US Exactly what drives people away from 19s

Disc has always been a spec best played aggressively. What do you see as inherently wrong with a healing spec that has an aggressive nature?

I think being aggressive should put you at risk of dying. Shields in general are quite an imbalanced concept of instant cast, pre-healing with zero counter-play and disc priests have this in an unmatched form.

Don't get me wrong i think they are cool as hell. But playing in random BG's with disc priests that take a healer spot and only dps/ heal themselves is frustrating.

I think being aggressive should put you at risk of dying. Shields in general are quite an imbalanced concept of instant cast, pre-healing with zero counter-play and disc priests have this in an unmatched form.

Don't get me wrong i think they are cool as hell. But playing in random BG's with disc priests that take a healer spot and only dps/ heal themselves is frustrating.
I don't think anyone will disagree with the first statement.

There is counterplay to it though. Aside from dispelling, which is something that doesn't exist at 19s because that's what you all signed up for, you can bait his shield on someone else and then switch to the Priest and blow him up. Chain some CCs on him as the CD is about to go back up and he won't be able to do anything. OP as hell, but not unbeatable.

As for them taking a spot, yeah I guess. How is that different from a DPS going god knows where to look at some flowers though? It's a missing player either way. Except the Disc is technically still doing stuff.

I don't think anyone will disagree with the first statement.

There is counterplay to it though. Aside from dispelling, which is something that doesn't exist at 19s because that's what you all signed up for, you can bait his shield on someone else and then switch to the Priest and blow him up. Chain some CCs on him as the CD is about to go back up and he won't be able to do anything. OP as hell, but not unbeatable.

As for them taking a spot, yeah I guess. How is that different from a DPS going god knows where to look at some flowers though? It's a missing player either way. Except the Disc is technically still doing stuff.

The problem about faking a discs bubble is they don't bubble other people, nor heal. They apply it to themselves. Strictly speaking about the fotm rerollers.

The problem about faking a discs bubble is they don't bubble other people, nor heal. They apply it to themselves. Strictly speaking about the fotm rerollers.
So let them play their solo game and kill everyone else? I don't see the problem here. You could even be fancy and throw some Polymorphs or Fears on them if you don't like their damage output.

Like yeah they're OP, so outplay them? If they don't help their team, exploit it? That's how it has always been no matter what class or spec was OP.

So let them play their solo game and kill everyone else? I don't see the problem here. You could even be fancy and throw some Polymorphs or Fears on them if you don't like their damage output.

Like yeah they're OP, so outplay them? If they don't help their team, exploit it? That's how it has always been no matter what class or spec was OP.

I know what you're trying to say, and i know how 70s are, but this is 19s.
We could run mages to cc the disc.. but look at the picture.. look how many there are.

I really don't understand your argument, you're agreeing that they're op but saying "just outplay them" as if its that simple.

Why do you people actually expect something(anything) from randoms in random bgs? Nobody is entitled to heal you or help you. Explain your logic please

Random bgs or not, I would assume when going into a pvp match you want to win right? With people playing their classes intended that would happen. I give constructive criticism to anyone playing their role wrong to help them out in the long run. It makes sense choosing a healing spec to actually heal.

@Flaxy , do you know if Disc priests remain dominant in 20-29 bracket randoms? I'm really wanting to play Ass rogue (mostly because I find stealth to be best for survivability), but is the power gap between Disc priest and the rest very wide that Disc priest don't die?

"Outplay" them by going to another bracket. That is what I have done. When the problem has fixed itself I will return. They can't defeat me if I am not playing against them.
The problem will either be fixed by BGs being totally filled with disc priests or them being nerfed.

Already have. 29s are pretty fun.

@Flaxy , do you know if Disc priests remain dominant in 20-29 bracket randoms? I'm really wanting to play Ass rogue (mostly because I find stealth to be best for survivability), but is the power gap between Disc priest and the rest very wide that Disc priest don't die?

Disc is still top tier at 29s but manageable due to the cc most classes gain through 20-29 - For example boomkins get their silence, making root+silence easy counterplay.

edit: pretty sure rogues get cheap shot at 28 as well

I really don't understand your argument, you're agreeing that they're op but saying "just outplay them" as if its that simple.
It's the simple truth.

Not wanting to deal with it is, of course, a solution as well. We all play this game for fun, if it's not fun then you go and do something else.

More simple truths I suppose.

Thank blizz for merging xpon with xpoff. 19s cant die now. So I guess 19s will become like the scourge lol. Dead and alive at the same time, the q will pop but you know your games will continue to be hell full of panda levelers.

Thank blizz for merging xpon with xpoff. 19s cant die now. So I guess 19s will become like the scourge lol. Dead and alive at the same time, the q will pop but you know your games will continue to be hell full of panda levelers.

Basically the community is dying while wsg still pops.

A handful of people no longer get to control who plays warsong and who doesn't like they did before August 9th for 19's. That doesn't sound like a dead bracket to me.

Oh by and large priest have had their bubble for a long time and even able to cast it on many targets. The bubble defines the priest like reguv's and ripetide
The priests breaking 100k are generally starting with fel nova. That goes away Tuesday.
Nerf schism - their healing is fine. Their damage is OP, even without fel.
I'd b
I know what you're trying to say, and i know how 70s are, but this is 19s.
We could run mages to cc the disc.. but look at the picture.. look how many there are.

It is that simple. Priest are good but not as op as you think.

When rogues had shadow step and ambush surviving one was nearly impossible, two and you were dead on openers. Everyone played it.

Hunters well they have been the most op class over the years at 19,rogues come in second. Then priest then pally.

Oh by and large priest have had their bubble for a long time and even able to cast it on many targets. The bubble defines the priest like reguv's and ripetide

I'd b

It is that simple. Priest are good but not as op as you think.

When rogues had shadow step and ambush surviving one was nearly impossible, two and you were dead on openers. Everyone played it.

Hunters well they have been the most op class over the years at 19,rogues come in second. Then priest then pally.
When I say years I don't mean last xpac, I mean from BC on up, that's when I first started to twink at this bracket.

I have absolutely no clue who you guys are since I quit playing after twink cup, you seem like a bunch of idiots that are not that good at the game and play the most broken classes and stack any consumable you can get a hold of.
:LUL:S, Yeah.. Alright. We're not good at the game that's why we stomp over anything we come in contact with hahahah makes sense, your logic in on point!

In reference to your oh so stupid remark though about us stacking consumables.. Which makes me wonder how you even have a TC bag? Lolol

@DeLindsay said it best -
Twinking has always been about getting 1 more, as in +1 Stat over what anyone else has.

If you don't believe in this vanilla-like logic behind twinking, you're probably like 16 and just joined wow not long ago huh? Hahaha cause every OG knows it's about getting the upper hand while maintaining a well balanced level of strategic game play.

If you're going to argue with me about using consumables in randoms you've really proven my point that you really are a nobody hahaha cause any real twink.. And I mean the definition of a twink in game, knows and is willing to blow gold on any and everything to get the upper hand or become equal with others. That's part of our vibe, if you can't see that then move along scrub. Otherwise step inside wsg with us and get that ass handed to you like you're used to ;)

If people want 19s as a competitive community and not a bracket to survive they need to organize things, it's that simple. Whether the interest is there from the "usuals" is up for debate, Myrms recent arena events showed that you need try and get people who aren't the "regulars" in events involved if you want it to be successful. Blizzard hit the reset button on competitive 19s after the TC so someone needs to pick up and start from the beginning, it won't be me or The NWL (though i'm not ruling out future 19s events).

I will say that Guild V Guild games are generally the best way to get a stagnant competitive environment flowing again, which in turn will create further room for opportunity, but unless two groups start that up I don't see any hope for competitive 19s any time soon.

If things went perfectly the guilds that still exist currently would be organizing games against each other and heating up the scene until the next Twink Cup, where you may have some of the old core coming back to attempt to re-establish themselves as the dominant people in the bracket.

I don't think there's anything to the situation other than that, people are toxic and negative everywhere on the internet and consumables/class stacking are inevitable.

Tryin' too hard son. Tryin' way too hard. There are easier ways to be hated on this forum.
Trying too hard because I took 2mins to talk shit? I've seen you take more time than that ;) I can assure you I haven't even started trying yet lols. These scrubs ain't ready HeyGuys

Users who are viewing this thread