<FBKB> vs. <Rumsey Rum Brewing Co> Practice Games Sunday the 6th!

who will win

• Total voters
also each guild must run 10 from thier guild making sure something like last time doesnt happen again

Why call then practice games. I would think a practice game would be more lenient and more spur of the moment. Definitely not requiring every team member to have their character in the guild. It's just practice

was not my idea was gokkus idea we just want games

Yeah I'm confused why everyone is calling their games practice. I can understand your games against AP Twinks cuz it ended up being more of a pug. But if both teams are able to field then this will be a legit game.

But FBKB's got this one.

Of course gokku plans shit when im not on

I'll see who can play thia weekend once I get on
Our guild has pretty good synergy for a real one

Yeah I'm confused why everyone is calling their games practice. I can understand your games against AP Twinks cuz it ended up being more of a pug. But if both teams are able to field then this will be a legit game.

But FBKB's got this one.

Think of practice as pre season. We get ready and check out what comps we can run

But there is no actual season, there are no set games. That's why burg set up the thread. To induce wargames he just wanted tu track guild v guild encounters. And these "practice games" are almost an insult to insult to it. a newly formed guild should be allowed a practice game. But two already known and represented guilds must be put on record.

But there is no actual season, there are no set games. That's why burg set up the thread. To induce wargames he just wanted tu track guild v guild encounters. And these "practice games" are almost an insult to insult to it. a newly formed guild should be allowed a practice game. But two already known and represented guilds must be put on record.

I agree. This game between them will be put on record, not like it really means much. Only reason it wouldn't be is if it turns out one team ends up being majority real id, like <AP twinks> was when they faced Neon's team. Really it ended up good for Neon because that was their first game as a guild.

I just don't get the point in people calling these games "exhibition" and "practice" games. Seems really silly.

People always saying "we just want games" and then make strict rules about it. If you want games just get 20 people together and play, doesn't matter if everyone is in a guild. If its a serious match with strict rules call it an official wargame.

I believe the reason they're referred to as practice games is simply because neither team feels like it's anything other than practice. The primary goal isn't to win, but rather to practice synergy between team members and trying out various comps. It's simply a premade for fun, which the community is being informed of ahead of time. If you'd rather have the premades be set up in secret so the games can't be enjoyed by the rest of the bracket through streams, then so be it. It seemed like most people watching the last game enjoyed it, and I doubt more activity in the premade scene is a bad thing for the bracket as a whole.

Why are these practice games origins being referred as plural ?
Again, this is all Neon, his last 2 thread being "practices"

I'm fine with a real wargame

Why are these practice games origins being referred as plural ?
Again, this is all Neon, his last 2 thread being "practices"

I'm fine with a real wargame

gokku said practice not me

i wanted a real game

But FBKB's got this one.

Even though I am pretty new to the bracket, I can already tell their are way less premades at 20s than 19s. People are doing these practices because since they don't get a chance to premade againist other guilds much, they want to "test the waters" of their team before they actually do one for real. Its understandable considering now that some guy made a vet guild rankings thread (heuh heuh heuh, u), they don't want to start off with a loss. I'm obviously not speaking for the community, just my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread