F2P Twinking - Extras Guide

Thanks a lot for all the input! The SM news it's quite amazing, I never expected that to be possible with all the websites like wowhead saying that SM level requirement is 21. That means that NOW we can kill the Headless Horseman, and we can complete all of the Halloween achievements. I'm gonna update everything according to that :D

-No Argent Dawn rep at this level, the mobs that gave it no longer exist phased to us outside higher level instances.

-Draenei racial tabard, I say racial because the pre-quest requires it. It's called Tabard of the Hand.

-Paladin level 20 mount.

-Warlock level 20 mount.

I'm pretty sure we won't be able to get the HH mount, but we will have to wait and see. Last few years seasonal bosses have given bags/pumpkins/kegs to prevent farming and ninjaing presumably. The result being the chances of us getting it are pretty much zero. I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

- Companions list updated to reflect both Alliance and Horde

- Argent Dawn rep achievement removed

- Draenei and Scarlet Monastery tabards added

- Paladin and Warlock mounts added

- About the HH, last year he was still dropping everything with no bag if I'm right, so I say we keep the list as it is until we see what happens next october? Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to be able to grab the Halloween title ^^

It's great to see so much feedback, please keep correcting any mistakes you see :)

Aradiel said:
-No Argent Dawn rep at this level, the mobs that gave it no longer exist phased to us outside higher level instances. presumably.

He's right with Argent Dawn, however we can get Argent Crusade reputation from mobs to exalted. I have done it myself to exalted BEFORE we could buy JP rep tokens.

Dargeron said:
- Companions list updated to reflect both Alliance and Horde

- Argent Dawn rep achievement removed

- Draenei and Scarlet Monastery tabards added

- Paladin and Warlock mounts added

- About the HH, last year he was still dropping everything with no bag if I'm right, so I say we keep the list as it is until we see what happens next october? Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to be able to grab the Halloween title ^^

It's great to see so much feedback, please keep correcting any mistakes you see :)

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, I just don't think it's possible. We will certainly find out soon enough. If we can get the HH mount, we can also get the love rocket. I never got the rocket myself, while HH was farmed to death, I could never find a group wanting to for some reason.

-You missed the 250k HK achieve, even though you listed all the others.

Hiidden said:
He's right with Argent Dawn, however we can get Argent Crusade reputation from mobs to exalted. I have done it myself to exalted BEFORE we could buy JP rep tokens.

AC rep from BC/Cat mobs? We can't go to NR. Not that I'd personally bother without the title.

Aradiel said:
AC rep from BC/Cat mobs? We can't go to NR. Not that I'd personally bother without the title.

No idea what NR is but we can get AC from cata mobs. And pre shattering we could get argent dawn. They kinda switched mobs and then switched rep aswell.

AC = Argent Crusade, I just shortened it. Good to know Cat mobs still give AC rep, and I like the idea of AD and the title too if that's possible.

How are we able to get Cenarion Expedition rep? I would be so endlessly happy with that title, I know you can grind out Cen Circle, but I wasn't aware of any method to do the expedition

Since we have no access to mail with F2P accounts I don't see how the Store bought pets and mounts can be obtained. I might be wrong though cause I have not spent money to test this. For that matter has anyone tried the Trading Card Rewards on thier F2P accounts?

Wosted said:
Since we have no access to mail with F2P accounts I don't see how the Store bought pets and mounts can be obtained. I might be wrong though cause I have not spent money to test this. For that matter has anyone tried the Trading Card Rewards on thier F2P accounts?

I haven't had experience with trading cards. BUT, i did accidentally disenchant my Spaulders of the Hero. The Gm just mailed it to me without checking to see if I was a trial account. I decided to check the mailbox anyway, and I was able to receive the mail from blizzard customer service. This might lend some truth to the tcg loot cards/store items working

About TCG and Store items, I've been told that F2P accounts can still receive them. Anyway, I shall be able to check that by myself when I get home in about 1 week.

As for the HH, any mob should be possible to kill with the proper help from P2P accounts.

Finally, getting to Exalted with Cenarion Expedition is probably the most insanely difficult thing that could ever be attempted as a F2P twink... but as far as I know, it is possible. The way to do it would be to grind Ethereum Prison Keys (of course, since we cannot trade, we would have to farm them by ourselves with help, unlike other twinks), in order to spawn the only single mob that we can kill to get the reputation to Exalted. I've heard the average amount of keys required for that is about 4000... so good luck. Seems to be possible, still.

Dargeron said:
About TCG and Store items, I've been told that F2P accounts can still receive them. Anyway, I shall be able to check that by myself when I get home in about 1 week.

As for the HH, any mob should be possible to kill with the proper help from P2P accounts.

Finally, getting to Exalted with Cenarion Expedition is probably the most insanely difficult thing that could ever be attempted as a F2P twink... but as far as I know, it is possible. The way to do it would be to grind Ethereum Prison Keys (of course, since we cannot trade, we would have to farm them by ourselves with help, unlike other twinks), in order to spawn the only single mob that we can kill to get the reputation to Exalted. I've heard the average amount of keys required for that is about 4000... so good luck. Seems to be possible, still.

Why they couldnt just have it be a mob grind i don't know D; I'm crying inside because I know that nobody, no matter how much of a friend, would ever grind 4000 prison keys for me

Sadly, I've confirmed that TCG and Store items cannot be redeemed on Starter Edition accounts. I've deleted from the list all the previously displayed companions, mounts and tabards that can't be obtained therefore .

These achievements are horde only I think.

Quest - Kalimdor

Glutton for Icy Punishment

Glutton for Fiery Punishment

Glutton for Shadowy Punishment

Users who are viewing this thread