Brilliant

Crazy Lockbox Guy
Hello fellow adventurers!

After self loathing myself for about 5 years. Grabbing the all elusive Blackvenom Blade
I started a new impossible task.
I have started farming Reinforced Junkbox ! For the Beautiful Dusk Blade

Currently it seems that items from these chests don't actually scale down. I have had one drop on my level 20. That was Req 26 ilevel 31. I am now trying to farm another one for my level 17. To atleast be sure about the fact that it doesen't scale. I've gotten 3 rings that were req level 19 ilevel 28. Which makes me believe that the boxes scale to level 25 ish. This might also be that because i am farming them in Icecrown, so i might have a huge task in front of me farming them somewhere else after.

Wish me Luck!
Yours truly Exilence the Insane!

So hopefully it shouldnt matter but I had the level 70 version drop in Botanica for one of my 20 toons, and it was level 23 req... probably already knew that, but just checking. Not sure it can scale lower than that, can it? Or is WotLK loot rules different than TBC? Mine was just random loot drop, nothing to do with junk boxes...

Or maybe just because it was in a level 70 instance it could not scale lower... wish you luck and curious to find out!

N1ql6hK.png

edit- my thought would be that 23 is the min for TBC as 26 is for WotLK, level 70 original cap vs level 80?

From drops, we're pretty certain that Night Blade will scale correctly on a level 17. I can go for this as my next mission. But the Dusk Blade seemed to have a better Chance on hit, hence why i went for that one. So if this was on a level 17 this would've scaled to req 18 ilevel 26 or so.

Pretty certain that has also been confirmed several times by people.

Ok, that sounds familiar... might have been discussing that the lowest allowed into the instance was level 20 so that's why we couldnt farm them lower than 23 required there. makes sense! Good luck, hope it works out. ;)

Me thinks Strong Junkbox also have a chance to contain the night blade, its on wowdbs droptable and comments from tbc era confirms the drop. But u prob have to open average 14000 boxes to see it drop
[doublepost=1641128194,1641126890][/doublepost]If dusk blade doesnt scale down further, u might have another chance with nightblade, also i use the lockbox cracker addon, makes it easier

Me thinks Strong Junkbox also have a chance to contain the night blade, its on wowdbs droptable and comments from tbc era confirms the drop. But u prob have to open average 14000 boxes to see it drop
[doublepost=1641128194,1641126890][/doublepost]If dusk blade doesnt scale down further, u might have another chance with nightblade, also i use the lockbox cracker addon, makes it easier

Yeah that's my next subject. but that can also as previously stated be dropped as a world drop. so probs better luck doing it that way. However what's this addon, and how does it work ?

However what's this addon, and how does it work ?
Addon makes it so u can unlock junkbox with alt key held down instead of having to press the lockpicking key over and over. Addon helps slightly for me when i'm unlocking 100+ boxes at once

@Brilliant let us know the results if you start farming in a lower level zone.

My friend in eu “@cooked” in the xpoff discord looted a night blade level 26 from a junkbox on a 17, but he farmed his boxes in shadowmoon valley, a 25 zone.

@Brilliant let us know the results if you start farming in a lower level zone.

My friend in eu “@cooked” in the xpoff discord looted a night blade level 26 from a junkbox on a 17, but he farmed his boxes in shadowmoon valley, a 25 zone.

Yeah that was same result as me. in icecrown. That's why i'm going to try dragonblight or so. Since that's from 15 so might be more accurate. if that is even how they work. which i kind of doubt. but you'll never know.
[doublepost=1641153589,1641148911][/doublepost]So Good news! I started grabbing boxes from Dragonblight. and i unlocked and opened. and suddenly at box number 1300 i dropped a Krol Cleaver. Req 18 and ilevel 27. So this makes me believe that it is actually possible to grab a Dusk Blade at the right level ! Gon' keep updating!
Opened on a level 17

good find...just curious (noob question) where are you getting the boxes from?

I made a 19 just for fun and farmed some chests in northrend, pretty sure i got ilvl 27 weps with lvl 18 req but would need to double check. Depended which zone they were opened in. Some would req 20 and some would req 18 i think. Ill have to double check

I made a 19 just for fun and farmed some chests in northrend, pretty sure i got ilvl 27 weps with lvl 18 req but would need to double check. Depended which zone they were opened in. Some would req 20 and some would req 18 i think. Ill have to double check
Epics scale differently from rares so that might make a difference.

Aight! It happened guys! I got my Dusk Blade !

Been going super hard on this farm the latest days. and today i got it !

It's super painful but it yields results unless i'm just beeing super lucky.

upload_2022-1-3_19-2-18.png

gratz.... this farm was a lot faster than that last one you did

Any other notable items you got on the way? I'm never doing this but it's awesome information, thanks for your work!

Users who are viewing this thread