EU+US Experience gains with XP turned OFF

Derpyhooves

Grandfathered
I noticed today as I turned in quests on my XP OFF toon that I still received ~100ish experience per turn in. When I turned my XP back on in preparation for my sub expiring tomorrow, I noticed my experience bar was quite a bit further a long than what it had been prior to me turning it off.

Is this Blizz's way of screwing vets when they sub again?

I noticed today as I turned in quests on my XP OFF toon that I still received ~100ish experience per turn in. When I turned my XP back on in preparation for my sub expiring tomorrow, I noticed my experience bar was quite a bit further a long than what it had been prior to me turning it off.

Hrm, I haven't noticed anything but I'll see if I can recreate it.

Were you getting XP from replay quests?

test this for me because I've done like well over 100 quests and am now mortified to turn my xp back on to see

Anyone been able to test this? I know some of mine are very close to levelling already without this putting a spanner in the works.

If ptr is up I can check later today on 2 chars.. one who has done them and one who hasn’t party synced.
ptr is good to check if you’re worried/unsubbed. You can still copy your unsubbed account toons onto the ptr server FYI. You will see your XP as if you had a sub when doing so I think. Unless there’s wierd banking that doesn’t get copied over but, PTR copies battered lockbox contents so it should be legit.

Isn't there that xp reduction debuff when doing partied content with someone that has their xp off in a party, like 95% reduction or whatever. Maybe that reduction is overriding the regular experience off debuff and giving you experience (at a really small amount) instead of nullifying all experience gains like before? If that's the case its probably a bug(hopefully). I doubt vet toons that are unsubbed would be affected.

No. I was questing alone in hillsbrad.
[doublepost=1569518767,1569518668][/doublepost]
Isn't there that xp reduction debuff when doing partied content with someone that has their xp off in a party, like 95% reduction or whatever. Maybe that reduction is overriding the regular experience off debuff and giving you experience (at a really small amount) instead of nullifying all experience gains like before? If that's the case its probably a bug(hopefully). I doubt vet toons that are unsubbed would be affected.
I thought about this, too. Maybe a ticket is in order. I'd hate to see a bunch of classic twinks get leveled all of a sudden!
[doublepost=1569518810][/doublepost]
If this is the case can’t u just ask a gm to turn off ur xp before u resub?
Probably, but a pain when you have 10+ twinks.
[doublepost=1569518889][/doublepost]
test this for me because I've done like well over 100 quests and am now mortified to turn my xp back on to see
I'm in the same boat. My druid is 2 bars from leveling.

Just though I would give my second-hand input on this.

Tricks and I unlocked XP this morning for testing purposes. I knew I wouldn't gain anything, as I have not quested since the patch at all.

He said that he has been grinding quests the last few days (so I imagine post-patch) and has not gained any experience after unlocking either. Could it have been a day 1 bug in the patch?

Twinks are not intended in bgs with levellers. Veteran accounts are pretty much fully decked out twinks hiding behind starter restrictions. Do you not think it is strange how you had to leave your experience on before your subscription ended to queue for battlegrounds. Blizzard did not intend for people to twink out their veteran starter accounts to the gills so they can stomp levellers just like the twinks they seperated.
Obviously Blizzard got enough complaints from levellers and they finally did something about it, forcing veteran accounts to leave their xp off, leaving them unable to get into battlegrounds.

With all that being said, I personally think retail is a complete joke for twinking, this new patch especially allowing high levels to queue into lower level brackets, allowing unplayable classes to that level bracket into the battleround.

Also f2p accounts coming back to mainstream I would be all for as well.

Anyways I am not trolling, I already promised to never do that again.

Just giving my 2 cents.

Twinks are not intended in bgs with levellers. Veteran accounts are pretty much fully decked out twinks hiding behind starter restrictions. Do you not think it is strange how you had to leave your experience on before your subscription ended to queue for battlegrounds. Blizzard did not intend for people to twink out their veteran starter accounts to the gills so they can stomp levellers just like the twinks they seperated.
Obviously Blizzard got enough complaints from levellers and they finally did something about it, forcing veteran accounts to leave their xp off, leaving them unable to get into battlegrounds.

With all that being said, I personally think retail is a complete joke for twinking, this new patch especially allowing high levels to queue into lower level brackets, allowing unplayable classes to that level bracket into the battleround.

Also f2p accounts coming back to mainstream I would be all for as well.

Anyways I am not trolling, I already promised to never do that again.

Just giving my 2 cents.
good to see you're back to being your old contradictive self.

good to see you're back to being your old contradictive self.

Look under my username it clearly says "Classic tink", I am playing classic wow right now just like I said I would, don't see what you mean.

Neon: blizzard obviously doesn't want twinks in BGs, you shouldn't be there because of your gear advantage

Also Neon: I'm going to play the version of the game where twinking is still a thing and the gap between twinks and levelers is even larger

don't see what you mean.
of course you don't, you never do.

I'm not going to bother posting all the screenshots that everyone else has posted, you're not worth my energy anymore.

I will however post this one because this ones personal

upload_2019-9-26_15-40-29.png

with all do respect, get the fuck out of my retail threads.

Neon: blizzard obviously doesn't want twinks in BGs, you shouldn't be there because of your gear advantage

Also Neon: I'm going to play the version of the game where twinking is still a thing and the gap between twinks and levelers is even larger

Yeah just like it was intended, the difference between the games is veteran twinking was obviously not intended in battlegrounds , and Blizzard does not care in classic.

Users who are viewing this thread