Chromie only available if you have a level 50 character on your account?

ArtyMinx

I'm in the EU but opened a NA account and subbed. Can't use Chromie/timewalking like I previously did on EU.

Someone told me the SL patch made having a level 50 character on your account mandatory.

Is this true? :O

Thanks. So I can't use Chromie until I finish the shortened levelling to level 50?

Or buy a character boost, but yes.

Losing account progress cross-region has always been super shitty :/ it’s lame that they put the same restrictions on your account as a brand new player (for whom it makes sense in a way to disable chromie time until they’ve leveled to max once before).

Or buy a character boost, but yes.

Losing account progress cross-region has always been super shitty :/ it’s lame that they put the same restrictions on your account as a brand new player (for whom it makes sense in a way to disable chromie time until they’ve leveled to max once before).

I think I might buy the boost. I'll be playing unsubbed anyway, so it's a one-time thing. ;p

Pretty sure you still get a boost with SL purchase, might be cheaper...

edit- looks like it doesnt come with the base edition, just heroic+ so maybe not.

Is 1 to 50 a long road? I don't wanna miss out on Christmas! ;p
Not at all any more, there's people that level 1-50 in 1 sitting. Before SL release I saw a video of someone doing it in less than 6 hours with Feeehold boosting.

Nope, they made leveling faster than maybe ever, except there's no experience bonus items anymore. You can get 10-25% bonus for using warmode depending on faction, and this week is the darkmoon faire so there's 10% available from that.

Feeehold boosting.

Think they normalized dungeon XP to nerf that, not that it's the best option for a new account.

new accounts are set to BFA for 10-50, includes F2P, after you get a 50 or linked to a 50+ account, you can chromie to level alts in other past expacs. you only have que access to two BFA dungeons, but, sometimes the system asks, que time is taking long, would you like to try another expac, clicked yes, and boom in a BC dungeon, other times got WOTLK and WOD

if you do not have a 50 acc/linked with all the portals in cities, you can get to older expacs to quest, set up garrison, get art wpns, farm, do proff's, fish, etc.

I have no char at 50 but i can use chromie time
Same here: only 45s but can Chromie-time. @vicaut I don't have SL. Do you? @Warglaive's link seems to explain, but not completely. (I have entered BfA on a single char, but didn't try Chromie on that char):
Did Not Complete Exile's Reach, Under Level 50

If you did not complete Exile's Reach and you did not choose a Timewalking leveling zone immediately from Chromie, the starting quest for your faction's Battle for Azeroth introduction is available to pick up. The quest is Tides of War for the Alliance or Hour of Reckoning for the Horde.

Once you have completed either of these quests, you must complete the introductory questline up through A Nation Divided (Alliance) or Speaker of the Horde (Horde) in order to have options for Timewalking from Chromie.

Edit: OK, I did do Speaker of the Horde, so maybe that's why I can Chromie.

Last edited:
@vicaut @Infomerc
There appears to be some gf’d accounts that for some reason have access to Chromie.
I never played Legion or BFA. My highest toon was a 100 from WoD - now a lvl 40, but I have access to Chromie also.
Only other thing I can think of is I did access some Legion and BFA quests on the PTR, as my account has access to PTR. But not even on PTR do I have a 50.
Go figure. Somehow some accounts have ticked the box to provide access to the lovely little Chromie :(

This is so incredibly confusing — so, as a F2P, you literally can’t access any dungeons outside of the two that you can queue for? Buuuuut some people can, but not everyone can... but you may be able to, and no one knows why?

Also, when people say Chromie Time or whatever the hell it is, is that just for utilizing the Dungeon Finder tool to access dungeons? i.e. Could a F2P still run to dungeons and go through them solo, or are you actually blocked from doing anything other than the first two that anyone can queue for?

Sorry, not trying to be a smartass, but there seems to be zero concrete information on how this works (much like everything else involving twinking in this expansion so far).

You can get invited by a subbed account and run them by walking in the entrance... at least vet accounts can.

This is so incredibly confusing — so, as a F2P, you literally can’t access any dungeons outside of the two that you can queue for? Buuuuut some people can, but not everyone can... but you may be able to, and no one knows why?

Also, when people say Chromie Time or whatever the hell it is, is that just for utilizing the Dungeon Finder tool to access dungeons? i.e. Could a F2P still run to dungeons and go through them solo, or are you actually blocked from doing anything other than the first two that anyone can queue for?

Sorry, not trying to be a smartass, but there seems to be zero concrete information on how this works (much like everything else involving twinking in this expansion so far).

You only need to have had a lvl 50 pre squish for Chromie time to work, that’s why some F2Ps (Those that used the DK glitch) can do Chromie time.

You can still do the walk in method to walking in to other expansion dungeons, or you can have a vet leader with Chromie time queue with you.

Hope that clears up some confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread