Farming in Legion BOEs (Account Bans for "Bot Farming")

im done ranting if it doesnt get overturned so be it. They just lose customers over randoms mass reporting and having shitty customer service. Bans should never be automated like it clearly was.
[doublepost=1629215903,1629215684][/doublepost]And its been 3 days no response to the appeal

Bans are not carried out by GMs.. Rules are directly handled by developer side, ie. the people who also handle @hacks dept. This is the most recent communication (reply) several GMs sent me. Anything pertaining to rules (what can be done and what cannot) has to be referred to developer, and these bans are not random. This rumour about bans being random got to stop. The auto punishment like unable to use your mailbox, or unable to chat, those are auto, once certain number of people right click report you, it's auto, but not account ban or account suspension.

If you asked GMs about rule, they all give you a vague reply, something around the line like what the game is intended or not lololol.. It's like you are going for a competition in the Olympics and you asked the committee what drugs can be taken and what are considered ban drugs and the reply you get is, please take the drugs you are allow to and don't touch those you ain't suppose to.. lololol.. As if everyone doesnt know that already.. Never give you a clear cut answer, yes you can take A, no you cannot take B.. So if in doubt, post your questions in blizzard official forum, that's where developers read them and sometimes post their positions on matters (I didn't say this, GMs did). I try to play within the rules so when I don't get a reply it doesn't sound very reasonable, I mean I am asking about rules so I stay within them to play and here you are telling me you can't tell me the rules.. I got several of my accounts suspended recently.. It's not random.. If you get suspended/ban, you might have violated some rules, maybe you didn't know that's violation, but it is, otherwise you won't get suspended or ban, but you can appeal, if they reinstate then consider yourself lucky.

Got banned as well many months ago by playing with 5+ characters farming green equipment items only, didn't multibox, 1 keypress per 1 character. Had to play with 5+ 400x400 pixels windows to make it fit on my screen rofl. They saw my case in my appeal and perma turned to 6 months ban and apparantly i get to keep my gold. Quite weird..

I ignored the hundreds of levelers that came by and told me they reported me, didn't take em seriously.
Maybe i should've contacted GMs about my intentions before the reports piled up so i wouldn't have to convince scrub GM after the deed.

Got both accounts unbanned this morning aswell. I'll be avoiding kobolds while the archeology event is up going forward.

At this point I have an insatiable thirst for anything high numbered. So I pray to whatever dev is left in that anus hole that is Blizzard to ban me and cut me short on Spell-Fire oil farming. Just End it all.

At this point I have an insatiable thirst for anything high numbered. So I pray to whatever dev is left in that anus hole that is Blizzard to ban me and cut me short on Spell-Fire oil farming. Just End it all.
Just wait until they nerf it and you have to farm another Spellfire Oil, fam.

It's a lot better if you have a monk and know a few decent spots.

daelosss.PNG

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1142610273

i was banned today after 1 day and 2 hours today of farming in MoP

Last edited:
View attachment 19949

View attachment 19950

The problem is that their policy is so ignorantly broad, they can pretty much ban you for anything that isnt alt-tabbing between windows on a single monitor.

"We will now additionally prohibit the use of all software and hardware mechanisms to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way."

That sucks man. I hope you have as much luck as everyone else did in getting their bans lifted.

And the actual bots out there, laughing their asses off seeing players eating each other and the company cant manage things right.
Seems just like WoW to me.

View attachment 19949

View attachment 19950

Hope you get unbanned asap that's brutal. It makes me less likely to add accounts - i've considered it but i'm pretty poor when it comes to gold so its all speculative when it comes to farming for me. I'd only do it as a trogodolyte ghetto boxer without any sophistication involving macros etc. Even worse when actual bots don't get banned but real people do. Let us know how it goes with blizz.

i've made sure to go out of my way to do things that make sure players who are just sitting there observing know i am not a bot whenever i farm.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say that Blizz NEVER "Fixes" issues, they just blanket nerf/remove items/Content instead of actually trying. It's likely due to fewer and fewer actually Employees at Blizz tasked with maintaining WoW for whomever is left still throwing money at Hacktivision.

It's not random.. If you get suspended/ban, you might have violated some rules, maybe you didn't know that's violation, but it is, otherwise you won't get suspended or ban, but you can appeal, if they reinstate then consider yourself lucky.

In these matters, Blizzard always bans in waves, and it's not unheard of that innocent people get caught in crossfire. It's happened many times before. They of course appeal and get their accounts unbanned, but it's a nuisance nonetheless.

Whether it's automated or not, there is for sure some sort of systematic approach to make it smoother. It's just not feasible to sit there and fully audit thousands upon thousands of reports.

My best guess is that there are some variables like amount of reports and patterned behavior etc. I.e. you get a substantial enough reports, and you happen to follow a specific pattern within a reasonable margin of a bot/program that they've already mapped out, then you'll be a part of a ban wave. Then if you appeal, they'll probably have a closer look. This is the logical/realistic way of going about it.

You make it sound like if you get reported for something, they'll look into the tiniest of details and ban you for anything that can be seen as a violation. This is not the case, or you'd see much more strict bans all over the place.

They're very obviously following some sort of structure to clear out these bans in as big and quick a manner as possible. By "these" bans, I mean things relating to bot farming. It most likely has to do with the huge community outcry against the massive invasion of Chinese bots that were a big problem not that long ago. You had big streamers and community members and all of their communities too etc. etc. address it and make a massive outcry, and this current situation is most likely the consequence of all that.

Users who are viewing this thread