Crime, Punishment, & Laws

As there has never been a thread similar to this on TwinkInfo, combined with all the recent events. I am curious to hear peoples opinions about various topics, such as ...

Court System/Justice System

Death Penaltys (Past/Present)

Eye for an Eye

Punishments

Trial

Constitutional Rights

Second Amendment/Firearms

Abortion

So does anyone have any strong feelings towards the topics, or related topics that they would like to share, discuss, or debate?

Personally I am all for the Death Penalty, and a strong believer in an Eye for an Eye.

Duckhunt said:
First?! Yes! woot.

you know I can easily steal that "first" of yours with my superpowers!

If drugs and alchohole both was discovered today both would've been legal or illegal. Talking about crack here

EDIT: Oh and about death penalty. I don't like it. It's better that the guy rot in the cell compared to a quick snap to the neck. Death penalty isn't enough penalty for some of those bastards. Let them all rot. Btw do they write anything about the 2 norwegians stuck in Kongo in the US medias at all?

I would rather kill them off with no chance of escaping, if they got away they could either a) kill more people ... or b) pass on their genetic material.

Overall the death penalty would be a much more cost effective way to deal with high class criminals.

IMO the US way over complicates the death penalty system, with layers of appeals, courts, lawyers, etc.

i-am-the-law.jpg

Nuff said.

HISSSSSSS!

Neverseen crawls back into the shadows.

I'm a strong believer in the death penalty. It's more efficient than holding and feeding somebody in prison for life, and there's no chance (unless zombies are real) of them escaping, going out to kill somebody, etc.

I am a strong believer in the death penalty, because as Natural said, it leaves criminals no chance to escape and pass down their materials or kill more people. Although I also believe in torture. Hear me out though. I don't think that every citizen that commits a minor crime should be tortured but I believe that if you are convicted of a crime such as murder or homicide that you should be first tortured and then killed.

Twinkytoes said:
I am a strong believer in the death penalty, because as Natural said, it leaves criminals no chance to escape and pass down their materials or kill more people. Although I also believe in torture. Hear me out though. I don't think that every citizen that commits a minor crime should be tortured but I believe that if you are convicted of a crime such as murder or homicide that you should be first tortured and then killed.

What if he's not guilty, and they kill an innocent man, then they should be killed themself, cause it's the same thing as murder, killing an innoscent man, and then all people paricipating in the trial would have to be killed, cause they participated in killing an innoscent life... you get me?

Death-Penalty is wrong. Nobody have the rights to take life. Thats murder. So you answer murderers with murder. What the fuck is the logic?

Heh, kind of surprised everyone is agreeing with the death penalty, I see so many times people all for 'love & peace' everyones life is sacred, even criminals!

Perhaps it has something to do with games, gasp! alert the media, games make people love the death penalty, lmao.

Anyways, I vote for a firing squad or a bullet to the head. All this lethal inject stuff costs way to much damn money. (Well its not really the end result that costs alot, its all the damn lawyers and various layers of appeals and court system in which you have to go through before you can put someone on death row)

Which leads me to my next point, whats the point of putting someone on the death penalty if they still have to sit and rot in a jail for 20-60 years, thats the same damn thing as a life sentance.

I agree with the Death Penalty. Its tax payer money used to put people away for life, and if a man or woman murdered my family, I wouldn't want to pay for them to eat and have a bed, etc.

Edit: A bullet costs under a dollar, and it only takes one.

Bragh said:
What if he's not guilty, and they kill an innocent man, then they should be killed themself, cause it's the same thing as murder, killing an innoscent man, and then all people paricipating in the trial would have to be killed, cause they participated in killing an innoscent life... you get me?

Death-Penalty is wrong. Nobody have the rights to take life. Thats murder. So you answer murderers with murder. What the fuck is the logic?

Technology has come along way, we can catch the real criminals alot easier now a days.

I know I would rather kill 20 people and 1 be innocent, than to not risk letting 19 class A criminals run around.

PS: What happens if you put an innocent man behind bars for 30 years, in a sense ... you pretty much ended his life anyway.

Orcgasm said:
I agree with the Death Penalty. Its tax payer money used to put people away for life, and if a man or woman murdered my family, I wouldn't want to pay for them to eat and have a bed, etc.

Edit: A bullet costs under a dollar, and it only takes one.

You would want him to suffer. Wouldn't you? He won't suffer if he dies. if he has to rot in jail, for the rets of his life. It will make his life much more miserable. Would taste much more better than knowing that he died with "honor of what he did"

Naturaltalnt said:
Technology has come along way, we can catch the real criminals alot easier now a days.

I know I would rather kill 20 people and 1 be innocent, than to not risk letting 19 class A criminals run around.

PS: What happens if you put an innocent man behind bars for 30 years, in a sense ... you pretty much ended his life anyway.

Yeh but you didn't kill him.

Bragh said:

Well I was assuming that the man was proven guilty.

On to the next point, killing a guilty man under the consent of the government is not murder. In a lot of cases in the United States, many released criminals have gotten out of jail and re-committed crimes. Why? Because we're to soft. If we 'do' implement a death penalty, it will cause a dramatic decrease in crimes committed and it will make those people think twice about what they are doing.

Twinkytoes said:
Well I was assuming that the man was proven guilty.

On to the next point, killing a guilty man under the consent of the government is not murder. In a lot of cases in the United States, many released criminals have gotten out of jail and re-committed crimes. Why? Because we're to soft. If we 'do' implement a death penalty, it will cause a dramatic decrease in crimes committed and it will make those people think twice about what they are doing.

I'd rather want a lifelong time in prison. No good behavior releases. MAKE THEM SUFFER!

People comitting murders are twisted in their head, why would they think twice before killing, thats why i don't want them to achieve the (in their heads) "fame" or "Glory" of a death penalty

Twinkytoes said:
If you read my first post I said I was for torture.

if you read my posts, I'm responding to death penalty

Users who are viewing this thread