Enchanting and you, a brief summery.

Wow, that's incredible how easy it was to level and get the Wrath enchants. Thanks for this guide! The 5.41G epics and 4G rares made it pretty quick with enough gold.

Yes its one of the first things I do on a new toon to get some power going for farming other things, that and the mop ilvl 28 vendor gear.
A few weeks ago I decided it was time to put a +12 agi (Mighty Agility) enchant from Cataclym expansion on my Gnarled Ash Staff.

Does the 2handeed vanilla agi enchant give less agility? might be worth looking into. that or greater savegry from wotlk.

Reactions: Sil
Mighty agility (Cataclysm 2h enchant) gives 12 agi in open world and 17 agi in bgs. Savagery is a nice alternative if you just want to lvl northrend enchant, much less of a headache, Northrend enchanting is the easiest to lvl up and covers every slot, I would totally recommend that and ilvl 28 merchant items from Pandaria if you want to gear a twink in just one evening and still be viable.

ah I see, cata greens are a tough one, would it be possible to farm cindercloth from cata mobs? or are they too high level to drop loot? I think its 10 lvls and up don't drop loot. If you could farm cindercloth you could go tailoring to make gear and d/e.

I think you mean Embersilk Cloth, yes I have a bunch I found from humanoid cata mobs, easily farmable if your char can handle lvl 30, the beach mobs near dragonmaw I mentioned earlier might drop some aswell.

Great post.
I learned something new recently about Major vs Mighty Spellpower.

Casters after Formula: Enchant Weapon - Major Spellpower should head to Blade's Edge after picking up Outlands Enchanting and kill dudes in the area below and you should get the recipe in maybe 5-10min if not sooner

Patch 9.1.5
I tested this recipe out against the much easier to acquire Northrend: Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spellpower and both give you +14 in-BG.

I don't know when this changed, but I don't think Mighty gave +14 two years ago.

*** Dec. 19 2021, EDIT !!! ***
I just tried this on another toon, and I'm seeing +7 out of BG, which is not what I wanted to see. Now I'm very much second guessing my hypothesis on mighty...

Last edited:
I think you mean Embersilk Cloth, yes I have a bunch I found from humanoid cata mobs, easily farmable if your char can handle lvl 30, the beach mobs near dragonmaw I mentioned earlier might drop some aswell.

lol cindercloth what was I thinking? ty for that. thanks for the tip on where to farm it as well much appreciated
Great post.
I learned something new recently about Major vs Mighty Spellpower.

Patch 9.1.5
I tested this recipe out against the much easier to acquire Northrend: Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spellpower and both give you +14 in-game.

I don't know when this changed, but I don't think Mighty gave +14 two years ago.

Thats sick.

this enchant spreadsheet

If by at 29 you mean a 20 scaling to 29 in BG it's 14.

I think that helpful spreadsheet needs some updating for 9.1.5...

*updated post to say in-BG over in-game

Last edited:
Just tested
In the spellbook it says +11 but when I actually applied it to my weapon it went down to +7. In BG it scaled up to +10 when applied to the weapon instead of the +11 it says in the spellbook

So the Blades Edge TBC one still scales better

Ty for testing this out.

hey guys do any of u know if the BFA enchants like Siphoning or Gale-force work for us?
Yes they work but you need a ilvl 37 weapon for machinist briliance or oceanic restoration, and ilvl 35 for all the rest. At the moment, lvl 20 can not have any weapon beyond ilvl 28 (any exception from this is grandfathered weapons, no longer obtainable at the moment). But due to scalling they are mediocre at best.

TD;LR : Yes, but not worth it, you can't use them anymore unless you have GF gear.

So, I leveled up vanilla enchanting to 300 in order to test out Crusader.
Took about 1000g to buy enough greens and purples (from the vendors mentioned here) to level up. Not sure if I needed to spend all that because I ended up with spare mats at the end (although I did start with a number of mats from just dienchanting crap over time).

But Crusader on a hunter is not that great IMO - definitely can't activate the buff / heal often enough in order for it to be super noticeable. Saved me once or twice in a BG but not nearly as effective as it is on a warrior. Maybe it would work better with will haste stats or something so you can hit more often.
I also did not really try it on PVE but from hitting dummys a fair bit it really did not proc often enough to tank any mobs worth tanking.

On the brightside, only took me 20 min farming for the enchant to drop from those archmages. And with 3 runs of Stratholme I got enough for 4 Crusader vellums for me to try out in the future if anything changes.

It's not that great on my Unholy Dk. It would probably work better on an outlaw rogue than on a surv imo.
On my Unholy Dk, the proc is nice but it's nothing compared to Fury.

Last edited:
It's not that great on my Unholy Dk. It would probably work better on an outlaw rogue than on a surv imo.
On my Unholy Dk, the proc is nice but it's nothing compared to Fury.

You can proc crusaders by spamming the zombie explo talent ;)

I think it works fine on dk as it is tbh, the bigger heal makes up for dk's lack in defensives and gives me a bit more time to brawl while the lower str proc isn't really a problem at all.

Hi, do you know what is the best enchant for PVE Vengence Demon Hunter? Most of DH from the armory has Elemental Force but i'm wondering if Dancing Steel could be better?

only took me 20 min farming for the enchant to drop from those archmages.

took me 3 months lol grats man.
Hi, do you know what is the best enchant for PVE Vengence Demon Hunter? Most of DH from the armory has Elemental Force but i'm wondering if Dancing Steel could be better?

ele force is consistent damage, I am not very knowledgable on deamon hunters though. Dancing steel procs once per minute? ( dont remember the rppm for DS) While ele force with vers deals pretty solid and consistent damage.

I wanted to add a helpful tip for enchanting. These macros saved me a TON of time and I only wish I had known them earlier.

When disenchanting things:
Code:
/cast disenchant
/use item:22672
Where the 22672 is the item which you can search for on wowhead (or google which will take you to wowhead). For example one of the items you can disenchant from the vendor in Ashenvale mentioned in this post. You can search for the item and the URL in wowhead gives you the item number. https://www.wowhead.com/item=22672/sentinels-plate-legguards
Bind this to a macro and then you only have to press that button to continuously disenchant. I'm sure this can be optimised in some way but this is quicker than clicking the button then clicking on the item, again.

When enchanting:
Code:
/run C_TradeSkillUI.CraftRecipe(TradeSkillFrame.DetailsFrame.selectedRecipeID)
/use item:134651
/click StaticPopup1Button1
Again this would be just like the disenchanting one except now you have to leave the enchanting window open (on the enchant that you want) and search for the item on wowhead.
This is one that I got from a random pvp crate. Just search whatever junk item you want to enchant and replace the item number with that one. https://www.wowhead.com/item=134651/greenhorns-armor

Question about Pandaria Enchanting - You said the cave by one keg for farming mats, but there are two caves. which one did you mean? Any other alternatives for pandaria chanting? I need the stupid offhand chant unfortunately for my F2P. I'm assuming thats easier to get than the cata one. Are there any quests that you know of that give items? I guess i can look it up on WoWhead but was just curious if there is anything else that has come up since this was made.

I just blew up one of the pandaria rares and it dropped me TWO BOPS, one that proc'd epic.

Users who are viewing this thread