How about Scaling Everyone 1 to 60?

LecolaEU

Grandfathered
I mean Everyone! Do you remember Legion Event? We killed demons with all level range players together. How about Raids, Dungeons, World, Battlegrounds, Quests... You name it. No More bracket thing! Every player get same skills till lvl 61 without level distriction. When you meet a lvl60 enemy player in Eastern Plaguelands with your lvl 19, you won't be an insect anymore. Scale and fight!

You may find this idea stupid but this game is stupid enough with this ILVL system. It's not a complete system. I say they should return to old item system or complete their half assed scaling system.

What do you think?

Edit1// Guild Wars 2 PVP system was something like that as i read. I haven't got chance to play GW2. If anyone got some experiences about pvp scaling and share, I'd be happy.

Last edited:
It sounds good to me but how would BGs and other pvp instances come about?
The number of spells for newer players/lower level players vs high level players

how about no
Do you prefer old item system or this semi scale(half assed)system nowadays? Thanks for answer.

The number of spells for newer players/lower level players vs high level players
I've already answered that bro. I belive we should have standard skill/spell kit till level 61. Let's call it 'starter skills'. Instead of x0-x9 brackets we should have 1 big bracket in bg's for Classic WoW part.
Every player get same skills till lvl 61 without level distriction.

BGs and other pvp instances
If developers love item level thing and find old itemization system too 'complex' (I still love old system. Do you remember the days tanks had to organize Block Value, Block Chance, Dodge, Parry, Armor, Expertise, Hit, Stamina and even Crit to keep aggro? It was great!) Let the developers use this ilvl thing to scale everything till lvl 61. Lvl 10 character with ilvl 15, VS Lvl 60 character with ilvl 70... Scale and Fight!

Last edited:
Ok let me take you on a deeper level with the spells.
A lvl 60 generally has a lot of spells.
A new players to world of Warcraft a lvl 1, would he have all those spells to deal with? I think he would be overwhelmed.
I mean if you get all your spells say level 10 and those are your “starter skills” that might be too much for a new player.

Then again next expansion is gonna be more pruned. They could prune spells at 60 to be much less than yeah it could fit with this idea of “starter skills”

If i remember correctly in SWTOR you were all playing in same bracket, from 10 to 60.
And then endgame was its own bracket.

While you didnt unlock any spells and higher levels had better toolkit,the damage was adjusted so you can actually hurt the higher levels.

It would deffo boost the pops,but seeing how blizzard is too lazy to adjust the endgame stat table,this would be too much to swallow for them.

No.

would he have all those spells to deal with? I think he would be overwhelmed.
This is Shaman spell list in old school wow: https://classicdb.ch/?spells=7.7#0+2+1
There're nearly 50 spells (including different spell ranks/lower ranks were never useless) till LvL 25. Did new shaman players feel overhelmed 14 years ago? Maybe... There were tons of clickers and keyboard turners. But some of these players learned keybinding, macros and how to handle all these complex abilities and this made them GOOD player. This game's turning into 3 button MOBA garbage. Let's say we get 20 abilities (without talents) till 61. Is this too much?

As I see it, the problem with scaling is that it removes any incentive to twink in the first place. Who's going to spend lots of time and/or gold for best-in-slot gear if it's just going to be auto-adjusted when combat unfolds?

On the flip side, the benefit of scaling is that it removes most of the incentive behind griefing. 110's who hang out in lowbie areas to one-shot people who can't possibly fight back, and to give their in-game experience perpetual grief by killing quest-givers and flight masters, are dog-shit human beings who ought to be skull-fucked with a barbed-wire wrapped baseball bat. In my humble opinion, of course :)

Overall, I don't think Blizzard has any incentive to implement any sort of auto-fairness mechanism out in the game world because I'm guessing a large portion of their revenue comes from narcissistic and/or sadistic players who, for just 2-cents per hour, have 24/7 access to a pool of 'victims' who have zero remedy in response to griefing. Profit before ethics, right?

So, I think it's a good idea in response to the problem it's intended to remedy, but a bad idea in that it introduces yet another problem that would then be in need of a solution. I don't know what the answer is to griefing, but I know what it isn't: a level playing field where all advantages are auto-tuned away when combat begins. This, I think, is why most of non-rated, non-instanced pvp is going to hell in WoW: stat templates based on ilvl alone. Outside of twinking and try-hard contexts, you can literally bg naked and do as much damage as someone in fully level appropriate questing and dungeon gear. Talk about destroying motivation :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread