EU+US F2P picture thread

I did feralas resort without flying or cannon. Were no gliders back then either. Only 1 time use Gnomeregan parachute. Had to use a bunch of tricks to do things.
What? Where did you wall climb it? I tried but just couldn't find a place to get a foothold.

And to be fair, it's tempting to just say screw it and shoot over obstacles

What? Where did you wall climb it? I tried but just couldn't find a place to get a foothold.

And to be fair, it's tempting to just say screw it and shoot over obstacles

It's 5 years now but looking at the pictures. I was solo for that one and goblin for the rocket, i'll log in and check where I might have ascended.

Edit:

@Chops
Still possible without any gadgets, didnt even need rocket jump.

Edit edit edit: would add a picture but doesn't seem to work, I miss TI fk this site. Anyway you ascend at Darkmist Ruins.

Edit edit edit edit edit edit: Ill just throw in a link.
https://imgur.com/a/AYag5Lu
first f2p on this rock

Last edited:
This makes me miss the old days in Vanilla and BC of exploring and going places like GM Island and sorts.

And when you'd actually run into Gms in game. :p

Lol I think that's the exact same rock i just launched over...

Hope not, if you got that far its pretty obvious you can just walk the rest of the way :p Also the angle is kinda messed up so most likely unless u can hit that rock your going on a 300 yard trip into the jungle deep below :p

Challenge accepted.
rock.jpg

And one goblin glider later...
resort.jpg

So cool thanks for the tips!

So I'm opening a new challenge for F2P!

And a risky one.

Let's find GM Island, in 2k18.

Never done Trial of Style, tbh.

Is it doable on a pure F2P? o_O;

That's awesome. :D

A shame can't sneak into BWL.

Sometimes I wonder why they bother having level restrictions for instances.

Not only would it be neat for exploring and seeing what one can get away with, it'd also be neat to try and take on higher level content with twinked characters.

Hell, 40 level 20 F2Ps getting together to kill some trash mobs in Vanilla raids would be entertaining.

@Celax the raid enterance up there is into BRD, but I agree it would be cool to allow all characters into any instance. This used to be the case for a lot of raids and was how I was able to get precious ribbon for my druid. Back in WoD we did a f2p DK raid of all the vanilla raids with 10 f2ps and the help of some 100s.

Sometimes I wonder why they bother having level restrictions for instances.

Not only would it be neat for exploring and seeing what one can get away with, it'd also be neat to try and take on higher level content with twinked characters.

Hell, 40 level 20 F2Ps getting together to kill some trash mobs in Vanilla raids would be entertaining.

I think the hang up is that Blizzard seems very bent on giving players a sense of progression through the leveling process. And if I'm being honest with myself, I genuinely support that even if it means F2P have less content to engage with. From a story telling perspective it makes sense.

It's the reason you cant deal with the world affecting questlines of Blackrock Mountain and its various raids until you deal with the local threats of the Defias or Lord Godfrey. As a progressive narrative, it just makes sense.

What I would like to see (and I think is coming in a few xpacs) is setting up pre-req quest lines. So you can go adventure in STV when you hit lvl 30 if you want. But if you complete the questlines in Duskwood that breadcrumb to STV, you can unlock STV regardless of what level you are. And if, while leveling in STV, you hit 40, you can choose to go to Badlands. OR you can complete all the quests in Loch Modan/Wetlands that kinda set up the Uldaman dungeon and you unlock the Badlands, even if your level 20.

Users who are viewing this thread