Crime, Punishment, & Laws

Shazzrah said:
now that's an interesting topic. Should people with any disabilities at all be allowed to reproduce or wouldn't it be better if we only allowed "good genes" to be reproduced. This would get rid of a lot of family based diseases and reduce other flaws. On the other hand it would be totally unethical, much like a death sentence.

totally unethical, but the benefits could be superb - recessive gene disorders would be eliminated. im just waiting for the Gatagca days to start.

now whether or not murderers or other convicts hand down those traits to kids is another topic. sure certain mental disorders might be genetic. but if some one killed a person by anything other than premeditated cold blood or b/c of a mental disorder....would that mean their kids become murders b/c their parent committed manslaughter (ex self defense, etc)?

Shazzrah said:
now that's an interesting topic. Should people with any disabilities at all be allowed to reproduce or wouldn't it be better if we only allowed "good genes" to be reproduced. This would get rid of a lot of family based diseases and reduce other flaws. On the other hand it would be totally unethical, much like a death sentence.

Dude, not even close.

Shazzrah said:
Care to further explain? I think it's an interesting topic, but I'm sorry if I somehow offended you with my post.

how would you feel if the government went around telling people in your family that they couldnt ever reproduce? what youre suggesting is basically in line with john holdren's plan to sterilize people through the water supply

Powerglove said:
what youre suggesting is basically in line with john holdren's plan to sterilize people through the water supply

lets start immediately....the ghettos of inner city chicago are the first to go!

Users who are viewing this thread