Cudgel or Scepter of Naralex for mw monk

At least for druids, weapon damage and dps has been absolutely irrelevant for intellect spec ability tooltip and melee damage.

For me, its only based on intellect

Is the ilvl 22 GF'd? I bought 2 pretty cheap (<400k) off bleeding hollow this past month & another just showed up. Been using this on my MW since i went with the Cudgel over scepter.
n4AWXMM.jpg

I'm new to this, but isn't mace with 2.6 speed, like Diamond-Core Sledgemace from Blood furnace, better, than Scepter with 3.6?

Does anyone have an Epic Proc Cudgel they can link? I wanna see if the damage increase is worth the endless grind of rerolling toons for weeks to get it.

The weapon dmg gets converted to AP for the spell formula. The difference between purple and blue is 1 AP as far as I remember.

Cudgel is actually a green and I believe it’s damage is 5-8… does this mean the epic would be 7-10? If so that’s huge. Most definitely worth the grind. Would like verification before I grind though

Purple is obviously best. Blue is negligibly close to purple. The difference between green and blue is bigger than between blue and purple. If you want bis - purple, if you can spend some time, yet don't want to spend too long - blue. Depending on your class, you might not even need cudgel or other weapons might perform better than green.

Would like verification before I grind though
If you're just looking to play a spin-to-win MW monk then I wouldnt sweat it too terribly much (and note: you'll want the scepter, not the cudgel) because you really arent looking for the weapon dmg. The swing speed is the kicker.

If you're playing WW then at least get a blue Cudgel. But after that, I'm not sure I'd worry too terribly much about chasing an epic.

If you're just looking to play a spin-to-win MW monk then I wouldnt sweat it too terribly much (and note: you'll want the scepter, not the cudgel) because you really arent looking for the weapon dmg. The swing speed is the kicker.

If you're playing WW then at least get a blue Cudgel. But after that, I'm not sure I'd worry too terribly much about chasing an epic.

I was thinking about farming the Epic on a Lvl 10 Rogue, Lvl 10 Prot Pally, and a Lvl 10 Monk. After that I’ll work on some 20’s lol just trying to figure it all out before the grind begins. Thank you all for the quick replies.

Is there a known proc % for all quest items? Just curious what the actual chance for Green to Epic even is? Is it less than 5% chance?

We've generally settled on a 5% chance to upgrade and then another 5% chance to upgrade twice. We arent 100% sure because, well, Blizz is pretty cagey about their proc rates. But 5% *feels* about right for an upgrade.

Damn so 1-20 to get a Blue and of that 1-20 it’s 1-20 to get the purple? So 1-400 to get Purple? Or am I terrible at fractional statistics?

for Monk, Mistweaver is the best.
as for the debate for Cudgel/Specter of Naralex:
if you want to play Brewmaster, the big difference between the green-blue-epic version is the weapon damage;
if you want to play Mistweaver, the big difference between the green-blue-epic version is the intel (+1 for blue compare to green and +2 for epic compare to green).
Both Cudgel-Specter of Naralex are 3,6 weapon speed as a one hand, which is great for enchant like lifestealing.
If you can get your hands on a unscaled Staff of Jordan, it's BiS for Mistweaver, otherwise Garrosh weapons, then following by Specter of Naralex (Blue or Epic ideally)

I finally got the Epic proc Cudgel last night on my lvl 10 BM Monk. If anyone has the Blue one, I’d love to see it.

The Epic Cudgel is 4-6 Dmg, but all the stats are identical to the green? I was pretty upset about this. I’d like to see a comparison with the Blue to see if they are actually identical to one another at lvl 10.

The Epic Cudgel is 4-6 Dmg, but all the stats are identical to the green?

In the future use "scales with level" to view the item on Wowhead, then scale it to 1 more ilvl for blue and 2 for epic.

I think it's pretty accurate. Saying, if level 10 gets a ilvl 12 green reward, scale it to ilvl 13 to see blue stats. 14 for epic.

I honestly forget what ilvl 10 actually gets but using the wowhead scaling is decent info. ALSO... equip that thing and mouse over a damage tooltip, then do another run quick for a green one and do the same - make sure epic isnt better marginally. ;)

edit- just looked quick, wowhead has ilvl 13-16 all the same. Not always an upgrade to proc epic, just cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread