Fanatic's Guide to Dagger Rogues

Nice guide...make a muti rogue guide plz...trying another spec would be fun
<

Saw you in WSG last night...damn you are even faster than me on those returns.

Snèaky

playing daggers aswell for the last 2 weeks because no fangs yet

i like daggers

Should I make a muti rogue guide? Contemplating whether it's worth trying to heal the broken spec (which I only play out of all the rogues in this bracket).

Should I make a muti rogue guide? Contemplating whether it's worth trying to heal the broken spec (which I only play out of all the rogues in this bracket).

I heard from Eliot and Curley that Muti Rogues are too dependent on Eviscrits and instant poison spam, and the lack of a debuffing poison makes Mutilate a lil weaker than usual.

I heard from Eliot and Curley that Muti Rogues are too dependent on Eviscrits and instant poison spam, and the lack of a debuffing poison makes Mutilate a lil weaker than usual.

Not exactly. The white damage is more than sub daggers, and poison procs alot, making it great against heavy armor people. It is a little dependant on evis crits, but that depends on the situation. With berserker, doing 1k eviscerate crits on clothies are pretty easy. This usually means a dead priest :p. I'd like to get into more detail and clear up misconceptions, but that's really why I want to write a guide.

I'm pretty sure I could do 2k+ burst on 10 stack EFC as muti. Here's a regular pug game I played as muti recently:

WoWScrnShot_021312_234546.jpg

This wasn't my best game (7 deaths euh) but 43k damage done and 5 returns is pretty excellent for a muti rogue.

Can you test a couple things while you're still a muti rogue?
1: do serpent sting or weapons like stinging viper affect mutilate as well?
2: does ambush still do more dmg than mutilate to open?

Sorry for the trouble.

1. I can't seem to find it in mutilate's tooltip where it says its damage is increased by a debuffing poison anymore. Weird.

Mutilate - Spell - World of Warcraft

2. It depends. Since mutilate is actually two attacks, it is common to have 2 poison procs from it (which can crit) resulting in more damage than ambush. If not, ambush would probably do more damage. But to be honest, opening with ambush/mutilate is situational. For example, if I want to gouge as soon as I open up, shadowmeld and reset, opening with mutilate is best since ambush requires being behind your target and you have to run in front of them to gouge. If I reset like this with 3 points up (enemy at around 65% hp or so) open again with muti, and 5 point eviscerate, it's over.

PsikaPika on 2011/10/04 (Patch 4.2.2) Not quite. The 4.3 change isn'treallychanging anything,justremoving the+20% damageifpoisoned part. Garrotewill stillbethebest openerforassassination mostly becauseof Venomous Wounds.

I never even noticed they had changed it. Mutilate already has the 20%, and they removed the need for a poison now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread