General Darkmoon Faire Guide

For those of you who are, TL;DR

Here it is summed up, train fishing run around the island and fish in the wreckages. Easy ass gold, Especially if your p2p, Got about 1k in level 85 items in 2 hours of fishing.

or a more appropriate version:

Here it is summed up, train fishing run around the island watching everyone else run around the island also looking for wreckages. Get to a wreckage and cast as you see it despawn and the other fisher run off, then witness three others all rushing to your location to see them about-face and run off looking for more pools. Stand and watch a crawler, wishing it had loot.

Fortunately, we don't really need much gold at 20. If you want the turtle, it might be easier to fish pools in Uldum.
<

The faire, the path to it, and the docks are sanctuary, but the rest of the island is pvp on a pvp server.

You might easily be able to go fishing around the island even on a pvp realm. No real pvp or ganking on Onyxia so far.

First experiences with this have been great. But I do sense a way to exploit this. A week is a lot of time for a f2p to level every prof to 75 and get those extra tickets. Most of them are relatively easy.

Gathering is easy. From mining you can keep ore to prospect to level JC, smelt into bars to level engi/JC, and use the stones to level BS and help with engi. Herbalism you can level alchemy and inscription. Skinning and LW but you will probably need to grind skins or horde leather because LW sucks. Enchanting levels itself pretty much by DEing other crafted stuff. Tailoring you just need some patience to grind cloth. I've found an awesome place that also gets me credit for the 250 kills quest too.

It's tedious and the only hard part is balancing bag space to hold onto this stuff so you don't have to farm it all in a week. But you could definitely hit all those profession quests every month. Thinking about focusing on just doing the ones I need for my profession dancing on my paladin for now and then worrying about hitting other stuff later.

:)

First experiences with this have been great. But I do sense a way to exploit this. A week is a lot of time for a f2p to level every prof to 75 and get those extra tickets. Most of them are relatively easy.

Gathering is easy. From mining you can keep ore to prospect to level JC, smelt into bars to level engi/JC, and use the stones to level BS and help with engi. Herbalism you can level alchemy and inscription. Skinning and LW but you will probably need to grind skins or horde leather because LW sucks. Enchanting levels itself pretty much by DEing other crafted stuff. Tailoring you just need some patience to grind cloth. I've found an awesome place that also gets me credit for the 250 kills quest too.

It's tedious and the only hard part is balancing bag space to hold onto this stuff so you don't have to farm it all in a week. But you could definitely hit all those profession quests every month. Thinking about focusing on just doing the ones I need for my profession dancing on my paladin for now and then worrying about hitting other stuff later.

:)

This pretty much describes what I did during DMF last month. I netted a total of 158 tickets that week (which is the max you can get without getting the DMF arena chest, unless it's your very first DMF then you get an extra 5 for your intro quest).

I still have the exact amount of mats you need for each primary crafting profession scribbed on some paper on my desk, I'll post up the numbers later tonight to give people an idea of roughly how much they need to farm to guarantee 75 skill level.

I prefer to get my Linen Cloth from Westfall's Sentinel Hill (which doesn't give credit for the 250 kills), but you can easily get the 250 kill credits while Skinning for 75 LW in Northern Barrens, just south-east of Crossroads.

i'm farming the foreman down in the deadmines so a clear of those mobs usually gives me about 25 kills and tons of cloth/wool and a chance at my pants.

i'm 2/6 on revered right now. really need to get those 16 slot bags though lol.

i think if i get lucky and get all the drop stuff i can get 163 tickets. Doubt I'm going to get lucky enough to get all the drop stuff from dungeons and pvp especially since i'll be rolling against a lot of people. Hoping for 100 so that I can come back next month and be able to get a piece or two.

i'm farming the foreman down in the deadmines so a clear of those mobs usually gives me about 25 kills and tons of cloth/wool and a chance at my pants.

i'm 2/6 on revered right now. really need to get those 16 slot bags though lol.

i think if i get lucky and get all the drop stuff i can get 163 tickets. Doubt I'm going to get lucky enough to get all the drop stuff from dungeons and pvp especially since i'll be rolling against a lot of people. Hoping for 100 so that I can come back next month and be able to get a piece or two.

It was difficult for a time to get the dungeon drops, especially Mutant Egg from Mutanus the Devourer or Aku'mai in BFD. That's probably the most tedious dungeon artifact to get because it drops from the final boss.

Some players on AP suggested trying BFD over WC despite the difficulty, because WC is a Random Dungeon for 20s, so you might be rolling against less twinks. Players who are actually leveling might not be investing time into DMF as much as people who are chasing BOAs for BIS or vanity pets/mounts - so there's a higher chance you'll get the Egg from BFD.

**EDIT:

Here are my materials lists for leveling primary professions to 75, following guides from http://www.wow-professions.com/profession-leveling-guides (Up to date for Cataclysm). My lists account for possible "unlucky" skill-ups during Yellow and Green and should be more than enough to reach 75 with a bit left over. DO IT TO BE SAFE. Do not farm under my recommended amount and then realise "Oh I don't have enough but I dropped my gathering prof...".

MINING: (remember to Smelt before you drop Mining !!!!!!!)

Blacksmithing:
- 140 Rough Stone
- 60 Copper Bar

Jewelcrafting:
- 60 Copper Bar
- 60 Bronze Bar (30 Copper + 30 Tin, so that's 90 Copper total)
- 20 of either Tigerseye/Malachite (either one is fine, overlap is ok)
* Recommended: Keep the greens you make if you want to level Enchanting easier

Engineering:
- 70 Rough Stone
- 40 Copper Bar

HERBALISM:

Alchemy:
- 60 Peacebloom
- 60 Silverleaf
- 20 Briarthorn

- 150 of Peacebloom/Silverleaf/Earthroot in multiples of 5 (any of the 3 is fine, you can overlap, just make sure each type of herb ends up as a multiple of 5)

CLOTH:

Tailoring:
- 160 Linen Cloth (Sentinel Hill @ Westfall is a particularly fast-spawn and safe location)

Enchanting:
- Keep the greens you make from LW/Tailoring. Around 30-40 greens is a safe bet to get you to 75. Disenchant them, keep the Strange Dust
- 75x Strange Dust if you have no greens to D/E. 1x Strange Dust per skill up until 80.

SKINNING:

Leatherworking:
- 160 Light Leather (Keep Ruined Leather Scraps and divide the quantity by 3 to see how many Light Leather you can make with Scraps)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the list.

So far I've done:

Leatherworking (after I made my armor kits)
Enchanting (have kept it on my paladin so far to DE everything I make)
Mining
Engineering
Blacksmithing (even made 100 sharpening stones!)

About to do tailoring right now

Figure I can do herb/inscription/alchemy just by leveling my herbalism to 75 and do skinning which is really easy.

And this is all in the span of a day or two. The toughest part for me is juggling bag space around. I do have a mining sack which I filled up to make it easy.

I was thinking about hording a ton of mats but honestly nothing has been hard to farm. The most inconvenient thing I think is the tin ore and coarse stone but even that isn't bad now that I have flight paths to get to an easy farming spot.

It was difficult for a time to get the dungeon drops, especially Mutant Egg from Mutanus the Devourer or Aku'mai in BFD. That's probably the most tedious dungeon artifact to get because it drops from the final boss.

Some players on AP suggested trying BFD over WC despite the difficulty, because WC is a Random Dungeon for 20s, so you might be rolling against less twinks. Players who are actually leveling might not be investing time into DMF as much as people who are chasing BOAs for BIS or vanity pets/mounts - so there's a higher chance you'll get the Egg from BFD.

**EDIT:

Here are my materials lists for leveling primary professions to 75, following guides from Cataclysm Profession Leveling Guides | 1-525. My lists account for possible "unlucky" skill-ups during Yellow and Green and should be more than enough to reach 75 with a bit left over. DO IT TO BE SAFE. Do not farm under my recommended amount and then realise "Oh I don't have enough but I dropped my gathering prof...".

U]MINING: (remember to Smelt before you drop Mining !!!!!!!) [/U]

Blacksmithing:
- 140 Rough Stone
- 60 Copper Bar

Jewelcrafting:
- 60 Copper Bar
- 120 Bronze Bar (60 Copper + 60 Tin, so that's 120 Copper total)
- 20 of either Tigerseye/Malachite (either one is fine, overlap is ok)

Engineering:
- 70 Rough Stone
- 40 Copper Bar

HERBALISM:

Alchemy:
- 60 Peacebloom
- 60 Silverleaf
- 20 Briarthorn

- 150 of Peacebloom/Silverleaf/Briarthorn in multiples of 5 (any of the 3 is fine, you can overlap, just make sure each type of herb ends up as a multiple of 5)

CLOTH:

Tailoring:
- 160 Linen Cloth (Sentinel Hill @ Westfall is a particularly fast-spawn and safe location)

Enchanting:
- Keep the greens you make from LW/Tailoring. Around 30-40 greens is a safe bet to get you to 75. Disenchant them, keep the Strange Dust
- 75x Strange Dust if you have no greens to D/E. 1x Strange Dust per skill up until 80.

SKINNING:

Leatherworking:
- 160 Light Leather (Keep Ruined Leather Scraps and divide the quantity by 3 to see how many Light Leather you can make with Scraps)

I tried to search on powerleveling sites to find a similar guide. From my experience last month (excluding alchemy, but did the rest) this is spot on and super helpful to all.

Thanks man!

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread