General Darkmoon Faire Guide

Go to the fair - 5

4 dungeon artifacts - 40

3 PVP artifacts - 15

2 primary profession quests - 8

3 secondary profession quests - 9

Test of Strength quest - 10

5 daily carnival attraction tickets - 35 total (40 if you do them between 12 & 3AM on Sunday where the game counts it, I guess, as Saturday)

So, 122 if you do everything normally and 127 if you do the dailies twice on Sunday...hmmm: twice on Sunday...just now noticed that.

That's right, I didn't put in the Test of Strength quest. Okay that's good, thank you. I was trying to figure out if I would be able to get my boa chestpiece this way.

You should be able to obtain one of the cheaper boas which cost a 110 tickets once per month but the more pricey ones 160 tickets will take two months casually or possibly one if you do everything. I think, my math might be off.

You should be able to obtain one of the cheaper boas which cost a 110 tickets once per month but the more pricey ones 160 tickets will take two months casually or possibly one if you do everything. I think, my math might be off.

Hmm, I dunno if its possible to get 160 per month without having to do EVERY profession quest plus the sunday daily double. I don't want to do anymore math today. But yeah I want the chestpiece first, as it is the biggest upgrade for a rogue (currently with Armor of the fang.) and I almost have enough honor to trade in for JP for the shoulders, so they should both be obtained this week. Then maybe work on trinkets, since my wife is my pocket healer, I don't really want the agm thingy.

<-- Excited.

Darkmoon faire is best way in F2P to get heirlooms. I have done darkmoon faire on my fire mage almost every day when it's open since 4.3 patch and I have around 110 tickets. I still have 2 easy profession quests to do now and I do dailies every day since they are so easy. At this speed I get my Dignified Headmaster's Charge in next month.

Darkmoon faire is best way in F2P to get heirlooms.

/agree

With everything except the 2h weapons costing 110 tickets, you can pretty easily get 1 BOA piece per month. And with the ability to acquire the dungeon & PVP artifacts whenever you want, not just when the DMF is in session, you don't have to grind like a hardcore raider for that week to get them.

I'm not sure it's the best, but it's certainly the simplest way to do it across multiple characters with minimal effort. Of course if you actually want to get all the mounts and pets, then using the tickets on something so readily obtainable through otherwise useless honor seems like a waste.

I'm not sure it's the best, but it's certainly the simplest way to do it across multiple characters with minimal effort. Of course if you actually want to get all the mounts and pets, then using the tickets on something so readily obtainable through otherwise useless honor seems like a waste.

I've read that both pets and mounts may become shared on one account in the future.

Also I don't know about others but my alts don't have anything cool, I focus on the gear cause I only play them to do BGs anyhow. With Rhaellia its about everything but my alts are just alts :) So, great for alts not so great for a 'main' toon that you want cool stuff on.

Absolutely, achievement/collecting etc. on multiple characters is just a pain. I don't usually bother chasing anything other than PvP achievements on my other characters. During WSG and AB weekend I find I reach JP and honor cap very quickly.

Go to the fair - 5

4 dungeon artifacts - 40

3 PVP artifacts - 15

2 primary profession quests - 8

3 secondary profession quests - 9

Test of Strength quest - 10

5 daily carnival attraction tickets - 35 total (40 if you do them between 12 & 3AM on Sunday where the game counts it, I guess, as Saturday)

So, 122 if you do everything normally and 127 if you do the dailies twice on Sunday...hmmm: twice on Sunday...just now noticed that.

There's no reason for a lvl 20 player to not do all 11 primary profession quests if he is trying to maximize his tickets. That's 36 more tickets per faire.

Releveling tailoring/enchanting also provides a convenient excuse to go kill a few hundred more pirates for Steamwheedle rep.
<

There's no reason for a lvl 20 player to not do all 11 primary profession quests if he is trying to maximize his tickets. That's 36 more tickets per faire.

Releveling tailoring/enchanting also provides a convenient excuse to go kill a few hundred more pirates for Steamwheedle rep.
<

I was caught completely off guard for DMF this month. I've been scrambling and so far I'm only missing 2 of the pvp quests and one of the dungeon ones (GRIMOIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, countless anacondia runs)

So I gave up on RNG in order to ensure I get 110 for this month.

The gathering profs take a few hours(at most) to max each.

I did herbing then inscription last night.

skinning and mining will be today. Then maybe grind out some more mats to bank for next month for faster prof grinds.

In any case it only takes 7-8 stacks of the early herbs to hit 75 in inscription. I went with about 9-10 stacks to be safe.

Leatherworking looks to be 8-10 stacks of light leather, I'll have to do some testing on that for next month.

Blacksmithing looks to be about 7 stacks of rough stone and 3 stacks of copper ore. Again I'll test that next month.

If I can get my damn LFH this sunday it will let me drop engineering which will help. Engineering BTW was really quick to level. Due to multiple skill-ups from single items.

That means 24-ish tickets are actually fairly easily available.

I should hit 110 for my chest this week. Now that I'm set up, it should be much easier for next month.

Bob

Anyone got any of the Sayge quest drops? The ones that start a quest. I usually get one or two per DMF, but haven't had any this time around at all. I'm just wondering if they are still a possibility.

In a normal month you can get up to 158 tickets. This includes:

- Doing EVERY profession quest (bar Archaeology which isn't available to us)

- Getting all 4 Dungeon Artifacts

- Getting all 3 Battlegrounds Artifacts

- Doing the minigame dailies everyday (INCLUDING the extra set Saturday dailies at 0:01am before they reset at 3:00am)

- Test your Strength quest (250 killing blows on targets which give exp/honor)

On your first month you can get 5 extra free tickets from the Darkmoon Teleporter NPC, allowing you a total of 163 - effectively allowing you to get a BOA Staff in 1 week if you're dedicated enough.

Looting the Darkmoon Chest (which spawns every 3 hours from midnight onwards) also awards an extra 5 tickets, but good luck with that, dealing with 85s. Players with stealth are more likely to succeed in ninja-ing the chest.

So basically do the math and plan it out for future months too.

For example, this is my first DMF and I missed the Saturday dailies but managed to accomplish everything else - bringing me to 158. My first purchase will be the Cloak of Darkmoon Faire (90 tickets), leaving me 68 to carry to next month. I want to get a mount next month - which means I only have to get 112 in my next DMF so I can cut some stuff out. Profession grinding is probably the most time consuming/boring of the lot so I can skip most of that next time.

For those of you who are, TL;DR

Here it is summed up, train fishing run around the island and fish in the wreckages. Easy ass gold, Especially if your p2p, Got about 1k in level 85 items in 2 hours of fishing.

i've yet to see a single one since 4.3
I don't remember if it was last month or the month before that I saw my last one. I guess I was distracted by all the new things to notice if they had removed the old. One thing I did notice was that Sayge's buffs are now in real time, not logged in time. Which is good since you can log out and get them again later when you come back, but bad since you can't keep them while logged out.

Users who are viewing this thread