EU EU 19 BGs - Future Wargames

Think of it this way. If a lot of the issues that have a negative impact on the games are not dealt with to the point where we can, in good faith, say that they are at an acceptable level (because PuGs will never be perfect, so there will always be some level of issues), then simply adding an extra day (or more) will only cause further exposure to the same problems, leading to no real improvement to the bracket except for having games for the sake of having games.
I totally get your point. But I think you won´t achieve one without the other. The issues with negative impact that you are talking about are probably mainly class and faction balance problems right? You won´t get people to reroll needed toons, log of their favorite classes or play the opposite faction when they only have a few wsg hours on a specific day of the week. When they have only 2 or 3 hours on a friday (when they can even attend) they will most likely just play what they feel like playing not whats best for overall games. Give them more opportunity to play the game and they will be more willing to play a less favorite class or faction once in a while. Again just talking about myself but I surely won´t put in the work to have a horde char ready when there is only 1 game day which I probably can´t even attend regularly. Because for that one day - when I can make it - I will make sure to play my favorite Faction. Just wanted to give that perspective. Its good that you plan to add another day.

I totally get your point. But I think you won´t achieve one without the other. The issues with negative impact that you are talking about are probably mainly class and faction balance problems right? You won´t get people to reroll needed toons, log of their favorite classes or play the opposite faction when they only have a few wsg hours on a specific day of the week. When they have only 2 or 3 hours on a friday (when they can even attend) they will most likely just play what they feel like playing not whats best for overall games. Give them more opportunity to play the game and they will be more willing to play a less favorite class or faction once in a while. Again just talking about myself but I surely won´t put in the work to have a horde char ready when there is only 1 game day which I probably can´t even attend regularly. Because for that one day - when I can make it - I will make sure to play my favorite Faction. Just wanted to give that perspective. Its good that you plan to add another day.

I love your logic <3

No one cares about the silly "drama" that you guys have going on, as long as we're getting que pops.

Que up on Friday 19:00 Server time everyone. :D

Just to put in my two cents..

I have witnessed a bunch of EU 19s revivals over the years, and the activity of all of them died out, each time, in 1 or 2 months give or take. I don't see how this is going to be any different if not handled differently. I feel like the only reason it's even remotely alive is because people are all at home and don't have shit to do.

Had nothing to do last friday (obviously) and after being spammed by several people to participate in this event, I decided to give it a try and went in with very low expectations. Which has unfortunately been met. I immediately noticed the lack of coordination between the people on both sides which resulted in most of the games being tremendously unbalanced and unplayable. Which caused for people to leave the game, which in turn, resulted in this :
RIhgwsY.png

There were 1 or 2 high quality games, which were very fun and refreshing. I'm not trying to be demotivating by any means, but the 19s community has been put in a UNIQUE POSITION of opportunity because of the current virus/quarantine that it would be a shame to not capitalize on this. People are all at home, the activity potential is through the ROOF.

I'm not trying to throw shade at anyone, I think it's a great initiative of the people responsible for this revival and they're trying their utter best to make it work. I applaud and respect these people. But from my point of view, shit's gonna hit the fan soon.

I feel like the best possible thing for EU 19s to do, is to focus on 10v10 wargames for the time being. I feel like this would give all the interested people a taste of what the pugs could be like. It would spike interest and motivate people to invest more of their time on this project. It would also improve the gameplay of some people (god knows they need it), which in turn will result in better games. Another good thing about this is, you don't have to have gametime to play wargames. So the people at home, hestitant whether to invest their money on this project, get to play some games. Once a good structure and balance between players & classes has been established we can move on to pugs.

If people want to skip this idea all together, I feel like the only logical option would be a VERY "open communication" type collaboration on Discord and Battlenet where everyone that is expected to que up on the designated day, will share all the information about what classes and faction they would like to play so the coordinators can communicate with everyone involved to make the teams as balanced as possible. This will be a lot of work for the coordinators, but they should've known what they were signing up for.

In the end, coordinators can do so much. It all comes down to the people and if they're prepared to take certain actions and make certain sacrifices for the sake of the community to extend the lifespan of this revival as a whole. I hope this post wont get buried under a bunch of useless shit because I don't see anyone else spitting facts like these.

I also want to do some shoutouts to people I have seen put in an effort to make this revival work. I'm kind of out of the loop of this community as I have always been, so please forgive me if I forget to name anyone important.

@Bestworld Actively coordinating on Discord and Ingame.
@Spellpower Taking the initiative on this thread etc.
@Nature In the fery few games I had with this guy, he was always very actively communicating with his team in /bg chat doing his utter best to make games as competitive as possible.
@V idk her xpoff, has been actively trying to get people to que up
@Dave he carryin games

pce

No one cares about the silly "drama" that you guys have going on, as long as we're getting que pops.

Que up on Friday 19:00 Server time everyone. :D

NA can focus on their revival, while EU focus on theirs.

I understand some players play both NA and EU, but please do not discourage each other's efforts of reviving your bracket.

You have both done a great job at FINALLY establishing pops in BFA. Share the love and stop this drama. I do not want to have to lock both revival threads due to derailing.

Reminder to queue WSG Specific tomorrow, Friday at 19:00 English Realm Time!

Look to fix faction balancing as much as possible, and as soon as possible in order to get good quality games!

Important notes from past games are:

1) Too many rogues (both factions)
2) Too many healers (both factions)
3) Too many mages (Alliance)

Let's get some good games rolling!

Hype. Stay off your rogues tyty
[doublepost=1585935676,1585912893][/doublepost]Next pop. Ally has tons in q and ends up with really got teams right now. Need less mages and healer. Horde seem to be getting more balanced teams now and not 4-5 boomkins. Horde won last game. Keep it up.

Games still popping. Current game looks quite balanced now with ally lacking 1-2 heals.

Good games all had fun in the ones I played

Had the opportunity to que some games yesterday and have to say there has been a clear increase in overall game quality. Had a lot of fun in most of the games.
Still a tad too many healers sometimes, but hopefully that'll change too in the future.
Big props to the coordinators and the people queing, keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread