Clarification of Private Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I managed to put it that way without a Cheers reference.

I'm pretty proud of that..

I have an idea that might not only alleviate some of the issues Mods are having in making tough choices as to whom to Ban or which post to delete while giving older Members an outlet for discourse similar to what they've been used to in the past.

Is it possible @Conq to create a Forum section that doesn't update on the Home Page, meaning that you'd have to actually click that Forum in order to see what's posted? This Forum section could then be the place where old times' Status Quo is maintained and all manner of shenanigans could ensue. The Creator of such Forum section could even place a Warning on it that any and all manner of speech is allowed, enter at your own risk, or something to that effect.

I'm just trying to think of a way in which we don't have long term Twinks leaving because they disagree with modern day policies by giving them an outlet. Granted they'd still have to conform while in other Forums sections but at least it could be something for them, like a sense of Family... A crazy ass, shoot first ask questions later Family lmao.

I have an idea that might not only alleviate some of the issues Mods are having in making tough choices as to whom to Ban or which post to delete while giving older Members an outlet for discourse similar to what they've been used to in the past.

Is it possible to create a Forum section that doesn't update on the Home Page, meaning that you'd have to actually click that Forum in order to see what's posted? This Forum section could then be the place where old times' Status Quo is maintained and all manner of shenanigans could ensue. The Creator of such Forum section could even place a Warning on it that any and all manner of speech is allowed, enter at your own risk, or something to that effect.

I'm just trying to think of a way in which we don't have long term Twinks leaving because they disagree with modern day policies by giving them an outlet. Granted they'd still have to conform while in other Forums sections but at least it could be something for them, like a sense of Family... A crazy ass, shoot first ask questions later Family lmao.

Didn't we have a shit posting area for several brackets on TI at one point? Or am I imagining that?

Didn't we have a shit posting area for several brackets on TI at one point? Or am I imagining that?
I swear we did, but I wasn't active in WoW for the last maybe 9mo of TI's existence so I can't say for certain.

Is it possible to create a Forum section that doesn't update on the Home Page, meaning that you'd have to actually click that Forum in order to see what's posted? This Forum section could then be the place where old times' Status Quo is maintained and all manner of shenanigans could ensue. The Creator of such Forum section could even place a Warning on it that any and all manner of speech is allowed, enter at your own risk, or something to that effect.

I haven't Admin'd a vB in ages, but last I checked, yes.

I swear we did, but I wasn't active in WoW for the last maybe 9mo of TI's existence so I can't say for certain.

Somebody ask Conq.

We could just make a group for non crybabies :) also we did have a "free for all" forum on ti and it was okay but it also came out when ti changed into an AIDS layout

Yes it is a private forum but that doesn't take away the fact its still a website for a gaming community. Your post insinuates everyone who expresses an opinion that differs from the Staff they're in the wrong and should expect to be pruned from the site.

It only took them how long to take my suggestion to heart? They finally came around though. They always do. They alway do.

Just as I, like some others, have suggested a section away from "prying eyes". That could be in the works, who knows. I certainly do not know what all the administration is doing behind the scenes of this fine website.
Why we would need a cyber bullying forum I do not know. I am sure if you all need to spew hatred that badly you can find some sites dedicated specifically to that need. I bet if one were to look hard enough one could find one made just to make each and every user feel like a special snowflake each and every day. And you could could get as many "likes" or "thumbs up" on your posts as wanted. Wheeee! Wouldn't that be fun! Everybody gets a trophy!

Yes it is a private forum but that doesn't take away the fact its still a website for a gaming community. Your post insinuates everyone who expresses an opinion that differs from the Staff they're in the wrong and should expect to be pruned from the site.
Explain exactly how this Thread insinuates that? I merely pointed out that if a person wishes to say horrible things targeted at others they should be ready for the consequences of such actions, and expecting those horrible things to be left for all to see as their "freedom of speech" does not exist in this place.

If you can't see how telling another Member to go kill themselves isn't appropriate or using the terms of Autism and various Diseases as an attack on other Members, as well as foul language and name calling is also in no way appropriate then maybe that super secret hidden Forum that the Mods may one day create is all for you ;)

Explain exactly how this Thread insinuates that? I merely pointed out that if a person wishes to say horrible things targeted at others they should be ready for the consequences of such actions, and expecting those horrible things to be left for all to see as their "freedom of speech" does not exist in this place.

If you can't see how telling another Member to go kill themselves isn't appropriate or using the terms of Autism and various Diseases as an attack on other Members, as well as foul language and name calling is also in no way appropriate then maybe that super secret hidden Forum that the Mods may one day create is all for you ;)

People aren't mad that their death threats are getting deleted. (Nice exaggeration though! haha hehe)

The spike in forum drama or "toxicity" is from lack of communication on issues members are having with how Staff (mainly conq) are handling things about trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist and has some power complex and is hyping up this site to be more then what it is.

If you see the drama for anything more then that I'll be sure to direct you to the next safespace forum I come across

Last edited:
Obviously a ban without any form of notice or warning, or even explanation is anoying

People aren't mad that their death threats are getting deleted. (Nice exaggeration though! haha hehe)

The spike in forum drama or "toxicity" is from lack of communication on issues members are having with how Staff (mainly conq) are handling things about trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist and has some power complex and is hyping up this site to be more then what it is.

If you see the drama for anything more then that I'll be sure to direct you to the next safespace forum I come across
I think you underestimate the room for growth this community has now, a few core members are degrading the quality of the community here and yes scaring people away because not everyone is as hard skinned as some, also myself and the staff are in communication 24/7, our chat group stays active all day long. It's got nothing to do with me, or even the individuals being banned, they can post higher quality content and be fine.

Conq people are mad cause you're handling these bans in a very shady way; dealing out bans without any notice or reason etc

Conq people are mad cause you're handling these bans in a very shady way; dealing out bans without any notice or reason etc
They would be mad regardless so i'm not to bothered by that, it's not hard to figure out why people were banned tho, perhaps I should have spelled it out, that would have been more professional, they were literally trying to get banned, according to one or two of them.

We (all the active staff) would be all at fault for that, then. And I apologise for our rather sub-par communication on the bans, however our entire staff chat has been in flames basically for much of y`days afternoon because these banned members you mention have been spam-creating the same shitthreads and @ threads for quite awhile and have basically been fishing for their bans at that point.
I know that our communication with the community in that regard has been rather subpar, so we`re trying to work it out as we`re speaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread