the permanent bonus armor into account (it increases ur dps too)
Not yet. I really don't think giving up 7 Stamina for less than 28 Armor is worth it. The 13 Armor is up nearly all the time in a raid setting, so it's only 15 Armor otherwise.

I tested Arena Vambraces (49 Armor) in exchange for 11 Stamina from my current braces and it wasn't worth it, so About half the armor for 66% of the Stamina is certainly not worth it either.

FIFTY Raiding has been registered once again and you should soon see this splash page while I set things up behind the scenes. http://fiftyraiding.com should also redirect to that domain.

bxNSZbx.jpg

6.1 is coming out Tuesday. I am planning a raid on that night - Tuesday, 9PM EST if at least 4 people can make it. 6.1 introduces BoAs for nothing but gold, along with new Necklaces which will be BiS for nearly everyone.

Please let me know if you can make the raid, and add me @ Thirk#1334.

Okay. I see a count or 2-3 so far not counting myself. Still planning on attempting at least AQ10 tomorrow.

To reiterate - tomorrow night at 9PM EST. Thirk#1334 is my battletag.

Inviting people now. Get online and throw me a whisper!

How did it go? I would love to know, and I hope i can make the next raid :D
We only had 4 people, and I was the only geared tank - but given those circumstances, it went well. We just did up to Kurinaxx, and since our off-tank wasn't geared at all, we got up to enrage easily but wiped there. Too much damage taken by our off-tank.

So while we didn't get any real numbers, we're set to be able to go farther this xpac than before thanks to stat crunching and rescaling.

Users who are viewing this thread