General Darkmoon Faire Guide

You are not prepared.

sg3h4l.jpg

=)) ... Well... I don't have enough space in my bags/bank.. to store that much..

................ You are not prepared ........... That gave me shivers down my spine... Good Old Days... 8-> ...

Just got Imbued Crystal - Item - World of Warcraft off Twilight Lord Kelris in Backfathom Deep. So no need to go to Ragefire to get it. Havent seen it mentioned and the next Faire isnt far.
yeah, OP needs to update the list.

(Note: The Ornate Weapon, Imbued Crystal and Mysterious Grimoire also drop in Scarlet Monastary; as well as the Ornate Weapon from Gnomer).

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I thought I had that in there :O

Well, I'm gonna be updating the guide and fixing all the wonky-ness the forum switch caused =]

Am I the only person thats too lazy to do this DMF ****? I just have 0 interest in the minigame quests :<

Subpar, I'm not an achiever kinda guy... i won't even HUG a dead Horde for that simple achieve....
BUT to be able to acquire a BiS BoA piece of gear in a Week.... I'm all for that!

Not sure if I want to play WoW and get that bear or say fuck it and spend more time practicing poker. Already getting bored of WoW which I suspected would happen before I even reached a second faire.

=\

I guess if I try to sell my F2P a bear would give it more interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just reposting the guide for mats for 75 professions:

i'm farming the foreman down in the deadmines so a clear of those mobs usually gives me about 25 kills and tons of cloth/wool and a chance at my pants.

i'm 2/6 on revered right now. really need to get those 16 slot bags though lol.

i think if i get lucky and get all the drop stuff i can get 163 tickets. Doubt I'm going to get lucky enough to get all the drop stuff from dungeons and pvp especially since i'll be rolling against a lot of people. Hoping for 100 so that I can come back next month and be able to get a piece or two.

It was difficult for a time to get the dungeon drops, especially Mutant Egg from Mutanus the Devourer or Aku'mai in BFD. That's probably the most tedious dungeon artifact to get because it drops from the final boss.

Some players on AP suggested trying BFD over WC despite the difficulty, because WC is a Random Dungeon for 20s, so you might be rolling against less twinks. Players who are actually leveling might not be investing time into DMF as much as people who are chasing BOAs for BIS or vanity pets/mounts - so there's a higher chance you'll get the Egg from BFD.

**EDIT:

Here are my materials lists for leveling primary professions to 75, following guides from Cataclysm Profession Leveling Guides | 1-525 (Up to date for Cataclysm). My lists account for possible "unlucky" skill-ups during Yellow and Green and should be more than enough to reach 75 with a bit left over. DO IT TO BE SAFE. Do not farm under my recommended amount and then realise "Oh I don't have enough but I dropped my gathering prof...".

MINING: (remember to Smelt before you drop Mining !!!!!!!)

Blacksmithing:
- 140 Rough Stone
- 60 Copper Bar

Jewelcrafting:
- 60 Copper Bar
- 60 Bronze Bar (30 Copper + 30 Tin, so that's 90 Copper total)
- 20 of either Tigerseye/Malachite (either one is fine, overlap is ok)
* Recommended: Keep the greens you make if you want to level Enchanting easier

Engineering:
- 70 Rough Stone
- 40 Copper Bar

HERBALISM:

Alchemy:
- 60 Peacebloom
- 60 Silverleaf
- 20 Briarthorn

- 150 of Peacebloom/Silverleaf/Earthroot in multiples of 5 (any of the 3 is fine, you can overlap, just make sure each type of herb ends up as a multiple of 5)

CLOTH:

Tailoring:
- 160 Linen Cloth (Sentinel Hill @ Westfall is a particularly fast-spawn and safe location)

Enchanting:
- Keep the greens you make from LW/Tailoring. Around 30-40 greens is a safe bet to get you to 75. Disenchant them, keep the Strange Dust
- 75x Strange Dust if you have no greens to D/E. 1x Strange Dust per skill up until 80.

SKINNING:

Leatherworking:
- 160 Light Leather (Keep Ruined Leather Scraps and divide the quantity by 3 to see how many Light Leather you can make with Scraps)
- for every Light Hide you get, you can minus 1 Light Leather from the total. KEEP THOSE LIGHT HIDE

It deserves da bump! I'm also really having second thoughts about my sticky, seems that no-one finds anything anymore. So this really needs to be on the first page. :D

Users who are viewing this thread