Doobyg's vet gear freak a.k.a. How to gear a druid

DoByG

The BiS Llama
Hi guys!

Before I start - this could be a good gearing guide for the new druids, so please keep the comments gear oriented!

Some of you may know me, some of you don't for sure. I am Doobyg, F2P Ally Drood FCing since 5.3 or smth. The guys on TN call me "a gear maniac" - I just love BiS toons <3 I am maining druid because there is no other class that can be played in that many ways (more gearing = more fun). After the vets started poping here and there, I decided to try gear one as much as I can. Just to make a couple of things clear before I start :

1. I don't want to pay more than the minimum required for a vet acc, so no fraction changes, no WoD looms and no GF'd toons.
2. You will see the medalion pvp trinket in every set just because I want to keep the sets usefull.
3. I am using some rules in order to determine BiS item for the situation. Don't remember the exact math and numbers about some of the sets, but depending on the playstyle everythng can change and everything here is based on my playstyle. Please suggest only items that are better than the ones I am using atm based on those rules.
4. If you dont like pretty pictures and bad formated text, you can check MY SPREADSHEAT TABLES WITH ALL BIS VET AND F2P GEAR SETS + ENCHANTS It took me around a month to test various enchants/items scaling and calculate things like "if 2 int 3 crit will help me more than 1 stam 1 armror in this situation" but i think its as accurate as it can be for the standart play style and can be used as a gear guide.
5. Tmogs are all good but the armory was not insta updating. (TODO : Update with full Tmogs).

So here we go :

Max Stam - Not much to explain here, just stacking max stam. I am missing the 7 stam dagger(choosed the agi 2h because I need it in 3 other sets), have second agm in the bags. I am not FCing in this set, so no point in telling me speed enchants or pvp trinkets are better.
k0msdt.png

Resto - That's my solo fc set. I am going for max survivability without a healer here. I have done the math in the past and if I remember correctly it was something like 6 int = 1 stam (not sure about the numbers) if you take the healing bonus from the int for a standart 12 sec heal rotation (the char was made in WoD so no Gloaming Band :( ).
9qh9mv.png

Resto DPS - My "I'm not FCing - lets rape EFC" set. 1 int = 1 agi = 5 crit dps wise.
2mi3xqc.png

Guard - That's the "I miss MoP" set. Going for max survivability in pugs again, so something like 8 agi = 1 stam (not sure about the crit) because of the agi heals increasing. Armor also helps here.
2q0t5cg.png

Guard DPS - One of my favorite sets. Going for max dmg output as in all of the other dps sets. I am missing RoP instead of Tia's Ring and Defias Boots for the 10 bonus armor set bonus, and Gloom.
30ksjk2.png

Feral- Pretty standart BiS dmg set. Atm for ferals 1 agi = 5 crit points dps wise. Missing RoP and Gloom again.
1z6a39d.png

Feral Crit - An experiment I made thats staying for my bank for a while. The rule here is 1 agi = 1 crit, not max crit (please do not link me BiS crit retarded cloth gear) I don't want to lose all the agi, but just stack reasonable amount of crit. RoP should be used on the second slot.
5jywlv.png

Feral Haste - Another experiment wating for the time haste/crit would scale as good as primary stats. Once again 1 agi = 1 haste. Missing Gloom and RoP (second slot).
k4yofq.png

Feral AP - Max Ap set because we all love big numbers. Missing Gloom an Rop (second slot) again, para cloak with GFd enchant too.
iwisjo.png

Bala - Again, standart dmg set. Bala's dmg scales 1 int = 5 crit just like the agi for feral. I am missing Walking Boots here.
sm8s2x.jpg

Bala Crit- Again, not good enough to get out of the bank. 1 int = 1 crit for the sake of balanced dmg stacking. Missing Walking Boots again.
29lloci.png

Bala Haste - I dont like this one as much as alot of you. Going for 1 int = 1 haste. Missing Walking Boots once again.
2dvkh9l.png

I have Alchemy(225) with all the usable recipes and Engineering(225), also have Parachute Cloak, Goblin Rocket Boots, Gnomish Rocket Boots, Gnomish Harm Prevention Belt, Gnomish Mind Control Cap, Catsaye Ultra Goggles, Gnomish Cloaking Device, Gnomish Net-o-Matic Projector, Gnomish Shrink Ray, Goblin Mortar, Touch of the Void, Returning Champion (those items are in my bags just for the BiS sake, not using any of them).

I know I am missing Gloom, RoP, Walking Boots, Defias Boots and Parachute cloak with 12 agi enchant (Also Wrangler's Stam Boots, Woodworking Gloves and Metalworking Glovesfor max SWAG) so if you have any of those on Twisting Nether EU or Aggramar EU and want to contribute to gearing the mother of all BiS druids, pm me or comment -> HERE <- !

Waiting for your comments guys, make me feel bad for missing something Pls !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this is what this bracket needs... More vet druids :D

Nice guide however :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This druid is 8 months old and its second 10 day trial ended last week. I still prefer my F2P, just saw that "BIS DRUID" thread yday and decided to post mine to compete :)

I do not support that dog race. But nice toon

Stfu mate dis nigga don't got walking boots or woodworking so I think I still on top I'm still updating right now

I dont have them you are right. Its pretty hard to find any of the GFd items on TN tbh. I have spent alot of time and gold (170 k or so) in building every possible set tho, and thats something that makes me feel complete :D Not trying to point at my big patatoe or smth, just posting another way to gear a druid close to the max :)

I dont have them you are right. Its pretty hard to find any of the GFd items on TN tbh. I have spent alot of time and gold (170 k or so) in building every possible set tho, and thats something that makes me feel complete :D Not trying to point at my big patatoe or smth, just posting another way to gear a druid close to the max :)

Yea I get it GFed items are hard to get luckily I was given my WW gloves and I traded a defias belt for my Walking Boots. And it's spelt potatoe bby ;)

For extra swag points you should fish up Old Crafty ;)

Users who are viewing this thread