Everyday chat thread, Posts with pictures.

I got a new hat =D

WoWScrnShot_090112_145604.jpg

Unrelated here but I really just shit my pants quite bad. I booted up the PC and went downstairs to make some food, when I was downstairs I could hear talking upstairs and I was the only one in the house. So I shit bricks going back upstairs to see that the fucking CURSE thing I installed on my PC had fucking ADVERTS that play when you boot your PC up.

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Just disable it at startup then?

Gotta be Raid 0 SSD's like Radio said, dat access time.

No. Just a common Ramdisk. When i will make a new PC i will probably install games on Ramdisk (1 thing- PC will need to be turned on 24/7) and no SSD's will have that speed ;p

When i will make a new PC i will probably install games on Ramdisk (1 thing- PC will need to be turned on 24/7)

First of all your PC won't need to stay on 24/7, if that was the case storing games on a ramdisk wouldn't be an option at all. You can make ramdisks persistent. But even with good software, if anything stops the proces of a ramdisk during boot shit will go wrong.

I don't see why someone would do it though. Performance increase from a ramdisk in games isn't worth it on most games. Only some games benefit from it. Afaik minecraft servers benefit from it in world generating for instance

Users who are viewing this thread