US Broken Rating

possibility 1: trial is right, everyone else is wrong, "Confirmed the "rating system" has been broken"

possibility 2: trial is wrong, everyone else is right, trial needs to see a psychologist

see a doc m80 4 real, ima keep sayin it till you do, your posts reflect your problems

I carried Jetlife, Idiote and Wavesjr to their R1 spots for their classes. I think I know what I'm talking about.

doubling down on possibility 1, a bold but risky strategy let's see if it pays off for him

Every time I join a BG, it's "PUG LORD! CARRY US!" or "PUG LORD! I'M JEALOUS THAT YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME!", I think the bracket knows wassap. All Hail Pug Lord

ZzZzZzZ.....
FuTVCykc_bigger.jpeg

So... I just came back on thursday after a few weeks break and was banging out all kinds of arena wins and was at 2040 when I lost a couple games and stopped gaining points all together...

UcqAQHt.jpg

This is the SS of the Eliteguilds site, since TI's doesn't actually show progression / regression on rating, and I'm just wondering what in the duck is wrong with the system? I'm 77 - 5 for the week, started at 2007 but somehow managed to go down in rating... ROFL

...????

My holy pally stopped gaining rating too, I've been like 40 wins without a single gain between the two...
Sucks to suck

The reason you're not gaining points while your partner is gaining points is because your personal rating is higher than your MMR, while his personal rating is lower than his MMR.

Your personal rating (the rating you see on the ladder) and your MMR (hidden) are both different. Your MMR fluctuates more than your personal rating. Your personal rating will always try and reach your MMR.

So for example, if you lose to a team that has a much lower MMR than you, your MMR will plummet while your personal rating will go down by a lesser degree. On the other hand, if you beat a team with a much higher MMR than you, your MMR will skyrocket while your personal rating will go up by a lesser degree.

In your case, you must have lost to a team with a much lower MMR than yours, which caused your MMR to plummet. Now, your MMR must be lower than your personal rating. As I mentioned before, your personal rating always tries to go the direction of your MMR. Since your MMR is lower than your personal rating, your personal rating will not go up until your MMR is back above your personal rating. That is why you're gaining 0 points per win. Your friend's MMR however, must be higher than his personal rating - therefor he will gain points each win as his personal rating goes in the direction of his MMR.

This^.

Now, it's not impossible that your rating may have been bugged. This has happened before. Usually when Blizzard decides to do a "flush" (yes they still do that), your bug will be gone, and you should be able to gain rating again.

This^.

Now, it's not impossible that your rating may have been bugged. This has happened before. Usually when Blizzard decides to do a "flush" (yes they still do that), your bug will be gone, and you should be able to gain rating again.
I, too, can say random techs words that don't actually mean anything.DNS HEX CODE DDR

His rating isn't bugged, he's just mentally challenged or a troll, and if he's a troll that makes him mentally challenged as well.

It's tough to lose to Vet Disc/Rogue as 29 Enhance/Retribution.

Especially when you have a good Shaman as your partner.

I see that you're not just a poor paladin player, you're also a whiny little baby.

His team is 1-5 against my level 20 Disc/Rogue team. His MMR is probably shot from losing to low rated teams. How there can be any confusion here is beyond me.

As stated by nearly everyone in this thread, his problem is MMR - not some perceived glitch in the system. You can't assist someone who can't accept that they're wrong.

The moral here is to not start out flaming someone who is trying to help you, because you tend to get stuck in a spiral where you have to refuse to recognize that you're wrong - no matter how many people tell you otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread