F2P 10v10 Summer Premades!

Grats guys. GGs both sides. Was a good nail-biter at the end. I realize that melee classes would likely get blown up, and are at a disadvantage for positioning, but would it be worth it to require some melee spots on each team, just to add some flavor to the games? Rogues would be sort of a wasted slot for these long clashes, but sure would keep the teams on their toes with stacks if each team had one. Really, this is not something I'm that familiar with, just asking about the possibilities for future games.

I think that even in a midfield clash melee can be effective, especially in free to play due to the lack of BM monk in premades. At 19s, BM monks negate the movement of melee characters and can punish them with clashes/constant slows into burst. At F2P though there movement is not nearly as hindered, classes like arms/prot paly/rogues can shine in these premades, but it still requires a competent player behind the keyboard to look for the correct positioning. At this point i do not mind taking a melee or two on teams, it is something that needs to be tested etc, just players should have an understanding that they are melee ad the majority of dps most the time will be ranged in a midfield setting, positioning will be key to their success!

Unfortunately, this is what HB feared the most. The amount of people that are interested. I've talked to HB about this and he's going to try his best to fill in the spots after the first week.

The coordination needed for this is kinda a giant pain, and would lead to what many of us fear most...waiting for hours to get 1 game in of midfield moron behavior.

-Goldenclaw/Imperialeaf

Rosters have been updated! Those players that are playing in Week 2 of premades that wish to stream post your stream in the thread i will add it to the OP!

Not sure if this has already been asked, but how do you handle hybrid classes that can heal and DPS? For example, could two Disc. Priests queue if there were already two other healers? In this case you would effectively have four healers, even if one Disc. Priest was dedicated to DPS, their off heals/absorbs could be significant and therefore considered against the rules.

Not sure if this has already been asked, but how do you handle hybrid classes that can heal and DPS? For example, could two Disc. Priests queue if there were already two other healers? In this case you would effectively have four healers, even if one Disc. Priest was dedicated to DPS, their off heals/absorbs could be significant and therefore considered against the rules.

At this point, if a player is specced as a healer role (ie. Disc, Holy, Resto) they are considered a healer!

2 Part Post Inc!

Tonight we had 3 games... let me reiterate that one more time... THREE 10v10 F2P SYNCED PREMADES!!! Every game tonight was competitive and variations of comps were used on both sides and a lot of new faces that did not come the first week! Both factions seemed to have good time throughout the course of the games, this is great news launching into next week!

Now.. My promised Strongly Worded Statement....

Although we had Great success tonight, if it was not for the EXTREME patience of players on both factions, we would not have had the games tonight. We did not start the first game until close to 9 30 est... I am extremely grateful that everyone was on board and committed to get games to happen tonight, but by no means will this situation ever happen again.

Starting Now - If you cannot attend the premade, and do not get in contact with me 24 hours before the premade (I.E. Saturday 8pm est) you will not be allowed to be a part of the premades for two consecutive weeks. It is essential that if you cannot make it to the games that you private message me here on TwinkInfo to let me know you cannot make it for whatever reason. Thankfully this week we had multiple players step up and change classes to make the games possible tonight, but this will not happen again in the future!

To go along with this, players that sign up for a specific week and are not selected will be placed under reserves list, having first "dibs" to open available premade spots on the day of!

To close the post tonight, I would like to reiterate the success we had with the three games tonight, thanks for both teams being flexible and patient tonight, in the end the hard work paid off! I will upload the premade videos to my stream when i get a chance! Signup thread for next week will be posted tomorrow! - HB

Edit: Sidenote, when we actually got both factions organized and began syncing queues, only took about 15 minutes to get each game going, which is great news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see these games going on! I'm hoping this activity keeps up & eventually expands to include some weekdays! Gettin' all kinds of jealous watching the games after the fact!

Big shoutout to [MENTION=11761]Hunnybuns19[/MENTION] for making this shit happen. We have tried to do this since the START of F2P back in Cata and never made it work. Congratulations on getting this bracket into some sick premades! Love watching the VODs and hope to be able to participate soon!

This event is awesome. I have participated in two of them. The only thing that is a downfall of it is getting the teams together and making sure its a complete sync.

Users who are viewing this thread