Confirmed 5.3 info for F2Ps

Lets hope it does not end up making queues two hours long :p

Seems like it might make alliance (US) healer queues insta-pop. Everyone else will be standing around waiting... I wonder if it will bust up premades to fill the BG roles?

Update 9-Apr-2013:
I started this thread because I am frequently frustrated by the lack of availability of accurate patch information that focuses on F2P accounts.

Unfortunately, verifying information takes time. This thankless time could be much better spent on other tasks. And while I do gain some minor utility from parsing and distributing this information, the utility gain is currently insufficient for me to continue this project.

Furthermore, I suspect that most individuals neither sufficiently benefit from my analysis nor maintain clear understanding of it's meaning and intent.

Finally, if you share my frustrations on this topic, know that I felt your pain--but feel it no longer. - DV

Current 2-Apr-2013 Build 16781:
  • BoA shields are available: these were available on the 5.2 ptr but were removed for the release candidate, they are now back on 5.3 [post=633989]Stim Pictures[/post]
  • Frostbolt damage increased ~15%: Live 314.5 damage, PTR 361.5 damage
  • Execute damage increased ~4%: [post=634327]Dax post[/post]
  • Resilience nerfed, but still present on BoA's : live 1 res ~ 0.638%, PTR 1 res = 0.202%
  • Resilience increased for 85+ only: 20's still have 40%, but 90s now show 65%
  • Battle fatigue increased 15%: from 30% up to 45%
  • Searing Totem Health ~1k: [post=638270]Dax post[/post]
  • Shaman can cast lightning bolt while moving: [post=638270]Dax Post[/post]
  • Focused Aim tooltip corrected to reduce pushback by 70%, from 10%.: tootltip change, nothing more?
  • Battleground balancing: LFD tool is being used to select roles for entering battlegrounds. This can be abused, but is a step in the right direction. Ideally, people will select the role they intend to play and we can have 'role balanced' battlegrounds.
  • Transmog items from your bank: currently uses equipment manager 'clunky' interface--requires more work to go live imo
-
F2P PTR party:
  • Date: TBD
  • Time: TBD
  • Server: TBD
-
Reading "between the lines": blizzard intends to nerf healers. They are doing this two ways, with a slight damage increase and an increase to battle fatigue. Higher level healers will feel more progression with the increased effect of PvP power for healing, and low level healers will be nerfed. I wouldn't expect this to be drastic, Blizzard will incrementally reduce the relative power of healers.

Look at the PTR yourself to see how your character will change: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/public-test-realm-faq

If you have a confirmed update from the PTR please respond to the thread and I'll update this post.
First hand confirmation only please

Archive

I like your post but theres something wrong with the changes done on 15th April:
The base resilence for all characters will be 65% as seen on Blizzard last post about this.U can check the photo too.
View attachment 1952

Attachments

• PvP.jpg
    PvP.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 95
I like your post but theres something wrong with the changes done on 15th April:

Last update was 9-Apr-2013.

Also, this was for confirmed updates, which requires verification on PTR.

Resilience is still 40% on PTR

I posted this 7 days ago.

This is part of why updating the thread is not worth the time.

I saw you update it, but I think it's huuuuge deal of a change, yet no one discussed on it. Despite it was updated and already 2 weeks old news.

For me that i pug a lot, this is a great improvement.

New Build: 16853

Level 20s still have 40% resilience.

New build: 16876

Trinkets now have 2 minute cooldown, even the 55 honor version

Level 20's still have 40% resilience

Revive Pet now has a cast time of 4 seconds, down from 6 seconds.

Swiftmend's area-of-effect component now heals injured allies within 10 yards, up from 8 yards.

Penance now deals 10% less damage, but healing done is increased by 10%.

Trinket is big though >: ) may finally see more variety within ally besides human/nelf

this info cant be confirmed as its still on PTR.

The reason behind this thread is to give a view about what's on the PTR rather than on the patch notes as it frequently differs a lot and the patch notes also frequently miss stuff that's going on on the PTR. I'm very grateful to anyone providing information about it.

i think you miss read what i said, the title says "confirmed". nothing is set in stone while on PTR.

I got what you wrote, but I could argue that stuff on the PTR is more confirmed than stuff on the patch notes ;)

Anyways, I love this thread and I DO know that all these things could get completely thrown over and changed but I can still hope :p

Users who are viewing this thread