Cata engineering tinkers and you @70

i dont even specialize til im at 450

Poldpold said:
I have 3 questions:

1: Mmh.. Have I understood this right that I can get a tinker between 440-450 and from 450-460? Since I can reach lvl 450 I can actually get 2 tinkers? One between 440-450 and one on the 450 lvl.

Is this totally wrong?

2: Which engineering style is "easiest/cheapest" to lvl, Gnomish or Goblin?

3: Which style is most efficient in arenas Gnomish or Goblin

Nice thread!

1. its 441-450 for the first one 451-460 for the second and so on so forth so yes the 440-450 is wrong

2. goblin is awsome imo even with the nerf to big daddies its still better

3. neither as the extra shit they give you is non applicable

TY

Hello there, I level my eng to 450 on my 70 and i did not discover a tinker at 450, im trying to discover the synapse springs and ive made electrified ethers over 80 times, is it just my luck that i have discovered any thing? should i continue to make the electrified ethers?

marmerle said:
Hello there, I level my eng to 450 on my 70 and i did not discover a tinker at 450, im trying to discover the synapse springs and ive made electrified ethers over 80 times, is it just my luck that i have discovered any thing? should i continue to make the electrified ethers?

Are you on a cata account? or a cata trial?

that is very strange you did not discover anything i would check your tinkers again as you should have learned one by that many crafts

Jeego said:
Are you on a cata account? or a cata trial?

that is very strange you did not discover anything i would check your tinkers again as you should have learned one by that many crafts

I am on a cata account not trial, i sent a ticket in to a gm to see if they could spread a little light on it.

marmerle said:
I am on a cata account not trial, i sent a ticket in to a gm to see if they could spread a little light on it.

again i would look over your cata tinkers it seems very odd that you have not discovered one yet make obsidium bolts and you should get one if you havnt alrdy

Gms are next to worthless when it comes to this kind of thing so i dont reccomend a ticket

Jeego said:
Gms are next to worthless when it comes to this kind of thing so i dont reccomend a ticket

i totally agree, ive asked about said things numerous times and they basically told me to eff off. and may all my adventures be epic... lmao

just keep trying, i got all the way to 465 and only discovered "cardboard Assasin" I was makin the obsidium bolts or something i cant remember, i stoped making them and made a high powered bolt gun and got "Tazik Shocker" and accourding to the guide i still got one more tinker to be discovered.

great guide guys,

i doubt this would work but if i change my gnome priest to human my eng goes to 450 yeah?

so if i go back to gnome does it stay at 450 and i can lvl again to 465?. would be nice but i'm sure if it worked someone would have tried it already just wanted to see if anyone can confirm this,

Awesome guide guys

Bozorc said:
great guide guys,

i doubt this would work but if i change my gnome priest to human my eng goes to 450 yeah?

so if i go back to gnome does it stay at 450 and i can lvl again to 465?. would be nice but i'm sure if it worked someone would have tried it already just wanted to see if anyone can confirm this,

Awesome guide guys

if you are a gnome with 465 engi then go human your engi is now 450... then you go back to gnome again your engi would be 465 so you wouldnt have to lvl the 15 points again

the reason for this is the gnome racial is +15 engi not increases your maximum engi skill potential by 15

having done this myself that was how it worked unless it was ninjaed changed very recently

Insane... Relevelled ten times now and havent got the tinker I want yet. :) 20k spent so far XD Going for a 11th time now >.>

Poldpold said:
Insane... Relevelled ten times now and havent got the tinker I want yet. :) 20k spent so far XD Going for a 11th time now >.>

I dont know for sure what the record for engi relvled for a tinker is but i know of a couple people who made it pretty far into the teens as a gnome before getting what they want and i think one of them gave up at something like 16 or 17 times as a gnome

Jayse said:
Ugh contemplating releveling engineering again to try my luck at something better than the Grounded Plasma Shield that I can't use..

What do you folks average for spending to level 1-450?

Too bad Gnomes can't be shamans :(

varies big time per server generally 2500-5k seems about the norm if you ah 90% or more of it

I spent like 1500-2500g each relevel. But if you have the time to wait till the mats on AH gets cheaper you could probably lvl it for less than 1000g. ^^ GL!

I got Synapse Spring for the first time now (12 times relvl) and im gonna stick to it for a while! haha xD

thanks for the tips. I'll probably give it maybe 2 more shots. Cobalt is the biggest pain on my server because its highly overpriced (and one of the biggest pains to farm).

I'd be happy with either potion injector, synapse, or tazik, so hopefully 50% chance means that I wont have to do it 8 times. Hopefully :)

Great info gathered though Jeego. I appreciate it.

Jayse said:
thanks for the tips. I'll probably give it maybe 2 more shots. Cobalt is the biggest pain on my server because its highly overpriced (and one of the biggest pains to farm).

I'd be happy with either potion injector, synapse, or tazik, so hopefully 50% chance means that I wont have to do it 8 times. Hopefully :)

Great info gathered though Jeego. I appreciate it.

its been a process to get the best and most accurate info on this but im glad its compiled here

blizz is next to useless when it came to figuring out how tinkers actually work and the other rumor mills on wowheand and other forums just were terrible and wrong

Copying this from my other engineering thread so bear over with me :)

Got it after 9 shots, so 27 tinkers in total.

After these many tries I was suspecting it to have some sort of pattern, at least for some tinkers. I decided to try it out to see if I was correct.

I would always get a tinker at 441-443, usually skill up on bolts and get either Synapse or a gulp, only once did I get one of the useless belt tinkers. Then I would get another one at 451-455 and again at 461-465.

EVERY single time I did the bolts I got synapse or gulp, no exceptions but the above mentioned.

When reaching 451 I would get either a gulp or a belt tinker and finally something completely useless such as another gulp or belt.

I did the first 8 re-levels with bolts only and eventually something flashy just to break the rhythm a bit.

By the 9th try I went for bolts up to 451 and then Ethers till the first tinker procc.

I happened to get Synapse as the first one which was allright.

I then did bolts up to 455 (seeing there's no tinker discovery) and then Ethers again and BAM, Tazik!

I continued with bolts and voila, a gulp.

This seemed strange so I decided (oddly enough) to re-level engineering.

I've now re-leveled engineering three times with the same combination of bolts and ethers and i've gotten the same tinkers every time; Synapse, Tazik and a gulp.

I don't know if RNG is playing a trick on me and decided to piss me down my back, or if this is a genuine pattern. Anyhow, it's worth trying out if you're willing to go for 'em.

Good luck

Also, the regular engineering guide is inaccurate and not really a big help - at least not for gnomes and I assume it's the same for the other races.

After leveling it so many times I figured out a lot easier and cheaper way to skill it up all the way, I can have it linked up once I get back from work. However, it does require some bolts and VERY few (like 2-3 tops) of the other mats crafted :)

OP. Noticed a mistake in the first post. Under Synapse Springs you have listed them as lasting 12 seconds, when they only last 10 seconds.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread