Feral Druid Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khanodruid

Legend
Yep, another one of these threads :)

I've seen lots of posts about them but nothing really set in stone about gear. So if someone could throw up a CharDev for me or just give me some answers I would be very appreciative! I DON'T HAVE ANY BOA'S. DON'T TALK ABOUT THEM.

Slots I'm still not 100% about and looking for answers:

-shoulder (Serpent's?)

-chest (Tunic?)

-wrist (Forest?)

-hands and the enchant (Fang?)

-waist (Random dungeon Monkey?)

and most importantly:

-WEP and the enchant (Glacial Stone w/ 25 agil?)

Really don't know what to get for a weapon.

Oh and please, don't tell me to get such and such and wait for Cata because new BiS's will be available... I'm well aware... and I really have enough gold to gear myself now and in Cata. Thanks in advance!

Well I dont happen to be a druid pro but Im guessing gloves of the fang are better than monkey gloves ^^

8agi/6stam fang

4agi/4stam monkey

hmm though call ^^

Haha wow I can't believe I forgot about those... Silly me. Thanks.

The random dungoeon bandit belt still works atm with 5 stam. 5 agi and +10 atk pwr if your interested, im currently using that on my rogue, but again not 100% sure, though the stats are there. and im sure thats better than 6/6 belt of the monkey.

iirc satchel gear of the bandit has haste on it now, so you will be wanting the Tumultuous Cloak of the Bandit. Otherwise, as far as i can tell (im not currently ingame) you will be wanting

- Exception Stormshroud Shoulders

- Stained Shadowcraft Tunic

- Forest or 2/2 monkeys (for now, switch to quest item come 4.0.3)

- Gloves of the Fang with 10 haste rating

- Aquarius Belt

- Lava Dredger > Glacial Stone with 20 haste rating

Kore... Are you serious? At least read the whole post before you post.

Khanodruid said:
I DON'T HAVE ANY BOA'S. DON'T TALK ABOUT THEM.

I still don't have access to BoA's. The main reason I made this thread is because all of the other ones talk about using BoA's. My question is what should I use that's NOT a BoA?

my bad, how embarrasing. I do tend to skim read alot of posts.

In that case

- serpents

- tunic

- aquarius (must!)

- 5 hit on boots (must!)

- Glacial Stone.

Haha I do that too. Thanks for the help. Also, why so much haste? Is it really that much better than agility?

Make a chardev and see for yourself. white damage goes through the roof, and with haste increasing energy regeneration it helps yellows a lot too. Its mostly because, as far as i can tell, ferals roll in a large amount of attack power the % increase of haste is better than the linear increase of agility. Haste also helps rage generation in bear through more white hits, and maul/ mangle spam, especially with vengeance up, hurts.

I lack empircal data btw, but i have no reason to believe im wrong. Even if i am, you've wasted maybe 50g at most on enchants.

You can buy the heirloom gear from WG with Honor now, so you could get some heirlooms without a main.

Xposure said:
You can buy the heirloom gear from WG with Honor now, so you could get some heirlooms without a main.

I don't even have LK, my main is a 70 twink on a different server. I refuse to give in to Blizzard's sneakiness of trying to make me get a main. I just won't do it.

I've tried both haste and agi and haste wins hands down. I hit like a truck, have mad energy regen and a .86s attack speed :p

Feral ftw :D

edit

haste also affects your heals ;)

Awesome, thanks again everyone. I've never played a feral and can I conclude that I should just gear it like a rogue? And enchant haste?

Khanodruid said:
Awesome, thanks again everyone. I've never played a feral and can I conclude that I should just gear it like a rogue? And enchant haste?

Yeah kinda, but i wouldnt be too strict with following rogue's, use rogue gear as a guideline.

I would gear, without BoAs:

LFH

WSG neck

serpent

bandit cloak [not sure]

westfall [stats]

monkey or 2/2 filler with black wolf bracers in cata [9stam probably]

gloves of the fang [haste]

aquairus belt

leggings of the fang [16 armour]

footpads of the fang [hit]

seal of wrynn

protector's band

insignia

agm

glacial stone [haste]

I'm not sure about cloak enchant. None of them seem particularly useful, especially since purge and grasp are gone. I'd go 3agi> stealth since kitties have no opener.

Yorki is right every one else is wrong

Haste only affects dots (reguve / regrowth) for healing and if you get instant cast nature spell on proc ull be using Roots, Wrath (if ur a proski) or Healing touch (400-500 non rit heal) so in the state of healing the haste is neer useless. Your choice is 30 haste which the energy regen is hardly good considering many *good* feral druids will swap bear form after they use their energy and the only time feral druids can put out good dmg is when you pop LB and have the 55 haste. My point being 30 haste is not better than 100 attack power (15 agi = 30 attp from hands + 25 agi = 50 attp from wep = 80 att pwr + 25% att pwr bonus of feral druids = 100 ATTP so if you want to sacrife having about 500-515 attp (with perfect gear) for 400-415 attp (with perfect gear) and a .13 second faster around id say 20-40 dmg white hit you sir are an imbisile your large dmg comes from your high dot ticks from bleed and ferocious bite and having 100 less attack pwr is ganna be quit ea difference, now ive been told haste affects how fast ur dots tick and i dont think thats true but even if it is the 30 haste still doesnt = the 100 more attp that the bleed affect would do on that target.

PS: glacial stone isnt BiS it would be SMites hammer you want stats on a feral druid not a proc (ESPECIALLY IF YOU STACK HASTE!)

Edit 10 hit is cap so you want (if you have BoA) 4 hit rogue shoulders with 6 hit rogue chest piece aquarious belt is not biS the agi from tunic of west and Serpent does not match the 7 agi (about 17-18 att pwr) u take away from the boots to give it 5 hit and the 25 att pwr ( 5 agi + 10 attpwr + 25% buff) u get from the bandit belt

In colcusion Kore or w.e his name is and Marystus are both wrong you want to stack Agi over Haste and if you need the regen and want to dish out quick DMG pop herb as an Offensive CD

yorkie said:
Haste only affects dots (reguve / regrowth) for healing and if you get instant cast nature spell on proc ull be using Roots, Wrath (if ur a proski) or Healing touch (400-500 non rit heal) so in the state of healing the haste is neer useless. Your choice is 30 haste which the energy regen is hardly good considering many *good* feral druids will swap bear form after they use their energy and the only time feral druids can put out good dmg is when you pop LB and have the 55 haste. My point being 30 haste is not better than 100 attack power (15 agi = 30 attp from hands + 25 agi = 50 attp from wep = 80 att pwr + 25% att pwr bonus of feral druids = 100 ATTP so if you want to sacrife having about 500-515 attp (with perfect gear) for 400-415 attp (with perfect gear) and a .13 second faster around id say 20-40 dmg white hit you sir are an imbisile your large dmg comes from your high dot ticks from bleed and ferocious bite and having 100 less attack pwr is ganna be quit ea difference, now ive been told haste affects how fast ur dots tick and i dont think thats true but even if it is the 30 haste still doesnt = the 100 more attp that the bleed affect would do on that target.

PS: glacial stone isnt BiS it would be SMites hammer you want stats on a feral druid not a proc (ESPECIALLY IF YOU STACK HASTE!)

Edit 10 hit is cap so you want (if you have BoA) 4 hit rogue shoulders with 6 hit rogue chest piece aquarious belt is not biS the agi from tunic of west and Serpent does not match the 7 agi (about 17-18 att pwr) u take away from the boots to give it 5 hit and the 25 att pwr ( 5 agi + 10 attpwr + 25% buff) u get from the bandit belt

In colcusion Kore or w.e his name is and Marystus are both wrong you want to stack Agi over Haste and if you need the regen and want to dish out quick DMG pop herb as an Offensive CD

.3 seconds off of roots makes haste worth it x)

not when u can get 2 second off root as feral??

PS: im more then likely getting banned for calling Kore an idiot thinks he knows it all dumb shit druid so this will be my last post i alrdy got suspended for like 3 days 2 weeks ago.

yorkie said:
not when u can get 2 second off root as feral??

PS: im more then likely getting banned for calling Kore an idiot thinks he knows it all dumb shit druid so this will be my last post i alrdy got suspended for like 3 days 2 weeks ago.

you should be casting roots outside of instant procs x)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread