EU+US F2P & Vet Rankings!

Do you think Hardcore rankings are a good idea?

• Yes, and I will try to participate

• I don't mind them

• No, they should be removed (please state reasons)

Results are only viewable after voting.
unknown.png

Well that was scary on my Hardcore Rankings char, never entering Org again

Reactions: hom
And today dies Ðrihan, first of his name ... killed by the lag in a battleground (more exactly by 1300ms ping) ... he had no time to escape "bravely" from that rogue ...
He dies with 150 achievement points and 24 honorable kills ... Not even worth to mention that :D

To all those doing that hardcore achievement hunting, mixed with hardcore PvP ... beware to rogues, and don't hesitate to stay safe / retreat early ;)

Ðrihan, second of his name, hidden twin brother, claimed back the legacy of his brother, and intend to go further!

Last edited:
Holy crap man that's impressive, what spot did you use?
upload_2019-7-23_15-3-57.png

This is where I did it, there are some scary low flying guards tho that you have to time it with.

And today dies Ðrihan, first of his name ... killed by the lag in a battleground (more exactly by 1300ms ping) ... he had no time to escape "bravely" from that rogue ...

I feel like Ðrihan, first of his name is just the first out of many lifes that will be taken in this challenge.
Lets have a moment of silence for the brave Ðrihan who dared enter a battleground while lagging.

Last edited:
Maybe he doesn’t show up because of very long inactivity. If api finds him then he’s still alive.

Edit: everyone, you have time until Wednesday to add your HCs or regular chars if you didn’t do it yet and want to be in the next update
I dont want to be cocky, but why you added "Maratian" in this list? He navent applied in this thread and he is not even "alive" :p
Where can we see his character stats and track? Just to check if he really has that "things" showed in the Rankings.

I dont want to be cocky, but why you added "Maratian" in this list? He navent applied in this thread and he is not even "alive" :p
Where can we see his character stats and track? Just to check if he really has that "things" showed in the Rankings.

I added him because he’s one of the well known top scoring people. And you can check it in the api yourself, or I can do it for you on Wednesday.

If api finds him then he’s still alive.
I agree that he's probably "in there":

1-search.png

2-chars.png

3-results.png

...since there are two not actually "showing". Over a dozen other characters listed are similarly "in Limbo". ;)

Where can we see his character stats and track?
While I don't see the need to "audit" anyone, @Kaløyan kinda' has a point. People are curious about what cool achievements other characters have, and should be able to "inspect" them if they're listed.

I realize it awfully easy for us to make "requests" when we're not the ones doing the work... but wouldn't it be better to scrape the "scores" from the Armory pages instead of relying on the (somewhat inaccurate, occasionally "zombifying") API?

Just post all the top guys from this "api" thing and make a Scoreboard - HKs, Achievs, etc.
There is no point to ask us to be listed. Just make the whole list :)

It doesn’t work like that

@Sin'dor I’m on the phone rn, but as far as I understand, you’re proposing getting points off people’s armory page instead of API? I could look into that. That could fix the achievement scores being inconsistent, but a new problem emerges: if someone’s armory is ded (example being Maratian here), then I will get no response and that person would be skipped. That doesn’t sound like a big deal - if your armory is dead, you’re retired or deleted your char, right?

It doesn’t work like that

@Sin'dor I’m on the phone rn, but as far as I understand, you’re proposing getting points off people’s armory page instead of API? I could look into that. That could fix the achievement scores being inconsistent, but a new problem emerges: if someone’s armory is ded (example being Maratian here), then I will get no response and that person would be skipped. That doesn’t sound like a big deal - if your armory is dead, you’re retired or deleted your char, right?
If you are ded, you are ded :p Thats how the Universe works. But he have achievements, good. But where can we see them? If its not in the main WoW Armory, then they dont exist, IMO. Nobody can see them. He is not in the official WoW world anymore. And not just Maratian... a few more guys in this list.

Last edited:
[...] you’re proposing getting points off people’s armory page instead of API? [...] That could fix the achievement scores being inconsistent, but a new problem emerges: if someone’s armory is ded [...], then I will get no response and that person would be skipped.
Sounds promising! :D

To be fair, I think the most "ideal" approach would be:
  1. Proper "ranking" requires a score scraped from an accessible Armory™ page,
  2. ...but also that "ded" Armory™ pages (whatever the reason: inactivity, account service, website bug, etc.) should be listed on a subsequent "Sidelined Characters" ranking if the API still returns a score for them.
That way the "Ranked" all have accurate scores and can be inspected, inactive legends aren't "forgotten", and temporary Armory™ issues can be easily recognized as such. ;)

Back from Scotland, updated :)

Added Hey, Ki, Nodeaths and Thunned, hope I didn't skip anyone. Congratulations to @Coliz on becoming our rank1 hardcore character!

I didn't get down to fixing the overshooting check for character-only rankings, so it will stay smaller than it should until hopefully next time.

As always, lmk if any bugs pop up!

Users who are viewing this thread