“Experience points can no longer be disabled in current expansion content”

Doesnt that scenario go "ok, invite me" and then you dont have to swap timelines?
Not unless that's a Bug too. I tried that last night with a Guildee on one of my 10's and his 41. I still had to head to Chromie and pick the correct Timeline to be capable of Dungeon queing with him.

I know, and I'm not really harping on you about it - just offering that this is a legitimate service gripe, not an "XP-thing".
Both you and he have noted that you can stay in Chromie Time after 48, just that when you try to access SL content and go back to Chromie time, its a problem.

To cut a widely used feature
there are dozens of us! DOZENS!
Not unless that's a Bug too. I tried that last night with a Guildee on one of my 10's and his 41. I still had to head to Chromie and pick the correct Timeline to be capable of Dungeon queing with him.
Ive been able to que across different phases and time lines carrying my twinks, so that seems kinda wild.

just that when you try to access SL content and go back to Chromie time, its a problem.

Nononono.... once you hit 48 she wont talk to you anymore. You cant change your given timeline. If there's no point in talking to her to access chromie time then what's the point of chromie time to begin with? Axe that instead, it's NO feature.

there are dozens of us! DOZENS!

Locked XP, not locked 49. You know what I meant. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Both you and he have noted that you can stay in Chromie Time after 48, just that when you try to access SL content and go back to Chromie time, its a problem.
No, it's the QUEST that's causing the problem, the force-auto accepted breadcrumb Quest. You can abandon and if you're quick enough talk to Chromie and get back into the Timeline of your choice. One of my 49's has never stepped foot into any SL Zones nor done a single Quest and also has the problem.

You cant even return to the present timeline, can you @DeLindsay ? So you cant roll older content, you lose out on legacy mode. So you effectively trade legacy mode for literally no mode... or "locked chromie mode" which kinda sucks tbh.

Quite descriptive of a bug not intention.

So then you call glitching into XPon bgs with your XP locked by that exploit.... "intended"? Cuz that's what its akin to.
thinking you missed the point...

Im confused because you're saying when you hit 48 you cant leave your timeline and Delindsay is saying you cant get back into your timeline.

So Im kinda getting mixed messages about what happpens

You cant change it. You cant use it. She wont give you dialogue and her little hourglass icon on your minimap is gone.

She treats you like a 50, even though you're still supposed to be able to use her. You're not kicked out, just stuck.

edit- xp locked or xp unlocked, its the same. It's not an XP thing its a blizz sucks at everything thing. The ire at it being called a minor bug is that yes, you can level past it - and they'd prefer that over actually fixing it like they should.

@Chops allow me to clarify. The moment you hit 48 and the Quest Shadowlands: A Chilling Summons flashes across your screen and is a force auto-accepted, Chromie refuses to do anything other than return you to your normal Timeline.

You can abandon said Quest (before doing any part of it) and very quickly talk to Chromie and jump into another Timeline. But if it pops up while you're clicking on her and before she gives you the options for Chromie Time, she won't allow you to do anything.

IF you already completed that Quest and went into ICC and then The Maw, there is no option or work around to get into Chromie Time as you have no Quest to abandon. Level 48 or 49, XPOff or XPOn makes no difference.

The 'Bug' is that Chromie won't allow Level 48+ back into Chromie Time due to the SL Breadcrumb Quest, regardless of XPOff or XPOn and even if you've never done anything in regards to SL.

@Chops allow me to clarify. The moment you hit 48 and the Quest Shadowlands: A Chilling Summons flashes across your screen and is a force auto-accepted, Chromie refuses to do anything other than return you to your normal Timeline.
Ok, so when you said you cant get back into your timeline, you misspoke. fair enough. It happens.

So the issue is that once you hit 48, you cant go from WOD to TBC or from Panda to Cata? That seems silly.

Not that you've locked XP, wanna go play in SL but then come back and go back into Chromie Time. Which seems to be working as intended.

I just hopped onto my 49 and it was still locked in bastion... and that damn rare will still not drop me an epic belt!

I just hopped onto my 49 and it was still locked in bastion... and that damn rare will still not drop me an epic belt!
I really want to go for Achievements and stuff on my 1, but scared if blizzard fixes this and takes all that banked xp and just destroys us somehow.

At the same time, don't want to miss any GFd achievements or items incase blizzard does fix it, but not punish players who already went there.

Users who are viewing this thread