F2P Twinking - Extras Guide

The level 55 oozes are neutral. They only aggro if you fail a pickpocket, which is why you'd need a lot of hit. It's not impossible but you'd have better luck farming a macaw or firefly.

KainUFC said:
Anybody gotten a disgusting ooze yet?

Pussipiru said:
Considering you can only get it off level 50+ mobs now, I don't think a lot of F2P toons have bothered to try.

Naeomie said:
There are level 20-24 mobs that have a .1% chance of dropping the bags. Or if you had a lot of hit rating you could try pick pocketing the level 55's. Now that you've mentioned it, in a week or so everyone will have one.

I farmed a Dark Whelpling, I'm up for the oozeling grind, pickpocketing or not

Most people get their ooze in ~80 bags. So it's going to take you 80 times longer (or more) to get it from low levels than it will farming any other rare pet in the game. I'm not even sure if it's worth pick pocketing the level 55's with 6% chance to loot it considering you'll be missing and getting aggro 80% of the time and it will take you a minute or longer to drop aggro assuming you don't die.

Doing things because they're difficult is the reason many of us do them in the first place. I support your pet hunt. I like collecting myself, but this one is pretty low on my priority list right now. I'd probably say the WC pet/swiftness recipe are my main goals. Also a set for TM in 4.3, but I haven't taken those too seriously. I've also been trying to win the BB comp and get the +5 line afterwards. I managed to get the rare for the achieve too, even got two of them, but we can't use them at 20 to DW fish, so I vendored them.

Aradiel said:
Doing things because they're difficult is the reason many of us do them in the first place. I support your pet hunt. I like collecting myself, but this one is pretty low on my priority list right now. I'd probably say the WC pet/swiftness recipe are my main goals. Also a set for TM in 4.3, but I haven't taken those too seriously. I've also been trying to win the BB comp and get the +5 line afterwards. I managed to get the rare for the achieve too, even got two of them, but we can't use them at 20 to DW fish, so I vendored them.

way back i did tried the BB 4 times...won the first two and did two more just to have all 3 rare fish. (also got the AGM in 15 attempts) dam if i'm having any of that luck this time around. :/

i saw the engineering pet last night, should have needed it in hindsight, but didn't want to be an *ss.

I also got the engineering pet schematic while chasing the WC pet. I kill them solo, or get external help from people not interested in the lowbie drops themselves, so I have no loot competition. The funny thing is, before I was sure I actually wanted to bother leveling alchemy, I saw swiftness recipe drop. I did the same thing, passed on it because I didn't really need it at the time. I regret that now, since it's actually quite difficult to get. Back then I was tanking a lot of randoms for the belt and cape. I just assumed it would drop again if I did end up with alchemy. It hasn't so far.

Edit: Got the WC pet just now.

Pussipiru said:
The following are in the list but are unobtainable by F2P characters:

• To All The Squirrels I've Loved Before - Some critters are only present in Northrend (such as the Borean Frog).
  • Sous Chef - Not possible for Alliance (the maximum you can get is 95 including world events and Kurenai/Sporeggar recipes). May be possible for Horde.
  • Explore Cataclysm - Deepholme is unavailable to BC-level accounts, see Tooh87's posts below.

I have 92 on my alliance character, and still need the one from Sporerggar, so that's 93. There's 8 seasonal recipes, so that's 101. Definitely obtainable by alliance, and presumably by horde too.

Aradiel said:
I have 92 on my alliance character, and still need the one from Sporerggar, so that's 93. There's 8 seasonal recipes, so that's 101. Definitely obtainable by alliance, and presumably by horde too.

That number probably includes the 2 starter recipes you get when you learn Cooking, which do not count towards the achievement. Still, your end result is higher than mine, I'll try to figure this out when I have the time.

[update]

I think the difference comes from me overlooking the Pilgrim's Bounty recipes and Dig Rat Stew. That makes it:

• 2 starter recipes, these don't count towards the achievement
  • 83 recipes "legally" obtainable by any F2P alliance character
  • 5 Pilgrim's Bounty recipes
  • 3 Winter Weil recipes
  • 1 Thistle Tea (rogue only)
  • 1 Dig Rat Stew (no longer available from a vendor, but reportedly drops from level 33–35 mobs in Southern Barrens at a moderately low rate)
  • 7 recipes available with high-level help (Kurenai/Sporeggar reputation)

Which means an alliance rogue with high-level help can indeed get the achievement (100/100, 102 recipes including the starter ones). Others, like your unfortunate Paladin, will end up at 99/100 (101 total). Further comments or corrections are welcome.

By tracking the achievement, I have 92/100. Then there's the 8 seasonal recipes. That's 100. Sporeggar makes it 101. I didn't count the recipes in my spellbook.

Thanks, you're right, I checked my achievement status after maintenance and it now displays the same number Wowhead and Ackis Recipe List do. With the two extra recipes, the achievement is obtainable to anyone with high-level help. I'm updating my original post again.

Firstly, this is an excellent F2P guide. All the pointless novelty junk I like collecting listed in one place. That said, a lot of it is wrong and needs to be updated.

Brew of the Year - Sample 12 beers featured in the Brew of the Month club. (10)

^

That's actually impossible because it doesn't just prevent trial accounts from using the mailbox, it's completely disabled. Even if someone sends you mail you can't see it. I have mail from "The Postmaster" and GM tickets from when i was offline and i can't view them.

Naeomie said:
Brew of the Year - Sample 12 beers featured in the Brew of the Month club. (10)

^

That's actually impossible because it doesn't just prevent trial accounts from using the mailbox, it's completely disabled. Even if someone sends you mail you can't see it. I have mail from "The Postmaster" and GM tickets from when i was offline and i can't view them.

Wrong. While it's not possible to retrieve the mail, it is possible to buy the brews from your faction's vendor, once you've joined the club that is. Enjoy that mail icon on your map bar for over a year.

Users who are viewing this thread