Confirmed 5.3 info for F2Ps

Picking up the Alliance or Horde flag while in a Rated Battleground now increases damage taken by 50% for characters in a tanking specialization, and increases damage taken by 20% for characters in a non-tanking specialization.

if that applies to us, guess that's the end of guardian druid flag carriers.

Intimidation is now a level-30 talent available to all Hunter specializations and no longer learned by Beast Mastery Hunters at level 20.

R.I.P. BM hunts

edit: Also looks like all chars get 65% base resil now, not just 85+

"All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%."

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how Blizz starts to balance some spec in a good way and makes changes that only affect at specific levels, it is starting to look good!

Interesting changes :

• Shield Slam now receives a 50% bonus to attack damage from attack power (down from 100%) for Warriors below level 85.
  • Reduced the amount of Justice, Honor, and Darkmoon Faire tickets needed to upgrade heirloom items by 60%
  • Hit Chance is now displayed for all abilities.
  • Reduced the chance to miss when fighting higher-level opponents from 5% per level to 2% per level.
  • Aspect of the Hawk now increases ranged attack power by 25%, up from 15%.

Interesting changes :
  • Hit Chance is now displayed for all abilities.
  • Abilities no longer have a base chance to miss or be dodged by opposing pets of the same level.
  • Reduced the chance to miss when fighting higher-level opponents from 5% per level to 2% per level.
  • Counterspell now deals 10 damage in addition to the ability's previous effects.
  • Kick now deals 50% more damage. (both silence and kick changes seem strange am I missing something?

Those have to do with pet battles, the abilities just have the same names as class abilities. I'm not sure about the hit chance note though

Intimidation is now a level-30 talent available to all Hunter specializations and no longer learned by Beast Mastery Hunters at level 20.
troll. Bat pets mass inc.

Interesting changes :

• Shield Slam now receives a 50% bonus to attack damage from attack power (down from 100%) for Warriors below level 85.
While a nerf, I would expect Shield Slam to still hit very hard in 5.3, unless they change a extra component (see below).
The damage of most, or all, abilities are usually given by a % of one's attack power or spell power plus a constant dependent on one's level, or %*(AP, SP, or Weapon damage)+C(l). What makes Shield Slam absurdly strong now, is because its C(l) is very large, especially when compared to those of other abilities (it was modest in 5.1, before developers super-buffed that C(l) to compensate for a nerf in the AP scaling coefficient). That's also why a almost-naked prot warrior Shield Slam hits hard: despite little AP, that big C(l) still says hi.

Furthermore, it's also an explanation why Avenger's Shield and other abilities hit hard, yet others, like Lava Lash, Templar's Verdict and more, are weak. Despite their nice looking scaling coefficients with respect to AP, SP, or weapon damage, their C(l) is either very weak, or nonexistent.

In case anyone is curious, or cares at all, I have been messing around with enh on ptr with Revpock. Numbers in orange are the new 5.3 PTR tooltip numbers with the same gear/ap/sp, crit, etc.

With 288 ap i'm getting 187 sp (158 sp currently).
Highest PVE LL crit has been 485 (somewhere around 440? currently IIRC).
Tooltip for Earth Sock says 209.5 (191.5 currently).
Tooltip for Lightning Shield says 105 (93 currently).
Tooltip for Flame Shock says 137 instant damage, 550 DoT (123 instant damage, 480 DoT currently).
Tooltip for Searing Totem says 25.5 (21.5 currently).

Solo DPS on WC trash was up about ~20 on average. These are all PVE numbers, but you get the idea with resilience. Healing Surge numbers were a little better than current as well. LB was hitting just above 200 PVE non-crit when I was messing with running around while casting it, which does work. This is not an earth-shattering buff by any means, but I'll still take it. Anything helps at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread