US Broken Rating

Trialkiller

Grandfathered
So... I just came back on thursday after a few weeks break and was banging out all kinds of arena wins and was at 2040 when I lost a couple games and stopped gaining points all together...

UcqAQHt.jpg

This is the SS of the Eliteguilds site, since TI's doesn't actually show progression / regression on rating, and I'm just wondering what in the fuck is wrong with the system? I'm 77 - 5 for the week, started at 2007 but somehow managed to go down in rating... ROFL

...????

My holy pally stopped gaining rating too, I've been like 40 wins without a single gain between the two...

Because you must have been winning against very low mmr/rating teams as well as loosing to low mmr teams, works like the real rating system in wow.

My partner with like 10 - 15 rating lower now still gets points per win, so that logic is very flawed...

Yes you still get points per win, but the games you lost caused you to loose more rating than you gained as the teams you lost against would have been much lower mmr than you therefore causing a must great decrease in rating compared to the increase of rating you get from low rated players....

Yes you still get points per win, but the games you lost caused you to loose more rating than you gained as the teams you lost against would have been much lower mmr than you therefore causing a must great decrease in rating compared to the increase of rating you get from low rated players....

I've gone another 5 wins without a single point gain, I've been on a winning streak of 20+ games without a point gain. I don't think you understand the issue here.

Do you not see the logic behind why this is so? If you could farm "shit" lower rated players than you could get rank 1 within no time therefore you do not gain a high amount of rating as you could exploit the fact that you get qued in lower rated teams. I don't think you understand your own issue, check the scoreboard for 19s, i know what rating you can expect to increase at different levels.... If you faced people the same mmr/rating as you, the increase will be much more substantial than the shit teams you were facing

Do you not see the logic behind why this is so? If you could farm "shit" lower rated players than you could get rank 1 within no time therefore you do not gain a high amount of rating as you could exploit the fact that you get qued in lower rated teams. I don't think you understand your own issue, check the scoreboard for 19s, i know what rating you can expect to increase at different levels.... If you faced people the same mmr/rating as you, the increase will be much more substantial than the shit teams you were facing

My partner with less than 10 points below me still gains on wins, when I don't gain any points from the wins against the exact same team.

I am officially diagnosing you as disabled.

That is deluded, no point in wasting time to tell you the facts of what is going on here, you won against low mmr teams, you lost against low mmr teams. You are going to loose more rating if you loose to shit teams in comparison to the amount of rating you gain from winning against low teams, does not matter how many teams you win against the comparison is not the same with mmr and relative rating. Take it or leave what i'm telling you, just don't come back and when everyone tells you the same thing.

Last edited:
Mate your deluded, no point in wasting time to tell you the facts of what is going on here, you won against shit teams, you lost against shit teams. You are going to loose more rating if you loose to shit teams in comparison to the amount of rating you gain from winning against low teams, does not matter how many teams you win against the comparison is not the same. Take it or leave what i'm telling you, just don't come back and qq when everyone tells you the same thing.

Confirmed brain damage, son. I was q'ing with the R1 mage on my hpally and he had over 100 rating above me, my hpally was 1898 and he was 2k+, he still gained rating per win while I didn't.

You just don't have the answers, Sway.

Now you change your story to some other BS, okay.... well good luck i'm sure your going to do well, shame you don't understand the concept of how arena rating works but meh, keep going pal:)

Not changing any story, these both happened this week within the past few days... Thanks though, random, I'm sure someone somewhere thinks you're pretty.

The reason you're not gaining points while your partner is gaining points is because your personal rating is higher than your MMR, while his personal rating is lower than his MMR.

Your personal rating (the rating you see on the ladder) and your MMR (hidden) are both different. Your MMR fluctuates more than your personal rating. Your personal rating will always try and reach your MMR.

So for example, if you lose to a team that has a much lower MMR than you, your MMR will plummet while your personal rating will go down by a lesser degree. On the other hand, if you beat a team with a much higher MMR than you, your MMR will skyrocket while your personal rating will go up by a lesser degree.

In your case, you must have lost to a team with a much lower MMR than yours, which caused your MMR to plummet. Now, your MMR must be lower than your personal rating. As I mentioned before, your personal rating always tries to go the direction of your MMR. Since your MMR is lower than your personal rating, your personal rating will not go up until your MMR is back above your personal rating. That is why you're gaining 0 points per win. Your friend's MMR however, must be higher than his personal rating - therefor he will gain points each win as his personal rating goes in the direction of his MMR.

Confirmed the "rating system" has been broken by me, all this non-sense about skirmish MMR is nothing but theories and the fact is I've gone 81 - 5 and every game with the same partner, ended up the same fucking rating at the end of a 20+++ win spree.

Shit's broken and as far as I'm concerned is the furthest thing from an accurate representation.

Confirmed the "rating system" has been broken by me, all this non-sense about skirmish MMR is nothing but theories and the fact is I've gone 81 - 5 and every game with the same partner, ended up the same ducking rating at the end of a 20+++ win spree.

Shit's broken and as far as I'm concerned is the furthest thing from an accurate representation.
It's literally just like it would be at max level.

If you are for example 2.5k at max and you theoretically face 1.5k rated players all day, you will NEVER gain points. NEVER. You can only lose. It doesn't matter if you go 10000 - 0, you will still not gain rating.

The ladder for twinks comes directly from Blizzard's own database. It's not broken.

I have a 90% winrate on my lvl70 priest with about 900 games total, and I'm just over 2.2k. It's working properly because I know for sure some huge number like at least 750 of those games have been against horribly bad players who must've been 15-1600 at best.

Confirmed the "rating system" has been broken by me, all this non-sense about skirmish MMR is nothing but theories and the fact is I've gone 81 - 5 and every game with the same partner, ended up the same ducking rating at the end of a 20+++ win spree.

rip logic

A psychologist, specifically, will help you. good luck in your search. pm if you have Q's

Trial read what pizza said lol.. It's blizzard's rating system not xpoff/eliteguild/twinkstats etc. It's how it works at max level, when you fight 20 jajas you gain nothing from 2.2k vs 200mmr peasants lol. Especially if you're around 600-120 or whatever it'll take even longer to rank up.

Users who are viewing this thread