EU+US Chops F2P Warrior Guide

Ooof, you lucky ducky with the belt.

Did you have to delete and try a few times for it?

Hey Chops, got a few questions for ya.

Could you go into more detail on the fury playstyle? When I play arms I do pretty well and I feel like I have some nice utility with mortal strike and execute but fury makes me feel like a worse version of a hunter/mage/druid/(any meta dps) and I can't tell if it's because I'm doing something wrong. I feel like with arms I have a chance to kill healers with a lucky sudden death proc and the no-cooldown execute but it feels impossible on fury and the fury execute feels comparatively wimpy. I can 1v1 most non-healers a bit better but arms can already do that pretty well. Is there a reason to play fury over another class and how do you deal with healers?

I'd like to hear you break down the talent options too. War Machine seems like the best choice for fury to me but I see you use Fresh Meat and I'm curious why.

I'm also unsure about stat functionality. The character page is particularly unhelpful these days and I have no idea what one point of strength actually does. What are the differences in using something like Band of the Skull Crusher or Band of Argus compared to the secondary stat rings? Or Emil's Brand/The Pacifier vs the legion pre-patch mace?`

Here's my fury gear if you have suggestions: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/moon-guard/sartane

Thanks.
P.S. Every Man for Himself has a 3 minute cooldown now.

Is there a reason to play fury over another class and how do you deal with healers?
As F2P? No. Arms is probably stronger for F2P. The only reason fury gets discussed as meta is because of double (and triple/quad) crusader procs. It's noticeably weak without enchants. Arms however, as you noted, brings MS to the table and can dump some scary burst. Furys damage is pretty relentless but its largely flat and predictable. An arms warrior can double stack overpower buffs, wait for a lucky strike proc and dump a healthbars worth of damage in a couple globals. Out of nowhere.

I'd like to hear you break down the talent options too. War Machine seems like the best choice for fury to me but I see you use Fresh Meat and I'm curious why.
I run both. War machine is probably the go-to pug BG talent. The speed boost is just too good and it triggering off of HKs instead of killing blows makes it pretty ridiculous. If I have a healer though, I tend to choose fresh meat because I dont need the speed boost as much then as I want the extra enrage uptime. I also havent been pvping much on my warrior (got real into healing this xpac) and fresh meat is the pve talent of choice ;)

I'm also unsure about stat functionality. The character page is particularly unhelpful these days and I have no idea what one point of strength actually does. What are the differences in using something like Band of the Skull Crusher or Band of Argus compared to the secondary stat rings? Or Emil's Brand/The Pacifier vs the legion pre-patch mace?
You can swap gear and hover over tooltips to see how things change back and forth.

Generally, I like to run warriors (any melee spec, really) heavy on vers. You cant really avoid damage as a warrior, you gotta tank it and vers makes that a little easier. Running vers heavy gear is a bit of a personal choice though and can be pretty situational. That said, I'd def run your emils brand/pacifier in the main hand. Off hand damage is calculated at 50% of MH in instanced pvp, so your offhand is a stat stick.

Hey @Chops when are you going to do a Druid guide?
Maybe if I was any good at druid.

Crusader helps but you still need crits, raging blow procs and an interrupt.

Bloodthirst and dump your raging blowsx2 hope for a proc. Then x3

Rinse repeat until you can dump rampage into a healer. Hope for crits.

Then bloodthirst and raging blow again

*NOW STUN*
Or watch for windsheer, a CC etc

You either get lucky and can pull off execute and finish OR get your rage up for another rampage to close the gap for your finisher.

In group fights you can charge to a target and dump rampage + execute

Crusader procs help you hit harder to close that gap since we dont have a reliableinterupt thats not racial

As F2P? No. Arms is probably stronger for F2P.

Hmm, guess I'll stick with arms then, thanks.

You can swap gear and hover over tooltips to see how things change back and forth.

Different abilities scale differently though and how strength affects auto-attacks doesn't seem available in game. If there are any resources explaining the scaling and impact of strength then I'd love to read about it.

Generally, I like to run warriors (any melee spec, really) heavy on vers. You cant really avoid damage as a warrior, you gotta tank it and vers makes that a little easier. Running vers heavy gear is a bit of a personal choice though and can be pretty situational.

Vers is obviously good but it seems very hard to evaluate whether it's better than strength. The same goes for any stat compared to strength actually. Obviously 10 strength and 10 stamina would be more survivability and damage than 3 vers but I have no idea how much more and at what point x amount of vers is better than y amount of str/stam nor do I know whether vers suffers from diminishing returns. I'm also curious whether vers increases the healing of your bloodthirst/victory rush.

That said, I'd def run your emils brand/pacifier in the main hand. Off hand damage is calculated at 50% of MH in instanced pvp, so your offhand is a stat stick.

So if I picked up some vendor trash grey and threw it in my off hand it would still do half the damage of the main hand? Interesting.

Crusader helps but you still need crits, raging blow procs and an interrupt.

Check what thread you're in dude; we don't have crusader like you.

Bloodthirst and dump your raging blowsx2 hope for a proc. Then x3

Rinse repeat until you can dump rampage into a healer. Hope for crits.

Then bloodthirst and raging blow again

Uhh yeah dude, that's the basic rotation. And don't act like you know how to play a warrior; I watched you repeatedly overextend into the enemy team, berate our healer-less team for not healing you when you died, and rage AFK out of the game.

Vers is obviously good but it seems very hard to evaluate whether it's better than strength. The same goes for any stat compared to strength actually. Obviously 10 strength and 10 stamina would be more survivability and damage than 3 vers but I have no idea how much more and at what point x amount of vers is better than y amount of str/stam nor do I know whether vers suffers from diminishing returns. I'm also curious whether vers increases the healing of your bloodthirst/victory rush.
Roughly, folks tend to calculate that 1 str = 2.5 vers. Thats not an exact equation but its rough enough to quickly evaluate gear fairly accurately. As for stam, Im trying to think of a situation where you'd have a piece of gear that requires a choice between stam and vers where the choice isnt otherwise obvious (IE, take the epic weapons because weapon damage > all, regardless of stats) so im not sure thats too much of a worry. Pieces with vers will have stam.

Vers doesnt suffer diminishing returns, but if youre sacrificing damage elsewhere to get more vers, then obviously the vers is less effective.

Vers does increase victory rush and bloodthirst healing.

Roughly, folks tend to calculate that 1 str = 2.5 vers.
Thanks, that's useful. I'm still curious to know exactly how abilities/autos scale but this is good enough to pick which gear to wear.

As for stam, Im trying to think of a situation where you'd have a piece of gear that requires a choice between stam and vers where the choice isnt otherwise obvious
Rings and trinkets specifically are where I'm really unsure about what to use. I have an AGM but the shield was nerfed so badly that I'm not sure it'd even be worth using anymore if I happen to get one of the seasonal trinkets. 11 stam is nice but realistically only matters a small amount of the time.

I just snagged 2 epic pacifiers dirt cheap, I'm about to unlock maghar and roll until I get an epic infested chest. Anything else, my man?

After playing both Arms and Fury for a decent amount of time, the DPS of Arms is greater than Fury, but in my personal opinion I feel like has great sustain. Not as much burst as Arms, but being able to keep pressure on the healer has helped me out in multiple occassions.

F2P guide homie.

Though that vet is pretty, uh... it's pretty rough.

Get the boa neck, cape of the brotherhood, boa shoulders and pants for easy enchants, epic pacifier, literally any other rings.

Also basic as fuck vanilla era name ;)

What boa pants? And what enchants? Any other weapon than the epic pacifier bcz no epics in ah!

F2P guide homie.

Though that vet is pretty, uh... it's pretty rough.

Get the boa neck, cape of the brotherhood, boa shoulders and pants for easy enchants, epic pacifier, literally any other rings.

Also basic as fuck vanilla era name ;)

What enchants and what boe legs are we talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread